• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin Potential WVU Coach

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. Doc sh*ts on Kif as a HC all day long and we can have Doc with a 5 minute phone call IF indeed we want a change.

Others receiving votes that are > Kif that WVU could hire in less than a day :

PJ Fleck
Butch Davis
RichRod
Mack Brown
Greg Schiano

That's a pretty terrible list IMO.

Maybe Greg Schiano would be interesting.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way of knowing if Kiffen will be a good HC one day. He has only proven himself as a good OC.

I agree, Kiffen would not be interested in a job at WVU. It would be too difficult a job for someone like him. He needs to be at a school which cheats like hell to get top recruiting classes. He needs to stay in the SEC.

Kiffen would not be accepted by the inbreds in WV. He has shown the inability to win with a depleted roster of scholarship players. In a place like WV where inbreds rule, that excuse will not fly. Dana had similar scholarship numbers when his team entered Big 12 play. We have idiots who cannot understand the impact this makes.

If Lane couldn't win with athletes like he had at USC, he'd look pretty pathetic in Morgantown with all of its 2 and 3 star studs trying to compete against the likes of OU and Texas's 4 and 5 stars.

Easy to look like a great coach when you've got great talent.

Easy to look like a drunk who gives away games when you don't...

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm kind of wishing he'd be rehired at USC.....what fucking disaster this season has become.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You inserted "higher" into a sentence that warranted "hire"...and you have the nerve to call someone else stupid!? What about Lane is a cancer to a program? Did he not take Tennessee to a bowl game in his one season? Has Alabama not made consecutive CFP's & celebrated another 'chip?

I think you need to get your facts straight. You hillbilly bastards can only dream of bringing Lane Kiffin into West Virginia. I personally don't think he gives the job opportunity one thought.

Uhhh..didn't see where I called somebody stupid there, Chief, or is it Professor? If reading and correcting other people's posts is your forte, then you would see on the #4 post on this thread, I acknowledged my mistake. Maybe it was the boredom of sitting in the Albany (NY) airport using my phone to post and watching my flight being delayed again.

If you want to say that changing a 5-7 program into a 7-6 program in his first year is an accomplishment, then go for it. As far as the bowl game, they got blown out. Get your facts together, Sunshine. He had a lot of good talent still on the team when Fulmer retired and was bringing in good recruits. He started believing his own press when he started to call out other SEC coaches. If memory serves me it was Spurrier or Meyers. He had no real marquee wins that season. Nothing earth shattering here that would have me pray for Kiffin. Kiffin had UT eating out of his hands and then shit on them. We had that happen already here and do not need a part 2.

Not sure how you equate 'Bama's success associated with Kiffin. 'Bama was successful far before his arrival and the only reason why I can think he is at 'Bama is to assist the offense with an up tempo game.

Hopefully Louisville will do good things with Petrino at the helm and hopefully his contract has a no motorcycle clause and no female secretaries under the age of 62 in it. While it appears our basketball and football coaches enjoy cool, refreshing adult beverages, your coaches promote prostitution for recruiting, sprinkled with infidelity as a character trait. The only thing I agree with you is the fact that Kiffin probably would bypass us and I would be
ecstatic with that decision.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate USC with a passion but right now.....he's a lot better than Clay Helton.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kiffin is just biding his time till he can get another gig in the SEC.....

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kiffin is just biding his time till he can get another gig in the SEC.....
You may be right, but he caused a lot of problems running his mouth as the Vols HC. Maybe somebody in the SEC would take a chance, but I'm not sure who. Maybe a Kentucky or Vandy?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but he caused a lot of problems running his mouth as the Vols HC. Maybe somebody in the SEC would take a chance, but I'm not sure who. Maybe a Kentucky or Vandy?

Texas A & M if Sumlin leaves or gets fired. Plus, Vandy or Kentucky like you mentioned. Or if he doesn't like those choices.....In a few years.....South Carolina if Muschamp doesn't pan out. Or Missouri if Odom doesn't turn the Tigers around.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Auburn, LSU or Texas A&M could all be looking for a HC if a P5 school gives him a shot.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, I wouldn't think that an SEC school would want to bring him in after what he did at UT. I don't follow the SEC close enough to make a solid claim. If you want to ignite a rivalry, I guess hiring him at a SEC school would have UT fans frothing at the mouth.

Has 'Bama played at UT since Kiffin's returned?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 41.

I understand people hate him. But he's a good coach and the teams he has coached have done better with him than without him.

Tennessee hates him because he did so well for them. Gave them the only respectable season they had for almost a decade until last season(which is in itself debatable as better considering their schedule and how much weaker the SEC East is now). He was also killing it in recruiting until he left etc. He dicked them a little when he left and leaving after only 1 season was harsh, but to say he didn't have Tennessee on the way up is false.

And then at USC he took a team through some of the harshest sanctions of the past 20 years. USC was stupid for firing him it's looking like to me. Pat Haden was a clown at his job really, firing a coach mid season for PR reasons because of a loss, and then backing it up with basically nothing.

Neither of those teams have a better coach today. He's a hell of a recruiter and he would be just the guy to get a school like WVU who is right there in the middle what they need to take it up a level.

But he's way more likable when he doesn't get to talk...so good luck with that part wherever he goes.

Sorry, not buying that horse hockey. He's a good assistant, thats about it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, I wouldn't think that an SEC school would want to bring him in after what he did at UT. I don't follow the SEC close enough to make a solid claim. If you want to ignite a rivalry, I guess hiring him at a SEC school would have UT fans frothing at the mouth.

Has 'Bama played at UT since Kiffin's returned?

Yes we have.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. You're wrong, but ok.

Lol i'm not. But hey, he's a bammer right now so I can understand the love you're throwing him

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Holgorsen, Call up the Hatter now that LSU fired him, get him on board as a defensive "consultant"!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there ever is actually a vacancy for HC at West Virginia I would say they should look at Chris Klieman..

DAD he should meet all of your criteria....and then some.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lyons hired Kiffin there would be a public cry for his head on a platter. Everyone knows Doc is the next in line. Especially after that showing against Louisville. Only losing by 31, magnificent!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Holgorsen, Call up the Hatter now that LSU fired him, get him on board as a defensive "consultant"!!!

Les miles was an OC before becoming a HC, not a DC.

So that would be a bad hire.

And yes, I know that is a bit mind blowing considering his teams.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les miles was an OC before becoming a HC, not a DC.

So that would be a bad hire.

And yes, I know that is a bit mind blowing considering his teams.
Judging from the teams he has put on the field, OC or not, he is a defensive minded coach that could show Holgorsen a thing or two about defense AND head coaching!!! Plus, Miles on the staff in any position could only help recruiting!