• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scores don't show it though - the Scores shows that the game was straight up even until until the last shot. I hear this all of the time about teams, but if you lost by two points, then you was not the best team.

So you don't think coaching and play calling means anything.

I'm talking about the "players".

Duncan is top 10 player of all time and still in his prime, he beat father time
Parker is first ballot HOF
Ginobili is a HOF
Leonard is a top 10 player in the NBA aswell and even won the DPOY

Give the Clippers anyother coach and they would've lost in 5. Like give them Rick Carlisle and they lose in 4 even. rc is the type to not even play DeAndre Jordan because he's scared of the free throws. That's how most coaches in the NBA coach, "scared". but not Doc. Also someone like RC would never play the physical Big Davis. RC would start Hawes and play him 30 minutes then come in with some randon SF for the back up center.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul is better than Parker, but not when Parker is on his game
Green is a lot better than reddick, reddick is quikly becoming a very overrated player
Leonard is a ton better than barnes
Duncan is a ton better than Griffin, Offensively and 1000times better defensively
Jordan is a little better than Tiago

Ginobili, Mills, Bellineli, Baynes, Diaw are all a little better than the Clippers bench

dude- I love Duncan- and hes still a very very good player- but Blake Griffin is in his prime- was 3rd for the MVP of the entire league last year and went off in this series. Triple double man....

Im taking Griffin for the regular season or the playoffs at this point- and thats no slam to Duncan- it just shows how much i think of Griffin- a big time star in the middle of his prime.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude- I love Duncan- and hes still a very very good player- but Blake Griffin is in his prime- was 3rd for the MVP of the entire league last year and went off in this series. Triple double man....

Can't believe I'm typing this but.....^^^THIS 100%^^^

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny that Spurs/Spurs fans are that upset about the end of game shot clock issue but had no problem when their entire A\C unit suddenly decided to 'shutdown' vs Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny that Spurs/Spurs fans are that upset about the end of game shot clock issue but had no problem when their entire A\C unit suddenly decided to 'shutdown' vs Heat.

lol facts

But why would Pop run the same play twice? would you not change the play since the Clippers saw it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: Loved the AC going down last year. Lebron never would have lasted in Boston Garden in the 80's. Auerbach would have the AC off all series long and the locker room windows, which were left open in the winter, were suddenly painted shut in the summer.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Clippers they played great. Having said that the Spurs gave this one away. Had Griffin with 3 fouls early and never went after him, CP3 was out and they didn't exploit it. Manu was brutal in this series and it's time for him to retire. Danny Green was amazing in game 7 but it just wasn't enough the younger more hungry team went after it and got it. I hope they sweep the Rockets!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have the better players. Look at Duncan. Do the Clippers have someone that is "everytime" on both offense and defense.

that should be Duncan's nickname "Everytime".

The Spurs go about 10 deep with players

The Clippers about 8.

Chris Paul.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think coaching and play calling means anything.

I'm talking about the "players".

Duncan is top 10 player of all time and still in his prime, he beat father time
Parker is first ballot HOF
Ginobili is a HOF
Leonard is a top 10 player in the NBA aswell and even won the DPOY

Give the Clippers anyother coach and they would've lost in 5. Like give them Rick Carlisle and they lose in 4 even. rc is the type to not even play DeAndre Jordan because he's scared of the free throws. That's how most coaches in the NBA coach, "scared". but not Doc. Also someone like RC would never play the physical Big Davis. RC would start Hawes and play him 30 minutes then come in with some randon SF for the back up center.
I'm just saying that the team that lost cannot be the best team of the two. It took four wins out of seven for the Clippers to win and they did that. Coaching has a lot to do with it, but Poopovich is a good coach just as Rivers is a good coach. Poops will now have plenty of time to review his errors, but in the mean time the best team won

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that the team that lost cannot be the best team of the two. It took four wins out of seven for the Clippers to win and they did that. Coaching has a lot to do with it, but Poopovich is a good coach just as Rivers is a good coach. Poops will now have plenty of time to review his errors, but in the mean time the best team won
It was evenly matched up until the end, but I agree, the best team won.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was evenly matched up until the end, but I agree, the best team won.
I thought so too. The truth is that no one expected the Clippers to step up and come together and they did. They grew up and went to the semifinals. So now they should have a tough series against Houston, but I think they can beat Dwight Coward and Harden.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Clippers they played great. Having said that the Spurs gave this one away. Had Griffin with 3 fouls early and never went after him, CP3 was out and they didn't exploit it. Manu was brutal in this series and it's time for him to retire. Danny Green was amazing in game 7 but it just wasn't enough the younger more hungry team went after it and got it. I hope they sweep the Rockets!

Leonard really disappointed me in Game 6 and 7.

Damn shame that with a guy like Leonard on your team, you still need 39 year old Tim Duncan to carry the load on offense