• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin leaving Bama so soon?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched back every game and every game there were 4 or 5 plays where another guy was open and he would still throw the damn thing to Cooper.

Yeah, it was maddening at times. There was a lot of me going "HE'S WIDE THE FUCK OPEN!" this past season. :gaah:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He loved to force feed Cooper too much. Didn't he also do that with Marquise Lee at USC??? Luckily this year we will have a bunch of great recievers that can be dominant and not just 1 receiver that can be dominant.

Yeah. To be fair, part of the reason he was trying to force feed Marqise Lee was because Lee was up for Heisman consideration so Kiffin was trying to help him win it. The problem was, it sometimes came at the expense of offensive rhythm and may have actually ended up hurting his chances.

I will say this, if 'Bama's receiving corp is as good as you suggest, he'll likely figure that out and you'll see some monster offensive numbers, especially if you have good running backs who can catch the ball out of the backfield. It'll look like he's playing XBox at times.:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with trying to get the ball in your best players hands but, at some point, it falls on the QB to be able to read the D and make the right decision if your first option isn't there. Sims didn't give a shit if Cooper was covered, he was gonna throw that bitch to him if he (Sims) was under pressure no matter what most of the time and it hurt us dearly on multiple occasions.

That's part of why I say "if he gets the QB that he wants." He'll teach him to go through his progressions and look for other receivers if the #1 option isn't open. However, some of that still falls on the OC, because he also has to call plays where someone else is the #1 option.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin should stay at Bama. It will be only a matter of time before he brings them down from within.

Oh look fresh meat for Hammer to make cry because he disses Mariota.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO...May be new here, but I've been around.

Just keep the Kleenex handy we have been losing Duck fans left and right from meltdowns.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You serious? Guy has been known as one of the best recruiters in the country for years. He was under an NCAA investigation and takes an internship? Are you trying to say it is commonplace for an established coach to take an internship? Not saying any rules were broken, but that was slimy

I'm unsure what the big deal is. He wasn't allowed to recruit, he wasn't on the field coaching, and now the NCAA investigation is no longer an issue.

If he choose to take the internship, then so be it. Obviously he thought it was something being done to his favor.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'm pretty thick skinned. ;)

You would have to be to be a combination Raider and Oregon fan. No titles with one and not many winning teams in recent memory with the other.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to be to be a combination Raider and Oregon fan. No titles with one and not many winning teams in recent memory with the other.

One has been close and one is on the way back up...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unsure what the big deal is. He wasn't allowed to recruit, he wasn't on the field coaching, and now the NCAA investigation is no longer an issue.

If he choose to take the internship, then so be it. Obviously he thought it was something being done to his favor.

Saban greyshirting coaches now too?:noidea: