• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Nick Young suspended 1 game for throwing punch

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's a reflection on how "Swaggy P's" teammates feel about him.....:noidea:

Possibly. He's been a career knucklehead so its possible. But still, they should have at least made one of those halfassed "Hold me back bro!" things we see all the time with NBA scuffles. Kelly was on the only that put in any kind of effort.

The suspension was warranted though. Yeah, it was a hard foul (not intentional imo) but Young got up swinging. Soon as he hit the ground he came up ready to fight anyone that came at him. That's just dumb. The league has pretty much stamped out fighting since the Malace so he should know how to act.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying go in and start throwing punches, but they needed to be in there to have his back and separate things. Kendall Marshall stood at the 3-point line and watched everything unfold. Sorry man, but that ain't much of a teammate regardless of how many were dressed.

1528476_786050504756809_213782358_n.jpg

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for Jim Doors teammates or friends.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick is a thug, however, the lakers don't have much else

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm saying this... but Young had every right to be pissed. Not ONE teammate stepped up and had his back. I'd be fucking angry too... still made zero sense to punch Goran, but I see where he's coming from.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm saying this... but Young had every right to be pissed. Not ONE teammate stepped up and had his back. I'd be fucking angry too... still made zero sense to punch Goran, but I see where he's coming from.

That gives him the right to throw a punch?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That gives him the right to throw a punch?

Did you even read what I posted? I said it made no sense to "punch" Goran (it was a push to his face) but I understand why he was pissed. His teammates were acting like a bunch of pussies.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read what I posted? I said it made no sense to "punch" Goran (it was a push to his face) but I understand why he was pissed. His teammates were acting like a bunch of pussies.

I guess bro. I didn't see it. I just think there are other ways to express your frustration

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the rest of the team(even if just a couple) got involved, things wouldn't have escalated

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is artest when you need him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Metta never met a scuffle he didn't like. He would have been all up in Morris and Drajic's face in a heartbeat. Even Kobe was thinking about it as he got out of his chair and was walking in that direction just a step or two.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying go in and start throwing punches, but they needed to be in there to have his back and separate things. Kendall Marshall stood at the 3-point line and watched everything unfold. Sorry man, but that ain't much of a teammate regardless of how many were dressed.

I understand your passion and how you feel, but as I recall, that attitude cost the Phoenix Suns a legitimate chance to go to the finals that one year when Cheap Shot Bob intentionally and flagarantly knocked the shit out of Steve Nash. I would been throwing punches, but honestly I thought Kobe looked more like a man after Raja Bell did the same crap, when He(Kobe) got up laughing at Raja and acting like he didn't even feel it. Raja got the suspension and the Lakers moved forward. Now on the other hand - when I was growing up - there were a few times that I agreed to meet someone behind the building after the adults were gone and no witnesses to stop ups and go man to man. There is a time and a place for all things and Nick Young will not be able to help the Lakers win what in theory is a winnable game Friday night, so it seems like to me the Lakers lost two games out of that.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for Jim Doors teammates or friends.

I feel sorry for you..... sticking up for Lil' Wayne and his video showing him stomping on the American Flag.

Go back to Mexico, Chico.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be refreshing to see JD post something/anything about his alleged favorite team the Knicks....it's always Kobe, Lebron, everything Lakers all day every day....then again what's there to talk about with the Knicks. Sad and pathetic in that order

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for you..... sticking up for Lil' Wayne and his video showing him stomping on the American Flag.

Go back to Mexico, Chico.

Yeah, because dumb fucks like you think he was disrespecting the flag.

I thought the saying was to tell black people to go back to Africa. Now they telling us to go back to Mexico? I wouldn't mind going back to Cancun though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young had a right to be upset over the flagarant foul and the one thing about the NBA that is not realistic is that when you are smacked down to the floor by the piece of shit Len in the face - Any normal person is going to get upset. The NBA officials do not tolerate any player retaliating or even getting upset. The victim of the crime is expected to get up and say nothing and not even get upset. That is not realistic at all and had that same person did that on the street in a heated discussion, the same violator from the Suns team would have been arrested for assault. That to me is the hypocrisy of the NBA. That being said, Nick Young and all players know that they need to keep their cool and not retaliate. It's part of being a professional and part of the job that they are getting paid for. I have had to walk away from potential confrontation in my job many times to avoid the conflicts - there is an old saying for that situation. YOU NEED TO LOSE THE BATTLE IN ORDER TO WIN THE WAR. It works more than you realize - some of you should try it