• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin Potential WVU Coach

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lyons hired Kiffin there would be a public cry for his head on a platter. Everyone knows Doc is the next in line. Especially after that showing against Louisville. Only losing by 31, magnificent!
Pretty similar to how Jimbo, a coach that ANYONE would like to have lost to UL. Marshall actually looked better against UL than FSU did. If you want to gripe about losing to Akron, it is fair game, but I don't think Alabama wants a whole lot of UL right now.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I didn't even mention the curb stomping WE took at home vs a top 5 team in LSU or the thumping we took in Lawrence at the hands of the worst Kansas team that ever played football.....

still hurts too bad...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I didn't even mention the curb stomping WE took at home vs a top 5 team in LSU or the thumping we took in Lawrence at the hands of the worst Kansas team that ever played football.....

still hurts too bad...

I am still sore from that Kansas game, they had to bring me out of the stands to play since we had about 25 people on the team at that point lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe KU was able to beat WVU's JV team. Eats at me everyday.

WVU's defense lost 15 players heading into the KU game that year... 10 of them starters.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, to think... there are some WVU fans who think the cupboard wasn't left bare...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty similar to how Jimbo, a coach that ANYONE would like to have lost to UL. Marshall actually looked better against UL than FSU did. If you want to gripe about losing to Akron, it is fair game, but I don't think Alabama wants a whole lot of UL right now.
I really did think that was a good showing for an overmatched Herd team. I doubt WVU would fare as well.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really did think that was a good showing for an overmatched Herd team. I doubt WVU would fare as well.
Guy can coach/recruit, keep in my mind he is at Marshall, all those recruiting/logistical obsticals that always get brought up about WVU (legit points)? Even tougher at Marshall, amazing that he can be competitive at all with P5 teams imo.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc is not a D1 coach. Never has been and never will be. How many job offers has he turned down? How many undefeated seasons has he posted. He may have posted a better loss than FSU, but it is still a loss. He is a good coach and a great coach for Marshall, but I do not think he would do well at WVU and the B12.

I expect that Lyons and Gee have a replacement already picked out. Maybe Jim Tressel, hopefully not Lane Kiffin. Les Miles maybe? There a many coaches available that will be sexier choices than Doc. If there is a change, we need a name that will make fans buy tickets. Doc can't fill up a tiny stadium, would he fill ours?

At this point, I think that Holgs is more likely to leave after a good season than he is to get fired. I can see Bobby Bowden all over again. Holgs has been learning to coach while at WVu and is getting better at it. This year he has an opportunity to run through a comparatively weak B12.

On the other hand, we could fall apart, lose to Kansas and ISU and the Holgs haters will get their way.