• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La'el Collins just fell five rounds

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was rated one of the best OL in the draft. The 3rd round certainly is not a guarantee that a player is gong to be great, so Yes, if you like him a lot, you pick him. If he turns out dirty, it is not devastating.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He going to have to sign as a free agent. He's not able to enter the draft next year. The CBA has limits on what a team can offer him, so it will come down to where he feels is the best situation for him. Got a thread going on the general board check it out.

The courtship should be interesting for this golden egg.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damning that no one took a chance. Seems like a smoke/fire situation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, it involved a murder, nobody wants a part of that. Then he didn't even want to get drafted and said flat out he would not sign if drafted. He thought he could get a redo next year, but he can't. I think he's innocent myself, everything he's done screams it.

Oh wait....your right...the Eagles should avoid like a plague.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was just a reasonable case that he wouldn't be charged, you would think that there would be one of 32 teams who would have already signed him. Hard to believe that 32 teams are all turning their back on an innocent man. They gotta know more than we do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was just a reasonable case that he wouldn't be charged, you would think that there would be one of 32 teams who would have already signed him. Hard to believe that 32 teams are all turning their back on an innocent man. They gotta know more than we do.
Let me repeat..he didn't want to be part of the draft once this news went viral. Anyone drafting him would of got the cold shoulder.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat..he didn't want to be part of the draft once this news went viral. Anyone drafting him would of got the cold shoulder.

That is all silly nonsense. The teams know the rules inside and out and know that he has no other recourse.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...not really. It's more of a "why take the chance?"

Especially in the view of all the domestic issue the league dealt with last year. No one wants that kind of unnecessary trouble over a guard.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then. This agree to disagree.

I don't think there is really any vagueness on the draft rules here. They are very clear that Collins only has this one draft to deal with. He can't delay or re enter next year. Despite Collins agent noise, every single team fully understood this I am sure. To quote Kevin Bacon in "A few Good Men", "These are the facts, and they are undisputed".

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's bring this to the general board thread on him. I don't want to step on toes on team board. I only commented because I really interested in this situation and checked out a bunch of teams boards, it's a hot topic on all active boards. So I just wanted to invite everyone to debate this on the general board.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is really any vagueness on the draft rules here. They are very clear that Collins only has this one draft to deal with. He can't delay or re enter next year. Despite Collins agent noise, every single team fully understood this I am sure. To quote Kevin Bacon in "A few Good Men", "These are the facts, and they are undisputed".

Actually if he HAD been drafted this year he could've refused to sign and then he would've been eligible to re-enter the draft next year. Because he went undrafted, that option is closed to him and he can only signed as a free agent.

lpennington

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So presuming Collins is cleared to an extent that makes teams comfortable he will be able to pick his team. He's said he will sign with a winning team - so that doesn't eliminate us. Do you think he will come North to Philadelphia? He's from Baton Rouge so you know the Saints will have a shot. I don't know their O-line situation. I would think that as attractive as the Dallas area would be, the team itself would not offer the guaranteed playing time b/c their O-line is shored up IMO. What is the thought on the Eagles' chances of basically recruiting Collins?

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I hope the police catch whoever killed that young woman and her child. I know throughout the draft there were reports of teams trying to get more information from the police but all were rebuffed because its an active investigation. However, I do think if Collins was really a suspect he would have been brought in before today. All of the teams in the NFL made the decision to let situation play out before they would go after him. I would expect that all the teams will continue to do background checks on him. From all intensive purposes there has been no history of issues with Collins so this could very well just be a case of the police doing a thorough investigation which does mean talking to ex boyfriends to make sure there was no motivation there. If that is the case this should clear up for him quickly. Then its up to Le'll to pick where he wants to play. Teams will be capped on what they can spend. I do think the Eagles have a shot at him. He visited here before the draft, they could offer him the RG position on a winning team. That is if the Eagles are interested in him.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG day one, and heir apparent when Jason Peters retires....presumably at a comparable salary. Its sellable. Teams can't compete on money...it will all be about the same. Its comfort level and future opportunity.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we do have interest as stated above. The Saints are not really top contenders, and Dallas doesn't have a starting position available, so yes, we have a shot. the ball's in Chip's court.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to assume he had been provided bad advise by his agent and now he is stuck both with his place outside the draft and with a pending investigation. Bad deal all the way around but if it is resolved I would hope that Chippy Boy is 1st in line.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG day one, and heir apparent when Jason Peters retires....presumably at a comparable salary. Its sellable. Teams can't compete on money...it will all be about the same. Its comfort level and future opportunity.

RG this year, and RT after Peters is gone, and Lane Johnson moves over to LT. Make it happen Chip!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. Dallas OL just got even better as of today. They just got a steal. Damn I wished we took a gamble on this guy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to be tough... :hellno:

He'll probably start at guard for them over Ronald Leary. They will have the best offensive in football hands down now.