• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kubel Designated for Assignment

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stomp your feet and clap your hands! All is right in the world!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just flat fell off a cliff this year. And, the D-Backs really did not get anything close to what they hoped from any of their OF guys this year. Hence, their struggling. They will just have to re-load for next year, and hope that Eaton and other youngsters can stay healthy & produce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stomp your feet and clap your hands! All is right in the world!!!

I know this makes them look so much worse for signing Kubel. Its basically a "we fucked up big time and we know it". But I love that they still did it.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just flat fell off a cliff this year. And, the D-Backs really did not get anything close to what they hoped from any of their OF guys this year. Hence, their struggling. They will just have to re-load for next year, and hope that Eaton and other youngsters can stay healthy & produce.

Kubel was an absolute waste of space! He was even mentioned as one of the twenty worst players, for this particular season, and was constantly given chance after chance! Gibby blindly turned away from the countless strikeouts and rally killing, double plays and continued to insert him into the lineup. This definitely hurt the diamondbacks this season! Good riddance if you ask me!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jjputzandKirkGibsoncelebrateDbacks92311phoenixGetty.jpg

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised. He just couldn't get healthy long enough to get significant playing time to hit his way out of his year long slump. That and he didn't fit in with style of play KT & Gibby want to play. Also having 5 MLB ready OF(s) on the 40 man roster didn't help his playing time either.

I doubt we get anything for him.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this makes them look so much worse for signing Kubel. Its basically a "we fucked up big time and we know it". But I love that they still did it.

You are absolutely right! At least towers can man up to one of his mistakes!

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are absolutely right! At least towers can man up to one of his mistakes!

I wouldn't say hitting 30 HR(s) in the first year of a two year contract, was a bad signing. He produced in 2012 & didn't in 2013. He also didn't fit in with current style of play the team changed to half way through his contract.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say hitting 30 HR(s) in the first year of a two year contract, was a bad signing. He produced in 2012 & didn't in 2013. He also didn't fit in with current style of play the team changed to half way through his contract.

30 homers was fools gold. Yes it looked nice and definitely saved our asses in a couple of games last season but his statistics gradually declined as the year went on. He was practically the only outfielder that was producing last season which was why he was always in the lineup. We now have guys who were expected to contribute actually helping the team and kubel is no longer "the man" in the outfield. Yes his accomplishments are nice but you need to factor cost over production for two seasons now, not just one. Those make him an average player at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 homers was fools gold. Yes it looked nice and definitely saved our asses in a couple of games last season but his statistics gradually declined as the year went on. He was practically the only outfielder that was producing last season which was why he was always in the lineup. We now have guys who were expected to contribute actually helping the team and kubel is no longer "the man" in the outfield. Yes his accomplishments are nice but you need to factor cost over production for two seasons now, not just one. Those make him and average player at best.

I agree with the basic premise but disagree that his signing was a "mistake". He was a fairly cheap short term signing that allowed our OF prospects to get another year of seasoning while he produced. He is also indirectly responsible for both CY & Upton being traded. We all knew when he was signed to his contract that he would not be having his option picked up. Basically, he was a bridge to the next generation of OF(s) for the Diamondbacks.

His time was over once Eaton was healthy. The Dbacks just couldn't find any teams to take a bite & recoup some value for him. That is why he remained on the team as long as he did.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the basic premise but disagree that his signing was a "mistake". He was a fairly cheap short term signing that allowed our OF prospects to get another year of seasoning while he produced. He is also indirectly responsible for both CY & Upton being traded. We all knew when he was signed to his contract that he would not be having his option picked up. Basically, he was a bridge to the next generation of OF(s) for the Diamondbacks.

His time was over once Eaton was healthy. The Dbacks just couldn't find any teams to take a bite & recoup some value for him. That is why he remained on the team as long as he did.

Definitely. We are on the same page! :agree:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I feel like we could have gotten something for him but whatever.