• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. If the Eagles solve the secondary holes in free agency, and White is available, would you move up to pick him in the 1st round? Then draft the BPAs in each round after that, such as: ILB; QB (development); OL?

Would you?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Kevin White fan, but I most likely wouldn't trade up to go grab him. Unless we have a huge FA, we whiff on Mariota, and it only cost a 3rd or a 4th to move up and get him….which is not realistic to suggest that. Out of reach at a position we'll be just fine at when Maclin resigns. We'll need another WR in the mid-to-later rounds, but Maclin/Matthews/Huff is a nice trio. It's time to lock up the Mac.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kevin White as well, but if we re-up Maclin I'd rather just look to add a speed receiver later in the draft. White is more of a possession WR and we're ok there with Maclin/Matthews.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I don't care if the third WR is a possession guy or not as long as he is a true threat the other team needs to cover. I'd have no problem brining in a guy with size and skill as opposed to a burner.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I don't care if the third WR is a possession guy or not as long as he is a true threat the other team needs to cover. I'd have no problem brining in a guy with size and skill as opposed to a burner.

Right ... but duke asked about "trading up" for him. If White is still there at 20 and you took care of the 2ndary in free agency, I'd have no prob with it. But White is probably a top 15 pick, so we're trading at least a 3rd to snag a position that isn't a dire need? DeVante Parker may still be there at 20 if you want WR and he isn't much of a drop off.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. There's some WRs that can beat you deep with speed, and there's some WRs that can beat you deep by high pointing the ball over defenders with impressive body control - like Kevin White. While he's not a burner I still like his speed combined with his size and talent. If he can improve his route running he has a chance to be the best WR in this class.

Last edited by a moderator:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Guru's" are very high on White, and compare him to Julio Jones. (While these "Guru's" are not as knowledgeable as us on this forum :), it's almost a consensus that he's now the #1 WR). It's amazing that he has climbed from a late 1st/high 2nd round pick to a top 10 pick. What is his 40 time? I thought he was something like a 4.55 guy, and now a 4.40? I know we'll find out the truth this week at the combine. I do think we need another big-time receiving threat to give MM as many targets as possible. ;). Seriously, with an added skilled WR to the mix, and an improved OL, we should see some unbelievable offense this year. To answer Rey, Devante Parker would indeed be a great addition, so if we solved the defensive holes, would you pick a top Wr in the 1st?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trading up for White??? You have a zero chance of him being there at 20....Amari Cooper and Devante Parker also will be gone by 20....So this is a pointless topic unless your planing on trading up, in which case you should have your head examined... :whistle:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I draft a WR that early is if we move back in the draft, not up.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer Rey, Devante Parker would indeed be a great addition, so if we solved the defensive holes, would you pick a top Wr in the 1st?

I wouldn't personally ... no. Both Parker and White are fine receivers, but I don't think we need a 1st round receiver.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trading up for White??? You have a zero chance of him being there at 20....Amari Cooper and Devante Parker also will be gone by 20....So this is a pointless topic unless your planing on trading up, in which case you should have your head examined... :whistle:

I did. My wife took a look inside my head and could see nothing. Says that I need a life, spending all this time thinking about the draft, even before the Combine. I told her that I have a company full of geeks like me. :)

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. My wife took a look inside my head and could see nothing. Says that I need a life, spending all this time thinking about the draft, even before the Combine. I told her that I have a company full of geeks like me. :)

Never met your wife but it sounds like she has a bad attitude... :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never met your wife but it sounds like she has a bad attitude... :)

She certainly does, Deano. I think she "married up"! LOL.

BTW Guys....the question about Kevin White is if we solve all the holes in free agency, and had a chance to move up for him, and assuming Cooper and Parker are already gone, would you want to move up a little to get White. This isn't brain surgery, you know, just a question.

Wings: R - E - L - A - X.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thinking WR in round one for the Eagles at all. They couldn't possibly fill every defensive hole in free agency. Round one should be an impact player on defense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think he might be there. He is reportedly more quick than fast and may not run well.

I like Jaelen Strong who is also not fast but who is a physical beast. Our red zone game would be dramatically improved.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WR if Maclin bolts but if not I doubt we go WR in rd 1 ilb or o-line if we don't go Cb or Safety

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Maclin signs I highly doubt we go WR. 3 out of the 5 starting OL spots are old ... you have to start thinking about replenishing that position. You're likely losing both Trent Cole and Graham ... you can't put all your eggs in the Marcus Smith basket at Rush End. Unless Jason Worilds is a free agent acquisition for us, the Eagles could look there at 20. Then you have all types of needs in the 2ndary ... the only set position is Jenkins; other than that you have nothing. I doubt we will be able to solve all the 2ndary problems via free agency ... a guy like Marcus Peters will likely still be in play at 20 even if you can bring in a top notch Corner and Safety. There's just way too many areas we need to replenish prior to WR if Maclin is brought back. If Maclin leaves though then obviously WR becomes a very possible Rd 1 scenario ... but from what I hear Maclin really wants to stay and the Birds want to keep him. I highly doubt he goes anywhere. Worst case scenario the Birds Franchise him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read up on it more and it sounds like a number of teams picking in the teens need wideouts, so unless he runs a 4.65 or something he should be gone before our pick.

I am worried about this offseason free agency. Basically, they need to re-sign Maclin and Graham. If they do that, and add a decent veteran secondary player to replace Fletcher, as well as a better backup ILB and OG, I think we'll be in pretty decent shape. But Maclin and Graham are going to take substantial money. One may get a better offer and go.