• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 4 years. In 3 the Ws are done anyway

Maybe.

But OKC with Russ PG and Adams will not be the team to take the mantle. Russ and PG don't have playing styles that will last as long as LeBron or KD. And, OKC will be cap strapped and another team or two will emerge.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think George might've been smart.

Sure he looks stupid.

But everyone talking about getting a bigger max in 2 years.

I'm dubious if he's a max player in 2 years.

I know ESPN's Pelton ran some numbers and questioned that as well last summer.

Get your big money now. You still have a championship core in Russ/PG/Adams. It's filling in the other pieces that will be hard.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs arem"t the Lakers.

I'm talking about thinking you're going to keep Lebron in-line like the rest of the players. You haven't been paying attention to the last 5 years if you think that way. And if you don't want Lebron, there'll be another team that gives up some control to him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James, IMO is the most powerful man in the NBA. Moreso than commisioner Silver or any owner.

Which is why it's foolish to think any NBA franchise in the league is going to strong arm Lebron while also expecting him to sign. If the Kawhi situation didn't exist, I still don't think Lebron considers them because he knows he won't have much say in the team operations like he does with the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think George might've been smart.

Sure he looks stupid.

But everyone talking about getting a bigger max in 2 years.

I'm dubious if he's a max player in 2 years.

I know ESPN's Pelton ran some numbers and questioned that as well last summer.

Get your big money now. You still have a championship core in Russ/PG/Adams. It's filling in the other pieces that will be hard.

Yeah, I don't question PG for signing a 4-year deal. Get some security to your contract. I think he'll be around after the 4-year deal is up, but as you've mentioned, with the injury he had will teams view him as a max contract player?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Lebron fan but if his goal is winning more title right this moment, going to Philly makes much more sense than going to the Lakers with just Kawhi.

That Lakers team would not be good enough to beat the Warriors 4 of 7.

pretty much what i've been saying all along...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why it's foolish to think any NBA franchise in the league is going to strong arm Lebron while also expecting him to sign. If the Kawhi situation didn't exist, I still don't think Lebron considers them because he knows he won't have much say in the team operations like he does with the Cavs.

Maybe he respects Magic enough for that to not matter as much.

I mean to show you how good Bron is, I don't disagree with what everyone is saying about Bron and the lakers playoff wise.

But if you added PG to that Laker team, it's a better supporting cast than the one Bron just dragged to the finals.

Now it will have to be Kawhi or or Cousins with Bron. But the same will still hold true.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Does the West play a different style of basketball that I'm not aware of as opposed to the East? I assumed it was just based on all of the talent being out West.
No, there’s just better teams that can deal with 1 really good guy. It’s why OKC is never a contender.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there’s just better teams that can deal with 1 really good guy. It’s why OKC is never a contender.

Outside of the Warriors, which team are you referring to?

Because watching the Warriors, there were 2 games they almost lost in the Finals solely because of Lebron. In 2015, the series went 6 games solely because of Lebron. Basketball isn't like baseball and football where you need a cohesive team to have a modicum of success. One elite player can quickly shift things, and Lebron's the best player in the league by far.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he respects Magic enough for that to not matter as much.

I mean to show you how good Bron is, I don't disagree with what everyone is saying about Bron and the lakers playoff wise.

But if you added PG to that Laker team, it's a better supporting cast than the one Bron just dragged to the finals.

Now it will have to be Kawhi or or Cousins with Bron. But the same will still hold true.
True but the Cavs did what they did in the EC.

Vs a young Pacers team.

And a C's team that was missing their best 2 players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a Sixers team with Kawhi, LBJ, Simmons and Embiid be even money with the Warriors as favorites for the NBA Championship next year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on LeBron is that he is 33 years old. Playing 80 games of competitive professional basketball every year is wearing. You could tell that he was exhausted in the Warriors series. He had some problems with the Celtics. Every human body has its limitations and LeBron has pushed his to the max. He's been able to avoid any serious injury so far but how long can he do that? If he does have knee or hip injury, will that be the end?? He's been the best for the past 5-6 years, but he can't stay on that mantle forever.

Maybe he can get rejuvanated at TB12. Brady's still the MVP at 41.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a Sixers team with Kawhi, LBJ, Simmons and Embiid be even money with the Warriors as favorites for the NBA Championship next year?

They would be the favorites...Plus it's perfect for lebron (nice blend of youth and high talent)...The whole LA thing never made any sense

If they happened to win next year, that would set him on a path for a few more putting him right at 6 with more finals appearances than Jordone.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could limit minutes in the regular season as well

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on LeBron is that he is 33 years old. Playing 80 games of competitive professional basketball every year is wearing. You could tell that he was exhausted in the Warriors series. He had some problems with the Celtics. Every human body has its limitations and LeBron has pushed his to the max. He's been able to avoid any serious injury so far but how long can he do that? If he does have knee or hip injury, will that be the end?? He's been the best for the past 5-6 years, but he can't stay on that mantle forever.

Maybe he can get rejuvanated at TB12. Brady's still the MVP at 41.

Lebron takes care of his body just as well as Brady does, if not better.

Also, the training regimen that Brady applies doesn't correlate to Lebron as much.

Brady doesn't have to rely on superior athleticism, never has in his career. Lebron's different.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be the favorites...Plus it's perfect for lebron (nice blend of youth and high talent)...The whole LA thing never made any sense

If they happened to win next year, that would set him on a path for a few more putting him right at 6 with more finals appearances than Jordone.
He already has more Finals appearances.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leonard is traded this year, it will, in all likelihood, be to an Eastern Conference team. Talks with the Lakers have all but ended and the potential deal with the Nuggets that the Lakers were attempting to do to obtain more assets have ended as well. If Leonard is traded this year, the hotspot right now appears to be the Sixers.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sixers are going to be stacked if they pull this off...

Can't wait to watch lebron with a dominant center

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leonard is traded this year, it will, in all likelihood, be to an Eastern Conference team. Talks with the Lakers have all but ended and the potential deal with the Nuggets that the Lakers were attempting to do to obtain more assets have ended as well. If Leonard is traded this year, the hotspot right now appears to be the Sixers.
They can always renew talks....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it DJ. Popovich so hates the Lakers that after all the talks, he pulled the plug. Popovich wanted the entire kiddie corp (Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, Hart) AND two number ones. Geez, why don't you just send this knucklehead the whole frikin' roster. Magic said no to Kuzma and Hart and his final offer was Ingram and a number one from Denver that they thought they had by shipping Ball and the Deng contract.