• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kelly probably cost them this game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After years of being on hiatus I am back. Not back here to rub in a tough loss.....quite the contrary. Back to say what an enjoyable game that was to watch and how lucky ND fans should feel about having Brian Kelly as their coach. For all the years I ripped on Weis back on the CBS boards I have to give Kelly his due....I really feel the dude does bring a schematic advantage of sorts to the table. He's not defensive minded....well neither are a lot of top programs. The bottom line is that you guys finally have a top 10, boardering top 5 HC at Notre Dame. This is clear to me. This may not happen again in your or my lifetime. Enjoy it. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, the loss tonight....but my God under any of your former coaches since Holtz this would have been a 30 point stomping. Keep that in mind and just be glad that red-faced maniac resides in South Bend.
Hello @Lowcald. Been a VERY long time.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After years of being on hiatus I am back. Not back here to rub in a tough loss.....quite the contrary. Back to say what an enjoyable game that was to watch and how lucky ND fans should feel about having Brian Kelly as their coach. For all the years I ripped on Weis back on the CBS boards I have to give Kelly his due....I really feel the dude does bring a schematic advantage of sorts to the table. He's not defensive minded....well neither are a lot of top programs. The bottom line is that you guys finally have a top 10, boardering top 5 HC at Notre Dame. This is clear to me. This may not happen again in your or my lifetime. Enjoy it. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, the loss tonight....but my God under any of your former coaches since Holtz this would have been a 30 point stomping. Keep that in mind and just be glad that red-faced maniac resides in South Bend.
BTW, Kelly's been a good program builder. He brought them back from the brink and has recruited reasonably well but he is a lousy game day coach and he's too beholden to his old coaching tree. His DC is a liability.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem like a real twat. And you're making fun of BK's demeanor? Have you seen Harbaugh? Shut your bitch ass up.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought morgan was ok. He was very active. Very disappointed in #24 CB. Got beat 3 times and 2 PI calls.

Nick Coleman or as I like to call him Gary Gray 2.0

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team came back from 17 down on the road against 102K texas fans. Offense did their job. I HATE BVG. strong words. he is the worst DC in the nation. He did nothing last year with great defensive players and this is will be worst.

side note: Tillery sucks. so over rated. Rochell is over rated. He missed 7 tackles and 3 big time tackles. Im sick of hearing about these 2. #24 Blows ass. 1 last thing Studstill needs to start.

0 sacks. except for bad snaps by the center.

Rochelle and Crawford were the only two who actually played semi well on Defense. Morgan was meh.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not as mad about the QB situation as others. He did the right thing by giving them both a chance. You can't promise your guys that and then not give them a legitimate chance. He'd lose the locker room otherwise. He eventually figured it out and I think we know who's job it is now.

What pisses me off as I sit here stewing is that about 6 years ago when Kelly took the job he said he knew to be successful at ND his teams had to play defense. He couldn't play Big East football and hope to ours core your opponents. Here we are in year 7 and outside of 2012, we look like a BE team just trying to score as many points as possible just to have a chance to win.

My only issue is sticking with it through the 1st quarter because it was clear by then, but to keep it going into the 2nd half was costly. The defense sure didn't help.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe most ND fans wanted BVG to go last year, but BK kept him, so BK shares blame for the defense we have. A great coach would not have kept BVG. I think BK is overall a good coach, but not great. BK is possibly an elite recruiter but we get too many trouble makers and quitters. BK is poor to good in all other aspects of coaching. Under BK's reign, we have had too many embarrassing losses and close calls where we all knew we had vastly superior talent relative to our opponents. We have all seen how good BK's teams can play but BK's teams do not play to their potential consistently. Great coaches have consistency.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is far from over. This isn't the old system where only 2 teams make it. With 4 teams making the playoffs, its almost a lock to have at least 2-3 teams with at least 1 or more losses.

We got Stanford, Michigan State, Miami, and USC all left on the schedule. Run the table and we'll be in the conversation at the end of the season

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is far from over. This isn't the old system where only 2 teams make it. With 4 teams making the playoffs, its almost a lock to have at least 2-3 teams with at least 1 or more losses.

We got Stanford, Michigan State, Miami, and USC all left on the schedule. Run the table and we'll be in the conversation at the end of the season

the problem is that after the first game we already have to depend on 'running the table'. starting out behind the eight ball is not the way you want to do things ... and this game was very winnable. if it happened last night, odds are good it'll happen again because we still have bad decisions being made and we still have van gordor.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is that after the first game we already have to depend on 'running the table'. starting out behind the eight ball is not the way you want to do things ... and this game was very winnable. if it happened last night, odds are good it'll happen again because we still have bad decisions being made and we still have van gordor.

I like our schedule this year. A ton of neutral field games. We only have true road games against NC State and USC. Would be a damn shame if we're not 10-1 entering the USC game

Lowcald

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Kelly's been a good program builder. He brought them back from the brink and has recruited reasonably well but he is a lousy game day coach and he's too beholden to his old coaching tree. His DC is a liability.

True....and the look Kelly gave that dude after the last TD said it all. While I think when you run an offense like Kelly's and you've always been an offensive-minded coach your defense will suffer (and have a lower ceiling), you just can't let Texas do that. Wouldn't surprise me though if ND ran the table from here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no chance with this D. 8-4 season it looks like.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly mention we need better coaching on D. lol. kind of threw BVG under the bus.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no chance with this D. 8-4 season it looks like.

Making judgments after 1 game is pretty stupid. We played a damn good team on the road. With this schedule this team won't sniff 8-4. You're out of your mind

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making judgments after 1 game is pretty stupid. We played a damn good team on the road. With this schedule this team won't sniff 8-4. You're out of your mind
i agree but i just dont like this D. i dont see how it can improve. we were suppose to be able to stop the run with jobes, rochel and tillery and all 3 are over rated. tillery is soft, Rochel misses tackles(7 last night), jones is no where to be found. Safety play sucked coleman looked really bad. Luke played good beside that 1 touch down he let up. morgan was k. he was acrive. Martini was really bad. I dont see much positves

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but i just dont like this D. i dont see how it can improve. we were suppose to be able to stop the run with jobes, rochel and tillery and all 3 are over rated. tillery is soft, Rochel misses tackles(7 last night), jones is no where to be found. Safety play sucked coleman looked really bad. Luke played good beside that 1 touch down he let up. morgan was k. he was acrive. Martini was really bad. I dont see much positves

Agree but there is a reason why the season is 12 games.....and not 1 game

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kizer will be a 1st rd pick. he is that good.