• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trey Lance for a 4th

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones said he didn’t give a heads up to neither Dak nor McCarthy. Not a good look. Then to say “yea we should’ve drafted Jalen Hurts that’s my bad.” Just more media drama for the Cowboys.

Idk if y’all saw Dak’s presser, he seemed pretty upset about the move. He knows the writing is on the wall. Jerry traded for Lance to eventually be Dak’s successor not some journeyman backup QB.
Jerry's gonna continue to be upset then. If Lance can elevate his game. He can hope to become a Journeyman Back up.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 year old top end talent for a 4th and 6m over two years.

looks ok to me.
Dallas being aggressive is something many wanted.

I think NE had them in their sights and settled for Jones when all else failed. Getting hurt as he did after a lukewarmish debut didn't help him and having Montana "Light" Purdy made him extra.

For sure worth a shot for a 4th.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's gonna continue to be upset then. If Lance can elevate his game. He can hope to become a Journeyman Back up.
The thinking is he can be developed in the same way Romo was. He was just as raw coming in maybe more so than Lance is.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones said he didn’t give a heads up to neither Dak nor McCarthy. Not a good look. Then to say “yea we should’ve drafted Jalen Hurts that’s my bad.” Just more media drama for the Cowboys.

Idk if y’all saw Dak’s presser, he seemed pretty upset about the move. He knows the writing is on the wall. Jerry traded for Lance to eventually be Dak’s successor not some journeyman backup QB.
I'm sure Romo wasn't happy when Dak took his job as a rookie. It's the nature of the game.
That said, I don't think Jerry believes Lance will be replacing Dak anytime soon. And I don't believe not telling McCarthy or Dak was a slight. From what I read, there were 4 teams involved, and Lynch told Jerry to give him his best offer because he wasn't waiting for the back 9. Jerry coughed up the 4 and got it done

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I think some of the stupid shit starts. Dak WAS upset. He was upset for Will Grier, not because he thinks he is going to lose his job to a guy who SF had no use for after one of the biggest trade ups in history.

“I understand that it’s business and I understand that they’re probably on a timeline, and they need to get something done. Like [Jones] said, he felt like it strengthens this team. Yeah, as I said, ready to welcome [Lance]. We know the strength of the quarterback room that we have. Honestly, my heart and my mind is with Will.”

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you draft a "Franchise Quarterback" instead of making them earn the spot. We have it in Chicago. We had a good plan, have Dalton and Foles in place so the kid can just watch, but instead, he is in the games almost immediately and his development is in the toilet waiting for his 40-50 million dollar payday.

I dont think Prescott has much to worry about, Lance could not beat out 2 worse guys after he was handed the job.

The sad part is we dont get to see a nobody in Dallas anymore, I think the only guy to throw for 300 yards this preseason.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a great move by Dallas. Anytime a team is in it to win games and the roster is in place should invest in a back up QB. If Dak gets hurt and misses 2-3 games that could be the difference of making the playoffs. Also if Lance turns out to be servicable if Dak gets hurt then the Cowboys could move on from him as he would be like 33 and Lance would be 25 in which he would sign for a bargain that would benefits Dallas. Worse case Dallas just wasted a 4th round pick which is better than 3 1sts like San Fran.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You maybe right about Dak and all but trey was the #4 in Frisco going into the year. He is going to need to be developed before I start calling for him to come in. I would like to see what he can do at the end of season in mop up type duties. I would like to see his arm.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a great move by Dallas. Anytime a team is in it to win games and the roster is in place should invest in a back up QB. If Dak gets hurt and misses 2-3 games that could be the difference of making the playoffs. Also if Lance turns out to be servicable if Dak gets hurt then the Cowboys could move on from him as he would be like 33 and Lance would be 25 in which he would sign for a bargain that would benefits Dallas. Worse case Dallas just wasted a 4th round pick which is better than 3 1sts like San Fran.
Exactly. We should have been trying to develop QB's all along. Cooper Rush proved to be an adequate "game manager" but he can't start for any team and never will. Lance isn't a starter, but I'm a couple of years, he might be

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion this is Jerrys dream type player. He has always wanted a dual threat QB. I remember he thought he had it with Quincy Carter. He loved him some Isaih Stanback. We all know his infatuation with Manzell. Now he comes out and says he would have drafted Hurts. It would not surprise me if he is clamoring for a red zone package featuring Lance at some point.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You maybe right about Dak and all but trey was the #4 in Frisco going into the year. He is going to need to be developed before I start calling for him to come in. I would like to see what he can do at the end of season in mop up type duties. I would like to see his arm.
He has the arm.. I watched his pre season plays on YouTube. . He was playing behind a trash 3rd string OL. He made some throws that were long throws and that were high velocity dimes. He also made some bad throws. Then he was throwing balls to non NFL talent wide outs and they dropped them. He has potential. But obviously no guarantees. He is no threat to Dak currently.

But this trade could be rewarding in 3 years if he pans out. I assume they will give Lance this season to get comfortable.

The down side of this is Grier now is gone and I liked him. I get that Rush went 4-1 last year,but that was more the defense winning those games than Rush

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the arm.. I watched his pre season plays on YouTube. . He was playing behind a trash 3rd string OL. He made some throws that were long throws and that were high velocity dimes. He also made some bad throws. Then he was throwing balls to non NFL talent wide outs and they dropped them. He has potential. But obviously no guarantees. He is no threat to Dak currently.

But this trade could be rewarding in 3 years if he pans out. I assume they will give Lance this season to get comfortable.

The down side of this is Grier now is gone and I liked him. I get that Rush went 4-1 last year,but that was more the defense winning those games than Rush
On a side note, I would be rooting for Rush to stay with all I have if my son would have ended up at Central Michigan. He is going to eastern mich instead. That is only 45 minutes away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest problem remains these two idiots...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jones Boys
i forget about stephen only because I tènd to think he really gets to do something when told. I still think the daughter is the best pick to run this team when jerry kicks off....but Stephen needed the job

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forget about stephen only because I tènd to think he really gets to do something when told. I still think the daughter is the best pick to run this team when jerry kicks off....but Stephen needed the job
My hopes are on the College QB but I suspect he's been coddled and led to believe he knows it all as well...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte could run rings around Stephen she is smart business wise. Now salesman goes to Jerry hands down from what little I know. Someday maybe we get a GM when Jerry is gone but I’m not betting my retirement on it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte could run rings around Stephen she is smart business wise. Now salesman goes to Jerry hands down from what little I know. Someday maybe we get a GM when Jerry is gone but I’m not betting my retirement on it.
10 years now for sure.

Till death do us part, and I sure hope Jerry goes first so I can see one more championship.