• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant, torn rotator cuff

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they didn't build their clubs solely on the draft. Both made trades for significant pieces. Millsap signed as a free agent. The "Logo model" includes free agents and trades.

He's building them essentially the same way he did the Lakers. Drafts, FA's and trades. Both Mitch and Jim learned under the Logo and they're trying to do the same thing that he did.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many trades and FAs, lakersule, not many. And that was my point that piggybacked Hubie Brown's on Sunday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also did the same thing in Memphis TJF12. That club still has much of what the Logo built intact. They are getting older but they have been a very good club since the Logo re-constructed and built that club.

Afterall, the Logo engineered the trade that brought Kobe to the Lakers and several other excellent draft picks. He basically put together the primary core of the team that went on under Phil to win three championships and if I am correct, orchestrated bring Paul Gasol to the Lakers for his brother Marc whom he later built Memphis around when he left the Lakers.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many trades and FAs, lakersule, not many. And that was my point that piggybacked Hubie Brown's on Sunday.

There may not be many trades available, but you need to look at the list of FA's coming up over the next couple of seasons if you think there aren't many available. This upcoming FA class in much better than this past one and the one for 2016 is looking to be even bigger. According to most experts, the Lakers are bound to get at least a couple of good one's over the next couple of seasons.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Monroe and Deandre Jordon who could literally walk across the hall come to mind. The Lakers are definitely going after a true center and guard help.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also did the same thing in Memphis TJF12. That club still has much of what the Logo built intact. They are getting older but they have been a very good club since the Logo re-constructed and built that club.

Afterall, the Logo engineered the trade that brought Kobe to the Lakers and several other excellent draft picks. He basically put together the primary core of the team that went on under Phil to win three championships and if I am correct, orchestrated bring Paul Gasol to the Lakers for his brother Marc whom he later built Memphis around when he left the Lakers.

Exactly, it's about drafts, FA's and a trade or 2 and that's what the Lakers are attempting to do now. Think about it, just this past off-season, people were mocking the Lakers for their lack of draft picks. Now, they could have as many as 4, with one of them being a top 5 pick.

I could see the Lakers either using all 4 picks or packaging 1 or 2 them with a player for another first round pick or a player. They will have $30 million+ in cap space this off-season to use for an FA or 2 and even more in 2016 when Kobe's contract comes off the books.

While I respect Hubie Brown, he's thinking like a small market team, which with the exception of 5 years with the Knicks in the 80's, is all that he's ever coached.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what the Lakers do with the picks. Pretty sure they'll retain that top five pick and kick the can down the road for Phoenix to receive the compensation for the Nash deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Monroe and Deandre Jordon who could literally walk across the hall come to mind. The Lakers are definitely going after a true center and guard help.

I agree. How they do it will be interesting. Assuming they get a top 5 pick, depending on who's available, I could see them going after Okafor or Cauley-Stein and then looking to land a guard in FA (Kobe wants Rondo real bad, although I'm not sure that's who the Lakers will go after) or I could see them drafting Mudiay and looking to get a big in FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what the Lakers do with the picks. Pretty sure they'll retain that top five pick and kick the can down the road for Phoenix to receive the compensation for the Nash deal.

Yep, best case scenario is that the Lakers end up with a top 5 pick, land a good FA or 2 and the pick they have to send to Phoenix becomes a late first rounder.:suds:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But significant ones, which is the point. A championship caliber team isn't formed simply using draft picks. He traded for Kobe and signed Shaq as a FA. Horry and Fox weren't drafted by the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it would be not-so-good for the Lakers to let Kobe decide on Rondo. Kobe is definitely on the way out and Rondo is on the downside of his career or walking through that door. No, we need to continue on with the Logo model and get young guys even in our FA deals. I like the Okafor and Mudiay kids. Deandre Jordon and Monroe too. At guard, Cauley-Stein is a great pick as well.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it would be not-so-good for the Lakers to let Kobe decide on Rondo. Kobe is definitely on the way out and Rondo is on the downside of his career or walking through that door. No, we need to continue on with the Logo model and get young guys even in our FA deals. I like the Okafor and Mudiay kids. Deandre Jordon and Monroe too. At guard, Cauley-Stein is a great pick as well.

:agree:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing is first and right now the Lakers have to make sure they lose the rest of their games and get that first round draft pick in the top five. Only then can they start building for the future. The good news is that both Kobe's vision and the vision of the front office are both compatible. The Lakers can rebuild this summer that puts them back into the playoffs and have a shot at a championship without sacrificing their future(after Kobe retires). I have my doubts about it happening that quickly - but it is possible

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing is first and right now the Lakers have to make sure they lose the rest of their games and get that first round draft pick in the top five. Only then can they start building for the future. The good news is that both Kobe's vision and the vision of the front office are both compatible. The Lakers can rebuild this summer that puts them back into the playoffs and have a shot at a championship without sacrificing their future(after Kobe retires). I have my doubts about it happening that quickly - but it is possible

Yeah, from everything that I've read and heard, the Lakers have pretty well moved on from trying to put a team together that will get Kobe one last championship and Kobe seems to have made his peace with that.

It seems that the attitude is now, we're looking for young guys and if they develop and mesh quickly enough for that to happen, great. But they aren't going to sacrifice the next 5+ years to chase a title for him next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has one more year and he'll be done and the Lakers will continue to move in the direction of full on rebuild mode.