• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La'el Collins just fell five rounds

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat..he didn't want to be part of the draft once this news went viral. Anyone drafting him would of got the cold shoulder.

That isn't true. He said we would not sign is he was drafted outside the 3rd round. He went be to meet with police and that meeting was scheduled until the Monday after the draft. I am sure everyone is just being cautious more than anything else. As long as he is a person of interest in a murder investigation teams have a right to be concerned.

He will get on a team and if he is the real deal he will make his millions. He will just have to earn it first.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit:gaah:

Once in a lifetime opportunity to add a talented young offensive lineman for nothing.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...everyone passed on him. It was kind of dense to only visit one team, but it is what it is.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas got 3 1st round talents...

Byron Jones
Randy Gregory
Collins

Again, Why the fuck didn't we risk a pick on him?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I thought the same thing, why now risk a 7th round pick? Fuckin Dallas!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the starters on the Cowgirls O-Line? Who is the odd man out - the RT? whoever that is.
They have bui9lt the unquestioned OL in the league. Of course, he didn't fit Chips "culture". Now we still don't have a RG, and a "lame duck" LG, and soon to be over the hill LT in a year or two. Not Happy!!
:eek::mad2::scratch::tsk::frusty::(:yell:>:(

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, he is likely to replace the left guard, Leary, he is the weakest link on the line.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to play for Dallas, there really wasn't anything another team can do. This is also why there is a draft in the NFL so the top talent doesn't just sign with one team all the time. There are a lot of other factors I am sure his agent was putting in his ear to, like how expensive it is to live areas like Miami, Philadelphia etc. Plus all the additional taxes in places like Philly. The guy got raw deal and lost millions of dollars by not being drafted in the first three rounds. So he got the max he could get, and also signed in a place where the cost of living is not high so he can maximize the money he is getting.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how teams didn't take a chance with their 7th ... including us. Collins bluffed about re-entering the draft next year if not picked in the first 3 rounds and teams fell for it. Was he not worth taking a chance on instead of some big oaf we took in Rd 7 who will be lucky to make the practice squad?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas got 3 1st round talents...

Byron Jones
Randy Gregory
Collins

Again, Why the fuck didn't we risk a pick on him?

I wouldn't count Byron Jones.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he wanted to play for Dallas he's a mental midget.

Cowboys suck.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how teams didn't take a chance with their 7th ... including us. Collins bluffed about re-entering the draft next year if not picked in the first 3 rounds and teams fell for it. Was he not worth taking a chance on instead of some big oaf we took in Rd 7 who will be lucky to make the practice squad?

Problem is you don't know if was bluffing or not. Going undrafted means he CANNOT re-enter the draft in "16". Had he been drafted then YES he could sit and re-enter the draft. By saying he will not sign he gained leverage. If a team took a 3rd round shot on him he probably signs any round later he most likely sits.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he wanted to play for Dallas he's a mental midget.

Cowboys suck.
The Eagles had an opportunity to sign him but wisely he chose America's team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count Byron Jones.

He's no sure thing, but I liked him, and think he can become a star. I'm glad we got who we did though. Not complaining. I'm just ticked that Jerrah whipped Jeffrey as usual.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team that could compete with Philly is becoming a joke! I'm more worried about the Giants now. Character and talent wins.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you don't know if was bluffing or not. Going undrafted means he CANNOT re-enter the draft in "16". Had he been drafted then YES he could sit and re-enter the draft. By saying he will not sign he gained leverage. If a team took a 3rd round shot on him he probably signs any round later he most likely sits.

He would have had the "option" to go back into the draft next year, but I think in the end he would have signed. OLinemen are big guys with plenty of girth ... sitting out an entire year could have seen him balloon in weight even if he were working out (nothing like actually being out there competing all season). It's also a full year of rust ... there's no guarantee he would be a first rounder next season. This was actually a very weak year for LT's ... he was probably a mid 1st this year because of it. Many teams saw him as a Guard, not a tackle at the next level. If you sit out the year and end up a mid 2nd in 2016 what has he really accomplished in the end? a wasted year and one more year you have to wait to get that big 1st free agent contract? I call BS on him having sat the year ... kudo's to his agent though for a fantastic scare tactic sell job and allowing his client to pick his team.

Again, if he goes back into the draft in 2016 what would the Eagles have really lost? imo well worth the gamble.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have had the "option" to go back into the draft next year, but I think in the end he would have signed. OLinemen are big guys with plenty of girth ... sitting out an entire year could have seen him balloon in weight even if he were working out (nothing like actually being out there competing all season). It's also a full year of rust ... there's no guarantee he would be a first rounder next season. This was actually a very weak year for LT's ... he was probably a mid 1st this year because of it. Many teams saw him as a Guard, not a tackle at the next level. If you sit out the year and end up a mid 2nd in 2016 what has he really accomplished in the end? a wasted year and one more year you have to wait to get that big 1st free agent contract? I call BS on him having sat the year ... kudo's to his agent though for a fantastic scare tactic sell job and allowing his client to pick his team.

Again, if he goes back into the draft in 2016 what would the Eagles have really lost? imo well worth the gamble.

I agree it would have been worth the risk. I do have a suspicion the NFL may have told teams hands off until they get more info on the situation. No proof just something that had crossed my mind.

I also wonder how much the Hernandez case weighed in the thought process. As a Cowboy fan I'm happy at the moment but I do know that until the case is solved he will be in question.