• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant, torn rotator cuff

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this being a negative thread what so ever, I see it as a true fact. Some of you guys just won't admit that this franchise is in shambles and has been since the Mavericks series in which I predicted it would be. I wish CBSsportsline.com was still in tact so I could refer you to the threads that support my statements. When the Lakers get back to being an elite franchise, I will comment appropriately, but they are a long way from it thanks to poor decision making by our current ownership and front office, period!

This makes you sound like a loser, just saying.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the Kobe deal too much money? Sure it was...but there was a point in the off season in which the Lakers could of gone after Eric Bledsoe and Lance Stephenson. Instead, they chose to pack it in when Lebron and Melo chose other teams.
This is a collective effort in what has happened over the years, not just on one player. They'll likely keep the pick this year, Randle will come back, and we'll talk with future FA's over time. This is gonna be a long process, so stay on, or jump ship to another team.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and lakersrule, do your research before shooting off at the trap. I hated the Steve Nash deal!!!!!

Read my post. I said feel free to bitch about it now if you bitched about then. You think I'm going to research the non-existent CBS message boards to see what you said back then? I don't think so. Fact is, most liked the trade. Congratulations, you were one of the few who didn't.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the Kobe deal too much money? Sure it was...but there was a point in the off season in which the Lakers could of gone after Eric Bledsoe and Lance Stephenson. Instead, they chose to pack it in when Lebron and Melo chose other teams.
This is a collective effort in what has happened over the years, not just on one player. They'll likely keep the pick this year, Randle will come back, and we'll talk with future FA's over time. This is gonna be a long process, so stay on, or jump ship to another team.

What up Kold :suds:

It's going to be process. They tried the quick reload to stay a contender. Some bad luck and poor decisions leant to things not working out. It happens. I'm a patient person and will never jump this ship. TEB I'm not too sure.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to be process. They tried the quick reload to stay a contender. Some bad luck and poor decisions leant to things not working out. It happens. I'm a patient person and will never jump this ship. TEB I'm not too sure.
Sup LRule, and yeah, we're at the point where its just other teams' time. All these young teams have taken over, and the Lakers/Celtics have to go through the process of building step by step.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire already, you are holding this franchise up from rebuilding due to your outrageous salary!!!!!

:L

:lame:

They will have enough for a max player next summer and a 10-12 million per year player plus being able to sign their own free agents.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No point in overpaying guys like Bledsoe/Stephenson when, at best, they'd put the Lakers in perpetual 6-8 seed hell. I'd rather they go ahead and suck another season or 2 and use the cap space to bag a couple of elephants. They are developing some nice complimentary pieces who can be productive with a couple of top FA's to lead the way.

Been a Lakers fan for 44+ years, this is not the first re-build I've seen them go through and it won't be the last. Just makes all of the championships in between even sweeter.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, i'm down for the long term, too...:suds:

Agree with the guys who looked at the "reload" and simply saw it as a case of shit happening a bunch of times. Oh well, it is what it is...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, i'm down for the long term, too...:suds:

Agree with the guys who looked at the "reload" and simply saw it as a case of shit happening a bunch of times. Oh well, it is what it is...

All things considered, we as Lakers fans, have been unbelievably fortunate. We are fans of a team that has ALWAYS been able to pull off whatever is necessary to get the team back in contention, if not always back on top.

From getting Wilt, to Kareem, to making the deals that turned into Magic Johnson and James Worthy, to getting Shaq and making the draft day trade for Kobe, to getting Pau Gasol, things have ALWAYS worked out for the Lakers. Heck, even smaller deals/draft picks like trading Norm Nixon for Byron Scott, drafting Michael Cooper and Derek Fisher or bringing in the artist formerly known as Ron Artest have all worked out. This is why I find it difficult to have much patience with the few "nattering naybobs of negativity" on here.

The law of averages dictates that to continue with that constant good fortune and smart FO moves always working in the Lakers favor, is impossible. Sooner or later, things had to catch up. Hence the CP3 trade veto and the Dwight/Nash deal not working out like everyone thought it would and now Kobe dealing with his 3rd season ending injury in a row.

Now, they are having to overcome those things. It will take a little time, but it's the Lakers and throughout their history they have never given us reason to not believe they will get things turned around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this being a negative thread what so ever, I see it as a true fact. Some of you guys just won't admit that this franchise is in shambles and has been since the Mavericks series in which I predicted it would be. I wish CBSsportsline.com was still in tact so I could refer you to the threads that support my statements. When the Lakers get back to being an elite franchise, I will comment appropriately, but they are a long way from it thanks to poor decision making by our current ownership and front office, period!

A long way from it? You realize they can afford a max free agent this offseason and a 10-12 million per season guy and then sign their own free agents, right?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long way from it? You realize they can afford a max free agent this offseason and a 10-12 million per season guy and then sign their own free agents, right?

They'll probably overpay for Love when he opts out this summer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably overpay for Love when he opts out this summer.

It's hard to say what Love is worth at this point. His numbers in Minnesota seem to indicate that he's worth a max deal, but his difficulty in adjusting to being a #2 or #3 on a good team after being the #1 on a bad team, have me questioning whether or not he is worth a max deal after all.

Fortunately, we have the rest of the season to watch and find out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. This downturn reminds me of the early 70's when we had multiple losing seasons until we traded for Kareem and then got Magic. It'll be a couple years usually five to six but the Buss family with Jeannie around will figure things out.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. This downturn reminds me of the early 70's when we had multiple losing seasons until we traded for Kareem and then got Magic. It'll be a couple years usually five to six but the Buss family with Jeannie around will figure things out.

Exactly, Retro, which is why I can't understand people jumping ship after only 2 down years. It took us 4 to 5 after Shaq left to get back on top.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that defines bandwagon fans Outlaw. The Lifers like yourself have a slightly different set of characteristics not found with bandwagoners. In some respects, the understanding between the two groups is that simple.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say what Love is worth at this point. His numbers in Minnesota seem to indicate that he's worth a max deal, but his difficulty in adjusting to being a #2 or #3 on a good team after being the #1 on a bad team, have me questioning whether or not he is worth a max deal after all.

Fortunately, we have the rest of the season to watch and find out.

EXACTLY why i'm hoping the Lakers DON'T overpay to get him...if indeed that's the direction they go...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been a Laker fan since the Kareem trade as a little boy. I have been with them thru the highs and lows. We will be back. We always come back. What can I say. I was a front running kid, but still have the same teams 40 years later.