• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins Wins NFC Offensive Player Of The Month

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my ... I almost care ..i got my point across .. you guys are 1 and done

You might be right on that. Too bad you aren't correct on the substantive point. You, of course, could direct your comments about our "week" division to those that voted on the award. While you're at it, you can also take issue with the fact that Cousins was also awarded NFC Offensive Player of the "Weak" on other occasions as well.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right on that. Too bad you aren't correct on the substantive point. You, of course, could direct your comments about our "week" division to those that voted on the award. While you're at it, you can also take issue with the fact that Cousins was also awarded NFC Offensive Player of the "Weak" on other occasions as well.
when he is consistant against really good teams come talk to us
(there I misspelled a word and left out some punctuation so you have a good come back)

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he is consistant against really good teams come talk to us
(there I misspelled a word and left out some punctuation so you have a good come back)

My point was about an award he received for his play this past month. Most Redskins fans know he needs to beat better teams and to continue his string of recent successful games. Having said that, despite the fact that he's played some iffy teams, he's routed them and put up huge numbers by the third quarter, if not, earlier in those games. That's part of the calculus those awarding him this honor took into consideration. How many other QBs could've put up those numbers against those teams, some of whom actually had pretty decent defenses?

In any case, and getting back to the point, I just wanted to congratulate him for a well-deserved award for what he did this past month.

Hope you and other Stealer fans understand that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is definitely one of the big surprises for me. He played well this season.

He was the guy I was hoping the Seahawks drafted in 2012. But I'm pretty happy with who we got.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is definitely one of the big surprises for me. He played well this season.

He was the guy I was hoping the Seahawks drafted in 2012. But I'm pretty happy with who we got.

Cuz will have to continue his play to show he can consistently be a good QB. I have confidence he will. But the huge upshot for him here is that he did this in a contract year and in a year where there's a pittance of options for QBs in the FA market and the draft. He thus will get paid handsomely. So too will Sam Bradford, who is really nothing more than pedestrian, but whose talents eclipse those of many teams in need of a QB.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was about an award he received for his play this past month. Most Redskins fans know he needs to beat better teams and to continue his string of recent successful games. Having said that, despite the fact that he's played some iffy teams, he's routed them and put up huge numbers by the third quarter, if not, earlier in those games. That's part of the calculus those awarding him this honor took into consideration. How many other QBs could've put up those numbers against those teams, some of whom actually had pretty decent defenses?

In any case, and getting back to the point, I just wanted to congratulate him for a well-deserved award for what he did this past month.

Hope you and other Stealer fans understand that.
golf-clap.gif

put all of the blame on me not the other steeler fans

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz will have to continue his play to show he can consistently be a good QB. I have confidence he will. But the huge upshot for him here is that he did this in a contract year and in a year where there's a pittance of options for QBs in the FA market and the draft. He thus will get paid handsomely. So too will Sam Bradford, who is really nothing more than pedestrian, but whose talents eclipse those of many teams in need of a QB.

Cousins last five games are insanely good stat wise. Completion percent is off the chart. QB rating is killer. He's as hot as any QB playing right now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also the current favorite for 2016 MVP. Heard that somewhere.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins last five games are insanely good stat wise. Completion percent is off the chart. QB rating is killer. He's as hot as any QB playing right now.
He got those numbers versus weak competition.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what I was saying ..but nobody believes me

They weren't all weak competition. During the past month, he played pass defenses ranking 4th (Chicago), 19th (Buffalo), 28th (Philadelphia), and 5th (Dallas). And however you may want to characterize the competition he faced, he put up gaudy stats against most of this competition relatively early in the game and then took his foot off the gas. For instance, in the Buffalo game, he was up 28-3 (with three TD passes) mid-way into the third quarter when the Redskins pulled back. If Gruden and McVay asked him to stick with their gameplan a little longer in each of those games, his numbers would've been larger than they appear now.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what I was saying ..but nobody believes me

Maybe so but they are still NFL teams aren't they? It's not like other QB's have played better against those same weak teams. Gotta give credit where it's due, and KC has playing really good.