• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe calls NBA "finesse"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious. When it comes to crying, Kobe is one of the biggest cry babies in the league. Calling the league finesse when you flair your arms in the air after every non-call or air punch at the refs because you didn't get a call

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTYPrV4qxE]Kobe flopping on top of floppin...smh lol begging for a fou - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHv9CYCGglQ]Kobe Flops Too. Everyone Flops. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHcNOKdegQ]Kobe being (whiny) Kobe - YouTube[/ame]

kobe loves contact! He never flops!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious. When it comes to crying, Kobe is one of the biggest cry babies in the league. Calling the league finesse when you flair your arms in the air after every non-call or air punch at the refs because you didn't get a call

Bitching to the referees about calls has nothing to do with the lack of physicality allowed anymore in the NBA. Failed attempt at bashing Kobe fool.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay not a great analogy, but you know exactly what I mean. You can't deny that NBA players are playing softer on defense to avoid flops and foul calls. Perhaps players in the past did use their physicality to better keep their man in front of them, but what's wrong with that? Last time I checked no one complains when LeBron drops his shoulder into people on offense. Physicality is very entertaining.

If you're a below average defender, why should you be allowed to hand check and get physical? How about get better at playing cleaner D?

Why would people complain? If the D-man can get to the spot when the player is driving, take the charge. If you can't get there, either stay out the way or purposely commit the foul.

Some physical play is entertaining, but not to the extreme. It's not about who the toughest player is and who can endure more pain from the pounding you're taking.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitching to the referees about calls has nothing to do with the lack of physicality allowed anymore in the NBA. Failed attempt at bashing Kobe fool.

but it is so fucking annoying, I would rather my players flop than bitch to the refs rather than run in transition. Bitching just keeps them out of the next play and at least flopping is helping them win.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it is so fucking annoying, I would rather my players flop than bitch to the refs rather than run in transition. Bitching just keeps them out of the next play and at least flopping is helping them win.

Your boy Lebron does both.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your boy Lebron does both.

oh I know, I am not in love with flopping but I HATE HATE HATE the bitching to the refs so much more. Your team needs you in transition but you stand at the other end bitching about a call that won't change? Just go play the fucking game.

His flopping is much less now though, his bitching is at his all time normally high level though.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what he said makes sense. Great players would be great players in any era under any rules. However, with no hand-checking, it's pretty easy these days for anyone to get to hole. Add in the restricted arc under the basket, and things are even easier for the offensive player.

You're correct, but the rule change was made almost 10yrs ago. Kobe's making it sound as if it was done just a few years ago.

Plus.... his game and others were helped a lot with these rules implemented in 1999-00.

In the backcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders. In the frontcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders except below the free throw line extended in which case the defender may only use his forearm.

In the post, neither the offensive player nor the defender is allowed to dislodge or displace a player who has legally obtained a position. Defender may not use his forearm, shoulder, hip or hand to reroute or hold-up an offensive player going from point A to point B or one who is attempting to come around a legal screen set by another offensive player. Slowing or impeding the progress of the screener by grabbing, clutching, holding “chucking” or “wrapping up” is prohibited.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It must really sucks for you, because Lebron does both a lot.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must really sucks for you, because Lebron does both a lot.

Yes, my life is miserable because my favorite player bitches to refs and used to flop. :rollseyes:

I take solace in him still being the greatest player playing today, his 4 MVPs in 5 years and the 2 rings his team just won in the last 2 years and the fact that most stars for the last 30 years (probably longer) have bitched and flopped just as much. My issue is more with the diva mentality of professional athletes more than with LBJ doing it. I am not annoyed with them because I do not root for them.