• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins is the weirdest QB ever

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, it's insane how different the guy can be from week to week. Obviously the specific opponents matters a lot too, but I won't get into it too much. One week the guy could struggle to complete 10 passes while relying on the rushing game to bail them out, then another week he could throw for 300+ yards with 3 TD's and 0 INT's while his top receiver is out.

It's easy to say he beats up on bad defenses and wins meaningless games, but even that isn't always true. The dude has led the team to a few comeback winning drives like the one against Carolina and did well in a road playoff win against the Saints where the Vikings were widely considered underdogs destined to lose that game.

I just wish this dude could show up with his A game a little more often, because he seems top 5-ish when he does. However, the inconsistencies make it arguable that he's not even top 10 much of the time. But alas, such is the life of being a Vikings fan, always hoping for that elusive franchise QB to come along...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has always been the exact same guy.

A QB who is very effective when you can protect him. And a QB who is flat out awful when you can't protect him.

The inconsistencies are based on the OL their their ability and inability to protect Cousins. Cousins does worst against better teams because better teams typically have better DL's that get more pressure.

The Vikes aren't making the playoffs this year. They are going to feel great pressure to fix a broken defense first. But the fact of the matter is that you can win with complete shit defense (look at Seattle). They really should continue to build the OL in front of Cousins. But I know they won't. Spielman will once again make a token pick in the 4th or 5th round on a guard who "should compete" but won't because Spielman cant diagnose talent on the OL and we will once again be stuck with one of the worst interior OL's in the league.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has always been the exact same guy.

A QB who is very effective when you can protect him. And a QB who is flat out awful when you can't protect him.

The inconsistencies are based on the OL their their ability and inability to protect Cousins. Cousins does worst against better teams because better teams typically have better DL's that get more pressure.

The Vikes aren't making the playoffs this year. They are going to feel great pressure to fix a broken defense first. But the fact of the matter is that you can win with complete shit defense (look at Seattle). They really should continue to build the OL in front of Cousins. But I know they won't. Spielman will once again make a token pick in the 4th or 5th round on a guard who "should compete" but won't because Spielman cant diagnose talent on the OL and we will once again be stuck with one of the worst interior OL's in the league.

You're right. I'd rather not have a crappy defense, but offense should be the priority, specifically O-line. They've got their play makers for Cousins in Thielen, Jefferson, Cook, etc. If they could just get some consistently average O-line play, they could compete with anyone, even with the suspect defense.

This is my exact issue with Zimmer and Spielman, though. The answer to quickly making this team competative is staring them in the face (improve the O-line, wait for key defensive guys to return in 2021 and keep developing the current young guys on defense). Honestly, their first 5 picks should be all offense, with two between 1-3 going to the O-line. The only exceptions should be if a ridiculous value of a defensive guy falls into their laps with a pick. But of course, we know they won't do what they should.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I'd rather not have a crappy defense, but offense should be the priority, specifically O-line. They've got their play makers for Cousins in Thielen, Jefferson, Cook, etc. If they could just get some consistently average O-line play, they could compete with anyone, even with the suspect defense.

This is my exact issue with Zimmer and Spielman, though. The answer to quickly making this team competative is staring them in the face (improve the O-line, wait for key defensive guys to return in 2021 and keep developing the current young guys on defense). Honestly, their first 5 picks should be all offense, with two between 1-3 going to the O-line. The only exceptions should be if a ridiculous value of a defensive guy falls into their laps with a pick. But of course, we know they won't do what they should.
I am never gonna complain if my team drafts in the trenches. Thats the road to the superbowl. However unless you are implying they use all of the 1st 5 picks on the OL, dont see why you want all 5 on the offense.
You guys have a great receiving core. got TEs, got RBs.
OL & defense should be your priority. Not simply all offense. (unless you are adding a QB in those top 5 picks)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mostly does shitty when I have to stream him or desperation start him in fantasy. Probably doing that again this week so get ready for him to throw a pick on the first play and then get his leg broken trying to make the tackle.