• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin leaving Bama so soon?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing "I" think Kiffin did a good job of and it is so behind the scenes I really don't know and that is coach up Blake Sims. At least he's getting the credit. Not sure what Sims does without him? I know so many fell in love with him as OC but guy named Cooper helps. He did a good job, I wouldn't say great, because he didn't seem to do good at in game adjustments or recognizing what was working. He was automatically going to use the pass to set up the run. A complete opposite of Bama teams past where they ran to set up play action passing. In the Sugar Bowl he stuck to his script and his habits and it cost them. They run Henry the entire first quarter around the left side where there was tons of room for 56 yards in that quarter alone than NOTHING until late 3rd quarter. Sims is struggling because OSU took away Cooper(and did a damn good job at it) but Kiffin kept putting the game on Sims and passing. Why do I say all this? Because if Alabama can get the right OC that has a great feel for the game while it's being played look out with all that talent on that team. I personally think we are in good shape if he stays but have a chance to be great if he leaves. What the hell is Kiffin going to do without Cooper. Plus you do not run Henry up the middle much. He needs to get some steam going then look out. Not sure Kiffin recognized that either? :noidea:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for Bama to go after Cam Cameron if Kiffin leaves. I think he would be a good fit.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was expected, he doesn't seem to fit in at Bama, but this was probably the best coaching job he's ever done. Still a dbag though.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the 49'ers even named a head coach yet? Seems like he might want a little say and input? :noidea:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was expected, he doesn't seem to fit in at Bama, but this was probably the best coaching job he's ever done. Still a dbag though.

He fits in very well. Not sure where that's coming from.

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he is staying until NSD so Saban can keep their ridiculous class together. Not that they would have mass defections but a few might go elsewhere.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. I like Lane as an OC, hopefully he will run it more next year though.

I don't care for him as an OC. His gameplan for the LSU game to this day completely blows my mind. I have never in my life seen such a terrible gameplan and I really don't even know what the fuck he was thinking. At the end it was nice that we came back and won and all that, but that game should have never been so close to begin with. We scored only 13 points in the 4 quarters. Only 300 yards of offense, 200 passing and 100 rushing. Ridiculous.

Going into the LSU game, LSU has one of the best secondaries around and they are known to be weak against the run. What is our gameplan going into the game? Lots of rushes? Hell no. We did nothing but pass the entire fucking game and damn near lost as a result. We barely scored any points and it was 100% all on Lane Kiffin.

I am not making these stats up - We attempted 45 passes that game. 45! Only 20 of those 45 were completed. We did have 2 TD's, but 1 of them was in overtime. Meanwhile between our 2 backs, they had a total of 23 carries. Almost exactly half the pass attempts for the game.

It's one thing when the offense is clicking and working and the pass is a weak spot. But playing into the strengths of the other team is straight up shitty play calling.

And don't even get me started on how stupid it is/was for the constant Amari Cooper end around sweeps while having a backfield full of talented backs.

I would have been fine with him leaving except for 2 reasons: 1. so late in the season to try and find a new OC. 2. Probably has a positive influence on recruiting.

Really the only good things I have to say about Lane Kiffin is in regards to developing QB's. I'm glad he is there for that. But as for the rest, I could do without. IMO, he was more interested in trying to win a Heisman than everything else and fuck that shit.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane's riding his dad's coattails into a pretty high paying career.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for him as an OC. His gameplan for the LSU game to this day completely blows my mind. I have never in my life seen such a terrible gameplan and I really don't even know what the fuck he was thinking. At the end it was nice that we came back and won and all that, but that game should have never been so close to begin with. We scored only 13 points in the 4 quarters. Only 300 yards of offense, 200 passing and 100 rushing. Ridiculous.

Going into the LSU game, LSU has one of the best secondaries around and they are known to be weak against the run. What is our gameplan going into the game? Lots of rushes? Hell no. We did nothing but pass the entire fucking game and damn near lost as a result. We barely scored any points and it was 100% all on Lane Kiffin.

I am not making these stats up - We attempted 45 passes that game. 45! Only 20 of those 45 were completed. We did have 2 TD's, but 1 of them was in overtime. Meanwhile between our 2 backs, they had a total of 23 carries. Almost exactly half the pass attempts for the game.

It's one thing when the offense is clicking and working and the pass is a weak spot. But playing into the strengths of the other team is straight up shitty play calling.

And don't even get me started on how stupid it is/was for the constant Amari Cooper end around sweeps while having a backfield full of talented backs.

I would have been fine with him leaving except for 2 reasons: 1. so late in the season to try and find a new OC. 2. Probably has a positive influence on recruiting.

Really the only good things I have to say about Lane Kiffin is in regards to developing QB's. I'm glad he is there for that. But as for the rest, I could do without. IMO, he was more interested in trying to win a Heisman than everything else and fuck that shit.

I agree with you. Some things I dont like about him is he is too pass happy and he tried to force feed Amari Cooper too much(we have other playmakers),He also throws too many fuckin Bubble Screens,oh and finally I HATE running out of the shotgun. If you are going to run it why not line up under center and do it. He flat out lost the Ohio State game for us, we were wearing them out off the left side with Derrick Henry and for some reason he abandoned the run game. But he does have moments where he calls great plays though like in the 2 second half vs Auburn and the Florida game. Plus he is good at developing QBs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane's riding his dad's coattails into a pretty high paying career.

He earned his pay with Blake Sims last year.

I can't wait to see what he does with the QB's this off season. Coker likely would have been the starter last year if FSU hadn't held him so long to graduate and he could have had time to work with Kiffin all year the way Blake did.

We also have a 5 star true freshman QB that's already enrolled early. It's going to be a great experience for him and even if Kiffin leaves after next year hopefully his time with Kiffin will be very positive.

It's just his game plans that I don't care for. Also pisses me off when he just goes into pass pass pass punt mode.