• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kelly probably cost them this game.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too slow to realize we needed to fire van gorder in the offseason. Our defense blows. Again.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. VG did. Defense is bad. I agree kelly screwed up with the 2 QBs but this game came down to D. VG needs to go. season over boys. this sucks. congrats to texas.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just an awful in gm coach. Can't get over that 3rd and 5 qb draw late with a 4 ot lead. Too much has to go right for u to convert and kizer was hot. Defense is shit

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not usually one to play Monday Morning QB, but BVG has been a disaster since he took over. Honestly, that's the nail in the coffin, the schedule is too weak to overcome a loss like this. Not to mention, Texas isn't that good, Notre Dame's Defense just sucked that badly.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just an awful in gm coach. Can't get over that 3rd and 5 qb draw late with a 4 ot lead. Too much has to go right for u to convert and kizer was hot. Defense is shit

Problem is we only have two good WR's and one got knocked out on an obvious targeting penalty. Obviously need to use Sanders in the passing game though. He should develop into a great slot reciever.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is awful. Kelly cost us the game. The back and forth with Kizer and Zaire was bullshit. Offense was dead for an entire half, every time Zaire took the field.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is we only have two good WR's and one got knocked out on an obvious targeting penalty. Obviously need to use Sanders in the passing game though. He should develop into a great slot reciever.

Generally, I think fans whine too much about the refs. But it's fucking insane targeting wasn't called on that play. It was blatant and obvious.

Last edited:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with everything that is being posted at the moment.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it did not cost us the game. did u see how many pts we scored. its on VG. Defense sucks. i blame kelly for not firing him.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it did not cost us the game. did u see how many pts we scored. its on VG. Defense sucks. i blame kelly for not firing him.

I agree with this. Looking at the big picture, ND should never have had to score that many points to win.

Generally, I think fans whine too much about the refs. But it's fucking insane targeting wasn't called on that play. It was blatant and obvious.

I agree. It was the exact same play that got Shumate tossed from the Temple game. I think there may have been a make up call on the chop block, the replay the showed the OL just kinda rolled on the ground, but wasn't near anyone.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not as mad about the QB situation as others. He did the right thing by giving them both a chance. You can't promise your guys that and then not give them a legitimate chance. He'd lose the locker room otherwise. He eventually figured it out and I think we know who's job it is now.

What pisses me off as I sit here stewing is that about 6 years ago when Kelly took the job he said he knew to be successful at ND his teams had to play defense. He couldn't play Big East football and hope to ours core your opponents. Here we are in year 7 and outside of 2012, we look like a BE team just trying to score as many points as possible just to have a chance to win.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after this. I took a shower.

Came to realize 4 things:

1) if DeShone comes out this year top 25 pick

2) This 2 QB shit needs to end. Maybe make a 18 wheeler sorta package for Zaire but that's it

3) the play calling was awful. 3&5 call and something else. at the final play of regulation why not try a snake and ladder play (ala Boise/Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl)

4) BVG needs to be taken out. Old yeller style

Lowcald

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After years of being on hiatus I am back. Not back here to rub in a tough loss.....quite the contrary. Back to say what an enjoyable game that was to watch and how lucky ND fans should feel about having Brian Kelly as their coach. For all the years I ripped on Weis back on the CBS boards I have to give Kelly his due....I really feel the dude does bring a schematic advantage of sorts to the table. He's not defensive minded....well neither are a lot of top programs. The bottom line is that you guys finally have a top 10, boardering top 5 HC at Notre Dame. This is clear to me. This may not happen again in your or my lifetime. Enjoy it. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, the loss tonight....but my God under any of your former coaches since Holtz this would have been a 30 point stomping. Keep that in mind and just be glad that red-faced maniac resides in South Bend.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after this. I took a shower.

Came to realize 4 things:

1) if DeShone comes out this year top 25 pick

2) This 2 QB shit needs to end. Maybe make a 18 wheeler sorta package for Zaire but that's it

3) the play calling was awful. 3&5 call and something else. at the final play of regulation why not try a snake and ladder play (ala Boise/Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl)

4) BVG needs to be taken out. Old yeller style
I disagree about play calling. I think Kelly called a good game. Hence all the points we scored. Yes was there moments where u were like what the F. Yes. But overall he called a great game. It all comes down to D just like last year. His biggest mistake was keeping BVG. It wouldn't shock me if we end up 11-1 or 10-2 but this team will never win the big road game with BVG as DC. Im sick of losing the big road game. This is now 3 games in a row that we lost… FSU, Clemson and now Texas. We need to win these games. Tomorrow I will have my post game marks. This team played hard and Kizer is the best QB in the nation. Oline is so one rated. Defense SUCKS.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team came back from 17 down on the road against 102K texas fans. Offense did their job. I HATE BVG. strong words. he is the worst DC in the nation. He did nothing last year with great defensive players and this is will be worst.

side note: Tillery sucks. so over rated. Rochell is over rated. He missed 7 tackles and 3 big time tackles. Im sick of hearing about these 2. #24 Blows ass. 1 last thing Studstill needs to start.

0 sacks. except for bad snaps by the center.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery Sabastian sucks too. He can't tackle or cover. Dude is just out there to take up space. And this is his 6th year.

Nyles Morgan continues to disappoint as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery Sabastian sucks too. He can't tackle or cover. Dude is just out there to take up space. And this is his 6th year.

Nyles Morgan continues to disappoint as well.
I thought morgan was ok. He was very active. Very disappointed in #24 CB. Got beat 3 times and 2 PI calls.

Lowcald

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick of losing the big road game. This is now 3 games in a row that we lost… FSU, Clemson and now Texas.

I wouldn't quite put this one in the same category as FSU and Clemson. I mean those were legit playoff teams.....doubtful Texas gets to 9 wins.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't quite put this one in the same category as FSU and Clemson. I mean those were legit playoff teams.....doubtful Texas gets to 9 wins.
I agree but its about the Big stage. Opening weekend only game on 102K people in the stands. its a big game. We don't win them on the road.