• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin leaving Bama so soon?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Kiffin staying, he's a head coach somewhere the following year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must have become an issue on the recruiting trail no other reason to make this a huge press release to say he is staying.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must have become an issue on the recruiting trail no other reason to make this a huge press release to say he is staying.

Maybe, but it's likely because the media won't shut up about these kinds of things until this happens. Which of course is likely to cause trouble with recruiting.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it's likely because the media won't shut up about these kinds of things until this happens. Which of course is likely to cause trouble with recruiting.

^This. Bama has coaches poached every year yet, this year, they lose a couple of LB coaches and it's all over every sports news sites like it's all over for the Tide (btw, lol @ LSU). As polarized as shit in T-Town is nowadays, it only makes sense to come out and make an official announcement to shut the media up and make the recruits feel better.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^This. Bama has coaches poached every year yet, this year, they lose a couple of LB coaches and it's all over every sports news sites like it's all over for the Tide (btw, lol @ LSU). As polarized as shit in T-Town is nowadays, it only makes sense to come out and make an official announcement to shut the media up and make the recruits feel better.

Plug the leaks but the ship will still take on water and the rats stay nervous.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much as expected, Tosh Lupoi will be the OLB coach next year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much as expected, Tosh Lupoi will be the OLB coach next year.

He is done interning? That always seemed legit to me.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin should stay at Bama. It will be only a matter of time before he brings them down from within.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what wouldn't be legit about it?
-
You serious? Guy has been known as one of the best recruiters in the country for years. He was under an NCAA investigation and takes an internship? Are you trying to say it is commonplace for an established coach to take an internship? Not saying any rules were broken, but that was slimy

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You serious? Guy has been known as one of the best recruiters in the country for years. He was under an NCAA investigation and takes an internship? Are you trying to say it is commonplace for an established coach to take an internship? Not saying any rules were broken, but that was slimy

I don't think he had a ton of offers coming in during the investigation, he was still getting paid by UW and had the chance to work under Saban at a big time program, now it's paid off for him. Looks like a smart move to me. :noidea:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANy truth to Bama moving Kirby back to Linebackers and Saban possibly hiring Deshea Townsend to coach secondary?????

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANy truth to Bama moving Kirby back to Linebackers and Saban possibly hiring Deshea Townsend to coach secondary?????

I've heard rumors about it but nothing concrete.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Some things I dont like about him is he is too pass happy and he tried to force feed Amari Cooper too much(we have other playmakers),He also throws too many fuckin Bubble Screens,oh and finally I HATE running out of the shotgun. If you are going to run it why not line up under center and do it. He flat out lost the Ohio State game for us, we were wearing them out off the left side with Derrick Henry and for some reason he abandoned the run game. But he does have moments where he calls great plays though like in the 2 second half vs Auburn and the Florida game. Plus he is good at developing QBs.

If he gets the QB that he wants, you can expect even more passing. My one criticism of Kiffin's play calling at USC was that he has a tendency to want to keep feeding the "hot player". The problem is, he sometimes forgets to make sure the ball gets spread around and it can disrupt the rhythm of the offense. That's a tendency that he'll need to work on staying away from. All coaches have a "blind spot" and that's his.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets the QB that he wants, you can expect even more passing. My one criticism of Kiffin's play calling at USC was that he has a tendency to want to keep feeding the "hot player". The problem is, he sometimes forgets to make sure the ball gets spread around and it can disrupt the rhythm of the offense. That's a tendency that he'll need to work on staying away from. All coaches have a "blind spot" and that's his.

He loved to force feed Cooper too much. Didn't he also do that with Marquise Lee at USC??? Luckily this year we will have a bunch of great recievers that can be dominant and not just 1 receiver that can be dominant.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with trying to get the ball in your best players hands but, at some point, it falls on the QB to be able to read the D and make the right decision if your first option isn't there. Sims didn't give a shit if Cooper was covered, he was gonna throw that bitch to him if he (Sims) was under pressure no matter what most of the time and it hurt us dearly on multiple occasions.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with trying to get the ball in your best players hands but, at some point, it falls on the QB to be able to read the D and make the right decision if your first option isn't there. Sims didn't give a shit if Cooper was covered, he was gonna throw that bitch to him if he (Sims) was under pressure no matter what most of the time and it hurt us dearly on multiple occasions.

Ive watched back every game and every game there were 4 or 5 plays where another guy was open and he would still throw the damn thing to Cooper.