• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La'el Collins and the Fins' Oline

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Collins' ex girlfriend and the baby is a tragic story. On a much less significant note Collins' career had a big set back because of the murder. It's a scary scenario for the Fins or any team regarding signing him but what if he is really innocent? I think that if he continues to not be a suspect in the murder case then he deserves a chance on the Fins. I was surprised that he didn't leave for the NFL after his junior year. He was a highly rated talent then and he added to his skill set with another year at LT. He played a full year at OG as a sophomore. I watched some highlights of Jamil Douglas. He moves real well for his size and the Fins like agile zone blockers. There will be good competition for the open OG spot with the guys on the roster & Douglas. Turner appears to be the clear front runner for the other available OG spot. He's a strong player that plays with a mean streak which is good for an OG. The Fins may be fine with their current group but there is still uncertainty until the guys prove it on the field. Collins is about as proven of a player as can be found coming out of college. I think that he could step in right away and be a very good OG for the Fins.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree I'd love to have him pay top dollar if needed. For all we know she got mixed up in the wrong crowd after their breakup. Are people supposed to control their ex's life? Anyway I'm sure that the truth will come out. He can definitely be an asset as he can play G and back up T in case of injury. I'm ok with the amount of bodies here for competition but another one can't hurt !

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the LSU Fins are begging him to come to Miami...we'll see what happens.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have a comfort level playing with the guys that he knows from LSU on the Fins. Plus, he'd enjoy living in income tax free S. FL. He is from Baton Rouge so he is used to warm weather. Rex Ryan of the Bills and Collins had dinner last night. The Fins will have dinner with him tonight. Nearly every team has contacted Collins' agent.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Fins chances as I mentioned in the other thread...would be huge!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins will be getting a great player.
Agreed but it hasn't happened yet. I do like the fact that the players care enough to not only go see how he's doing but try to get him to join the team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but it hasn't happened yet. I do like the fact that the players care enough to not only go see how he's doing but try to get him to join the team.
If they cared about a player, would they not talk them up to the Patriots?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins and his agent have pretty much eliminated 20 of the 32 NFL teams. Collins will not sign with a team that's trying to build or rebuild, he wants to play on a winning team.

He had dinner with Rex Ryan Monday night and the Miami Dolphins sent a couple of players to Baton Rouge to attempt to convince him to sign with the Dolphins.

Reports this morning say that Bill Belichick called him and had a long conversation and then spoke with his agent.

It appears that he's starting to generate a lot of interest but if he really is serious about playing on a winning team I'd have to say that the Patriots might have the inside track. Teams can say that they've done this and they've done that, but Patriots have done it all.......year in and year out for the past 15 years, regardless of injuries, bad drafts and divisional competition.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc, players choose teams other than the Pats sometimes. Collins will make his own choice.
BigKen, you don't have to convince Dolphin fans that the Pats have been a winning organization. The Pats' past success does not guarantee their success this upcoming year or in future years.

Are you guys starting to worry that the Fins will sign him? It sure seems that way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly all good things must come to an end so why relegate himself to the blizzards of NE especially when they are starting the downward spiral. No one gives a shit about the past it's all about the future doesn't hurt that he has a few friends in Miami.