• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Off-Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not counting on it either, but it is interesting.

I'm not much of a Lebron fan, so I would be a bit torn anyway. It's kinda like when they signed Karl Malone after hating the guy for a decade (only more in his prime).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not counting on it either, but it is interesting.

I'm not much of a Lebron fan, so I would be a bit torn anyway. It's kinda like when they signed Karl Malone after hating the guy for a decade (only more in his prime).

Same here. I've said before, if Lebron were to come to the Lakers, he'd be like Kobe for me. I'd cheer for him and enjoy the wins, but I still wouldn't like him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I've said before, if Lebron were to come to the Lakers, he'd be like Kobe for me. I'd cheer for him and enjoy the wins, but I still wouldn't like him.

I didn't have anything against Kobe. He wasn't my favorite Laker (Magic all time, even Shaq was ahead of Kobe initially), but I liked him throughout his career.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have anything against Kobe. He wasn't my favorite Laker (Magic all time, even Shaq was ahead of Kobe initially), but I liked him throughout his career.

I liked his work ethic, win at all costs attitude and of course, the wins. I just didn't like some of the other crap that brought negative attention to the team. I will say that while I preferred younger Kobe as a player, I found old Kobe to be much more likeable.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked his work ethic, win at all costs attitude and of course, the wins. I just didn't like some of the other crap that brought negative attention to the team. I will say that while I preferred younger Kobe as a player, I found old Kobe to be much more likeable.

Funny how age and maturity changes a person's personality/perspective toward others.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the Kings may have been heavily engaged in trade talks. I don't think the Lakers were though. Headlines like that are so misleading. Same with BS TV analysis. The dude on ESPN talking about the 76ers and suggesting a trade of Okafor for Russell. His rationale was basically since the Lakers almost drafted Okafor last year, why not trade for him? So deep. This isn't fantasy sports.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I totally agree lakersrule. Some of these writes and pundits, I believe sit around the office coolers and think this BS up. Russell isn't going anywhere especially for a guy like Okafor. The reasoning is just total BS.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows I pretty much wanted to trade the #2 pick for an established vet so we don't have a bunch of diaper dandies but I just listened to an interview with Ingram......Kid's extremely articulate when talking to the media and seems sure of himself and his answers.

I also heard an interview with the 2nd round pick and saw some highlights.....Zubac's stoked to be a Laker and he seems like he could be another Vlade Divac type. He is a legit post presence at 7-1 and 265 pounds and could be a starter in a few seasons but most likely a backup.

I heard an interview with Luke and he seems like he'll be a good fit. He seems to be a pretty confident guy, despite a lack of coaching experience.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a billboard out today by Staples Center with Pau Gasol's pic on it begging him to come play for Luke and retire a Laker.

I'd offer him a 3 year deal worth 30-33 million. He could mentor Zubac and he should be able to give us 16ppg, 9-10rpg, and about 3-4apg, and a few bpg. He'd be a great role model for the kids.

However, I realize he probably wants to win so it's probably unlikely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of whom the Lakers and Mitch may have in mind.

Mitch Kupchak on Adding Veterans, Lakers Free Agency Pitch

Yeah, I was reading about this in the paper this morning. Hopefully they will let Luke do most of the talking during the FA meetings. It's his system and style that they will need to fit in with.

They can still talk about some of the opportunities that players have in LA. But only as an "oh by the way..." part of the presentation. The focus needs to be on what they can do on the court, not what they can do off of it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was reading about this in the paper this morning. Hopefully they will let Luke do most of the talking during the FA meetings. It's his system and style that they will need to fit in with.

They can still talk about some of the opportunities that players have in LA. But only as an "oh by the way..." part of the presentation. The focus needs to be on what they can do on the court, not what they can do off of it.
I just hope they learned something from the last two years. I would like Horford or Noah or whiteside. Just give me one. I would love Pau to come back and finish up. He would provide great veteran leadership IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they learned something from the last two years. I would like Horford or Noah or whiteside. Just give me one. I would love Pau to come back and finish up. He would provide great veteran leadership IMO.

Agree with all of this. I'm a huge Pau Gasol fanboy, so I'm completely on board with him coming back. Unfortunately, I think Pau wants to try and get another ring or 2 before he retires, so I think he goes to a team that has a shot at a title.