• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You let Jackson go last year...
You trade McCoy this year for a LB coming off a torn ACL...
You don't franchise tag Maclin...
You don't have a QB capable of running the gimmick offense...

It looks like Chip's attempt to make the Eagles completely irrelevant is almost complete.
I am pretty sure these moves were made to sign Maclin. And did you see Alonso pre-ACL injury?

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know exactly how to feel about this yet, it all depends on how we finish out the off-season

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can safely assume that if Mariota is available, Chip will find a way to trade up btw. This guy is collecting Oregon Ducks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah wait until the season starts and their offense is doing nothing eagle fans will be crying over McCoy. Bad trade. I agree they at least got a decent player but to trade Top 3 RB and someone that demands that much attention on offense its a BIG loss. Maybe Eagles sign Spiller now.
Top 3 RB's don't average less than 4.5 YPC. RB cliff = pass

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it! Shady is a Punk ass A-Hole, that many outsiders may not know. He clearly lost a step last year, he won't block, and he huffs like a horse after running 20 yards, not to mention he can't outrun Linebackers anymore.
Love me some Kiko!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is obviously a very good player, but certainly not a "ground and pound" type back. Pretty surprising to me that Buffalo made this deal.
I wonder if they meant he will get plenty of touches? More so than going all Mike Alstott on a team LOL

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I love it! Shady is a Punk ass A-Hole, that many outsiders may not know. He clearly lost a step last year, he won't block, and he huffs like a horse after running 20 yards, not to mention he can't outrun Linebackers anymore.
Love me some Kiko!!!

wow im sure you were mad when he was running 1300 yards right? At least he played last season not like kiko right? Love me a player who plays and doesn't have 2 knee injuries :)

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general, if the Bills are involved in a trade, it's usually good for the Eagles. Jason Peters was a prime example.

They also totally fleeced the Bills last season, trading Bryce Brown to Buffalo for a conditional pick that wound up being a high fourth. This for a guy who was like the fourth string back behind Shady, Sproles and Chris Polk. I love me some Bills trades.

BTW, I am laughing on the floor reading that someone claimed Shady would lead a "ground and pound" attack. Have you seen the guy run? Elusive back for sure, elite skills in the open field, but he never pounded anyone in his life, he is a finesse runner.

fourth round picks are usually worthless so I wouldn't call it a fleece and the Jason Peters trade was pretty fair. Peters is and was the most overrated LT in the game and he had no intention of staying with the Bills. Getting a first round pick was pretty good compensation.

As far as this trade if it ends up being McCoy for Kiko then yea its a fleece. Worst trade I have seen

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this is not surprising to any Eagles fan. Chip was visibly frustrated with Lesean McCoy, who seemed to think he was Barry Sanders part II and would dance and try to get a big run out of everything instead of hitting holes quickly and getting a good four yards. McCoy also had a large cap number, and Philly seems to be going on the warpath cutting vets who were making too much.

I thought there was a chance they would cut Shady outright if he didn't take a pay cut. Instead, they just dealt him for an ILB, which was a need position. My big issue with the trade is that Alonso is coming off a torn ACL. I hope they did their homework and are convinced he is going to be 100%.

I know Philly, and I know that you know Philly...this deal better yield results pretty quickly or the natives will turn on Kelly in a heartbeat. Shady did have a huge cap #...especially for a RB, but he's still one of the premier players in the league at any position.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You let Jackson go last year...
You trade McCoy this year for a LB coming off a torn ACL...
You don't franchise tag Maclin...
You don't have a QB capable of running the gimmick offense...

It looks like Chip's attempt to make the Eagles completely irrelevant is almost complete.

The EAGLES had the exact same record with/without Jackson....and zero playoff wins with him.
Had shitty ass Sanchez not went (3-4) as a backup, the Eagles make the playoffs again.
Take away any starter, and teams usually struggle a bit.

They did not franchise Maclin because he is close to signing a cap friendly deal.

The offense is the LEAST GIMMICKY and simplest in the entire league.
The Patriots do the exact same thing...but only a bit quicker.

They run a basic easy to understand offense QUICKLY. It is not complicated or gimmicky.
They just snap the ball fast. But, the plays are extraordinarily basic plays.

The EAGLES needed a corneback and linebacker more than anything else.
They believe they got a linebacker while freeing up 50 million to improve a horrible secondary.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everybody crushing Shady, he was not bad for the last 12 weeks last year

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am happy for the trade. If the bills can luck into a QB, they might actually be dangerous.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no doubt that McCoy is a good player. Will he be as good in Buffalo as he was in Kelly's offense? Not so sure. Alonzo is a LB who would upgrade almost any defense in the league.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so! Still think it's a good trade for Philly, which might not be celebrated quite as much in other NFCE cities.
BOY...you could be right but that sure remains to be seen. I tend to think that's a tall order with McCoy having a chip (ha) on his shoulder and Rex giving him maximum touches makes for something to follow that's for sure

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that McCoy is a good player. Will he be as good in Buffalo as he was in Kelly's offense? Not so sure. Alonzo is a LB who would upgrade almost any defense in the league.
he was pretty good b4 Kelly...this needs to play out b4 too many hot opinions flow