• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trey Lance for a 4th

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niners traded 3 number 1's for Lance and Dallas has dropped two consecutive playoff games. All the general board wants to post is Dallas messed up.

the niners are a storied franchise with a rich history and yet...LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niners traded 3 number 1's for Lance and Dallas has dropped two consecutive playoff games. All the general board wants to post is Dallas messed up.

I heard a guy make a fantastic point earlier. The Cowboys wanted to draft a QB this year, but a couple of guys they liked, including the O'Connell kid who went to the Raiders, went a half round before they were going to take them. So in next year's draft, if they used the 4th round pick on a talented 23 year old with a high ceiling that they had a 2nd round grade on...how is that not a good pick? All we did is get that 4th round QB here a year early. It boggles my mind how anyone can see this as a bad deal for the Cowboys. Must be folks looking for clicks. The Niners used 3 first rounders plus for this kid lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They traded what will likely be a low 4th round pick for Potential. If this were reversed it would be the Cowboys wasted two first rounders and it was a great move by the Niners. Just a ton of Cowboys haters out there

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a guy make a fantastic point earlier. The Cowboys wanted to draft a QB this year, but a couple of guys they liked, including the O'Connell kid who went to the Raiders, went a half round before they were going to take them. So in next year's draft, if they used the 4th round pick on a talented 23 year old with a high ceiling that they had a 2nd round grade on...how is that not a good pick? All we did is get that 4th round QB here a year early. It boggles my mind how anyone can see this as a bad deal for the Cowboys. Must be folks looking for clicks. The Niners used 3 first rounders plus for this kid lol
I don't like the trade because I don't think Lance isva NFL QB, But reading that they wanted a QB but kept missing out, I can say OK to the trade

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the trade because I don't think Lance isva NFL QB, But reading that they wanted a QB but kept missing out, I can say OK to the trade
Time will tell. I not hating on the trade,but not exactly doing cartwheels over this either. What I don't like is they hurt the Depth we had at Qb for this season. Grier looked ready to come in and be able to help if Dak gets hurt. Now all we got is Rush. Lance IMO is a project and may not be ready to contribute until next season if he ever does.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree, Grier is a journey man's QB while Lance has all the measurables. The niners did him no favors, his feet when throwing the football are a mess. What is it, 500 passes in like the last six years?

so not Dallas like, I love it for a 4th

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats how I look at it.
we were gonna spend a 3rd or 4th on a pick for a back up QB. Might as well kick the tires of a top 5 pick. See what is what. If it dont work out. No big deal. If it does. Well played.
the good news is. Lance has very little exp. pros or college. So while I agree with you. Dont think he is gonna turn out. Plenty of unknown to hope he does. He has plenty of room for improvement.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the 49ers last SB win was 1995...a year longer than ours...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years now for sure.

Till death do us part, and I sure hope Jerry goes first so I can see one more championship.
What if part of the deal wtdevil is he goes day after you?

I hope that clause ain't there, but what if?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 4th rd qb we took turn out to be pretty good imo. So far no downside for this trade. Cool if he turns out to be worth 3 1st rounders in a few years.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IMO was a simple possible high reward/ low risk trade. If it had been anybody but the Cowboys this would be shouted from the mountaintop as genius. Let’s say Andy Reid did this in KC to develop and flip or Belichick in NE or Payton in Denver as maybe the next QB of the future they would be looked at as genius! But because it was Jerry and the Boys it’s considered controversial. Always remember guys the Cowboys are 50/50 lovem or hatem they bring in the clicks and eyes no matter what so the writers write articles as such the TV Celeste say as much not necessarily because they believe it they have kids to feed homes to pay for and car payments just like all of us.
JMHO

Mat 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great move. He isn't here to take Dak's job or even push Dak. Dak might be the league MVP this year and Lance is a #3. But Lance is 23 years old with a world of talent. Why not spend 2-3 years developing him and see what you have? Looks like that strategy might be working out in Green Bay with Jordan Love
I agree 100%!