• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2016 Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is beginning to plateau although he does have his moments. He has a tendency to get lost at times. Nance just plays explosively and he will eventually surpass Randle. Nance reminds me of Blake Griffin across the hall.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is beginning to plateau although he does have his moments. He has a tendency to get lost at times. Nance just plays explosively and he will eventually surpass Randle. Nance reminds me of Blake Griffin across the hall.
I agree. Boy if the can trade Randell and Russell. That would be great.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are getting our ass royally kicked in Dallas as we are down by 34 at the half to the Mavericks. I think the youngsters took the day off.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is ugly.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it is. Every item of weakness we have been attempting to overcome is being exposed in this Dallas game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a monumental ass whipping!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst loss in Lakers history!!!!

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Deangelo we get clobbered. There is no offense. Julius shows his shortcomings when Angelo is out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubac is going to be really good within 2-3 seasons. Trade Mozgv in the 3rd year of his deal and give Zubac the starting job.

I agree. He's looked good when he's gotten in recently. If he keeps it up, I could definitely see the Lakers looking to do that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with trading Randle. I think he will become a faster, more athletic version of Zach Randolph. He's a little on the short side for a PF, so he needs to learn how to use his athleticism and leverage on defense. On offense, he needs to develop a mid-range shot and maybe a 3 point shot that has to at least be respected. He also brings a bit of the nasty, not taking any shit attitude that the Lakers really don't have and every team needs.

I'd be open to trading Russell, but we better be getting something really good. I think his biggest issue is that he isn't a true point guard. I think that's why Luke has been using Ingram at the point when Russell isn't in the game. If Ingram improves at the point, I think we could see Ingram at PG and Russell sliding over to SG.

Pump the brakes on Nance, I love his energy and athleticism, but he's not a starting quality PF, imo and it's waaay to early to be making Blake Griffin comparisons. Can't even really compare him to his Daddy yet. Having said that, if he continues to develop, perhaps we could eventually see a starting lineup that looks like this:

PG- Ingram
SG - Russell
SF - Nance
PF- Randle
C - Zubac

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with trading Randle. I think he will become a faster, more athletic version of Zach Randolph. He's a little on the short side for a PF, so he needs to learn how to use his athleticism and leverage on defense. On offense, he needs to develop a mid-range shot and maybe a 3 point shot that has to at least be respected. He also brings a bit of the nasty, not taking any shit attitude that the Lakers really don't have and every team needs.

I'd be open to trading Russell, but we better be getting something really good. I think his biggest issue is that he isn't a true point guard. I think that's why Luke has been using Ingram at the point when Russell isn't in the game. If Ingram improves at the point, I think we could see Ingram at PG and Russell sliding over to SG.

Pump the brakes on Nance, I love his energy and athleticism, but he's not a starting quality PF, imo and it's waaay to early to be making Blake Griffin comparisons. Can't even really compare him to his Daddy yet. Having said that, if he continues to develop, perhaps we could eventually see a starting lineup that looks like this:

PG- Ingram
SG - Russell
SF - Nance
PF- Randle
C - Zubac

That is not a bad lineup in the future. I just dont see Ingram as point guard long term.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not a bad lineup in the future. I just dont see Ingram as point guard long term.

I can. He's got good handles and seems to have pretty good court vision. If memory serves, several years back, the Lakers had a point guard who was about the same height as Ingram and that guy seemed to do ok. lol

I'm not saying he's definitely going to be the answer, but if he's up to the task, may as well give him a shot. It's a guard driven league these days and guard his size could be a real advantage.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers in a tight one, everyones playing great.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who's this Magic dude that folks are making such a fuss about?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another loss against the hated Celtics. It is becoming inrfeasingly clear that the players appear to be losing for the chance at top three protected pick of which we have been pretty successful the last two drafts at keeping. As the Dwightmare and Nash trades affect on the Lakers is winding down, another top three pick would add to the mix.

Also, there are players like Anderson Varejao who are now available and if we are looking to permanently sit a guy like Metta, who is pretty much done, Varejao would be a decent addition.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they also lose a first round due to that sessions debacle??

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another loss against the hated Celtics. It is becoming inrfeasingly clear that the players appear to be losing for the chance at top three protected pick of which we have been pretty successful the last two drafts at keeping. As the Dwightmare and Nash trades affect on the Lakers is winding down, another top three pick would add to the mix.

Also, there are players like Anderson Varejao who are now available and if we are looking to permanently sit a guy like Metta, who is pretty much done, Varejao would be a decent addition.

The players aren't losing to try and keep the top 3 pick. They are trying to win. They are losing because they are young, developing and learning how to play basketball at this level.

If the Lakers tank, it will be done by the FO continuing to not make any moves that would immediately improve the team.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players aren't losing to try and keep the top 3 pick. They are trying to win. They are losing because they are young, developing and learning how to play basketball at this level.

If the Lakers tank, it will be done by the FO continuing to not make any moves that would immediately improve the team.
I agree. They are playing hard and are young. If no moves, they will continue to lose. I agree to trade some players for draft picks such as Williams and jose.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They are playing hard and are young. If no moves, they will continue to lose. I agree to trade some players for draft picks such as Williams and jose.

Agree. As much as I love watching Lou play, he's been in the league for 11 years and isn't likely to be part of the team anymore when these kids are ready for the playoffs. Trade him to a playoff contender for picks so he can maybe make a run at a title. He deserves it, imo.