• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fins vs Ravens

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins will need to coach and play well to win this game. On the line is the #1 seed in the conference. The Fins need to keep winning to secure the first round bye.

The Fins had a good game last year offensively against the Ravens. The defense is better this year than last year. They have legit chance to win the game on the road.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a tough one to call. I think Dolphins match up well against them. I see Hill is listed as questionable, if he is 50/50 do you rest him to heal for the Buffalo game? Need to put LB spy on Lamar to limit run/scramble IMO. Ravens have average RB and WR's, he is the key. Time for the high dollar secondary to earn the pay so Fins can load the box and pressure.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a tough one to call. I think Dolphins match up well against them. I see Hill is listed as questionable, if he is 50/50 do you rest him to heal for the Buffalo game? Need to put LB spy on Lamar to limit run/scramble IMO. Ravens have average RB and WR's, he is the key. Time for the high dollar secondary to earn the pay so Fins can load the box and pressure.
Hill will probably play. He has shown a lot of toughness. He may have limited snaps though. TE Smythe has been playing well. He should get some opportunities against their defense. Wilson Jr. will make some plays too. Berrios hasn't been used much at WR this year but he's capable if the team needs him to. He's had reps at WR earlier this year. He's been doing a good job with kick returns but he's versatile when called upon.

Lamar finds open receivers. The Fins will have to be disciplined in their coverages. The Fins have generated a lot of pressure this year. One of the players that I expect to make an impact is AVG. It takes a team effort to tackle him. Lamar likes to duck under tacklers. He's elusive.

McDaniel made a good point. If the Fins aren't a physical team then how are they so good at running the ball and stopping the run. The Fins have fast skill players but the team can still play physical.

A few years ago the Fins got a lot of pressure on Lamar with blitzes. The Fins could mix in some of those to take Lamar out of his comfort zone.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised this game wasn't flexed to a national game, pretty much for the 1 seed in AFC.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised this game wasn't flexed to a national game, pretty much for the 1 seed in AFC.
I am very surprised about that too. As long as I get to see it. I am fine with any time they have the game scheduled.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we get a lot of Ravens games as it is where I live, we are thankfully getting it here, along with the awful looking matchup of the 49ers and Redskins.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very surprised about that too. As long as I get to see it. I am fine with any time they have the game scheduled.
If the colts are playing at same time then that's the game I get. Too cheap to buy NFL package

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE the injuries at WR including Waddle. There is a player that has made some clutch plays in the past; Cracraft. I am wondering if he will make a return.

Last year Waddle and Hill had huge games against the Ravens. Other players are going to need to step up to get the win.

The Ravens have injuries too. WR Flowers, Safety Hamilton, and Guard Zeitler didn't practice yesterday.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua Turntheballova has arrived. The Ravens on the verge of putting a stranglehold on the lead.

The better team - the team with the better QB, a real QB, looks poised to lock up the top seed and bye in the AFC.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua Turntheballova has arrived. The Ravens on the verge of putting a stranglehold on the lead.

The better team - the team with the better QB, a real QB, looks poised to lock up the top seed and bye in the AFC.
And I’m guessing that you’re not going to blame the awful defense one bit for the way things are going?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m guessing that you’re not going to blame the awful defense one bit for the way things are going?
The Dolphins defense wasn’t the one held to 19 points.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to figure out the reasoning why Chubb was still on the field. Total failure by McDaniel and Vic.

Per Rotowire, Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN.com reported after the Dolphins' 56-19 loss to the Ravens that there is concern among team officials that Chubb tore his ACL

Chubb sustained the knee injury on a non-contact play with three minutes left in the game. He was carted off the field and his season would be over if the reports are confirmed by an MRI. If Chubb's season is indeed done, Melvin Ingram and Cameron Goode are the leading candidates to start at weakside linebacker for Miami's season finale against Buffalo.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to figure out the reasoning why Chubb was still on the field. Total failure by McDaniel and Vic.

Happy New Year everyone! (Life isn't all about football)

Psaboy, it was a bad decision to not pull Chubb and other starters. Sometimes players have incentives in their contracts but as McDaniel has said, sometimes you have to protect players from themselves.

Congratulations Baltimore they deserved to win and also deserve the top seed and first round bye.

The Fins still can win the division and still can win at least one playoff game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Rotowire, Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN.com reported after the Dolphins' 56-19 loss to the Ravens that there is concern among team officials that Chubb tore his ACL

Chubb sustained the knee injury on a non-contact play with three minutes left in the game. He was carted off the field and his season would be over if the reports are confirmed by an MRI. If Chubb's season is indeed done, Melvin Ingram and Cameron Goode are the leading candidates to start at weakside linebacker for Miami's season finale against Buffalo.
Patriots exposed the Bills.
You got this.
Just win baby!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots exposed the Bills.
You got this.
Just win baby!
Hope that the injuries haven't piled up enough to where it's not enough to overcome them.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that the injuries haven't piled up enough to where it's not enough to overcome them.
Chris Grier and other personnel staff have built a roster with quality depth. The Fins have a chance if they play well.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Grier and other personnel staff have built a roster with quality depth. The Fins have a chance if they play well.
I hope you’re right. Just hope someone steps up and can try to be as disruptive as Chubb was.