• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a way....maybe we should not be surprised that Pop traded for an All Star under contract and some additional pieces instead of a couple of kids who have never done anything but lose.

It was just the constant narrative that I heard that the Spurs weren't going to get anything for a top 3 NBA player in the league. The Spurs just proved that wasn't the case. They were patient, and without seeing whom else is part of the trade (if Walker isn't part of it, then it should be good), they absolutely won this trade. Given that Kawhi wasn't going to stay with the Spurs and DeRozan is a solid player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree, but people were saying that about Paul George last year. Personally, I hope it works out for Toronto.

PG taught us one thing - don't ever assume that a player having a whole year with a (quality) organization that they were traded to will automatically leave the following season for a set destination/franchise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say--- the Raptors won, what 60 games last year? and just switched out the perennial choker DeRozan for Kawhi.

It will be interesting that is for sure.

They may have just inched themselves into the lead in the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really has no desire to play in Toronto, this won't end well for the Raptors,
best case scenario they win 60 games again since Kawhi is an upgrade over DeRozan, Kawhi wants the money and stays.

worst case scenario they dont win 50 games and he walks

middle scenario- they kind of see its not working at the trade deadline and spin him for some rebuilding assets.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG taught us one thing - don't ever assume that a player having a whole year with a (quality) organization that they were traded to will automatically leave the following season for a set destination/franchise.
Yah Toronto is actually a really nice international city. OKC is in the dustbowl with nothing around it for miles.

Having said that- he will be freezing his ass off. lol.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kawhi a big Drake fan? If so, Drake might be able to convince him to stay. I like the move by Toronto. It’s basically a move to get better, or start the rebuild. A lot of teams are in the mediocre hell that Toronto is in (everyone good but the dubs) where they aren’t bad enough to get lottery picks, but they aren’t good enough to realistically win a title. I wish the Bulls had balls like that, but the Bulls love the mediocre hell.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have just inched themselves into the lead in the East.

Yeah will be close. I'm waiting to see the final trade though to see if any of their other role players were included.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say this. I don't think that PG was ever that upset about getting traded to OKC. I can't imagine that Kawhi is happy about this at all. He wanted a big market and instead got a non-American city.

Good luck selling Nike in Canukistan, Kawhi.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't going anywhere with Demar. They gave it one more shot last year and it didn't work.

Even if they get to a final and then lose him for nothing that would still be the best season in team history, would make them a shit ton of money in merch and they get a rebuild going that they would have to face down anyway if things this year didn't go well.

I'm just hoping the fucking guy shows up lol.

There is no reason he shouldnt play, he got out of SA. What you can hope for is building a team around him that can contend, maybe some more trades or little pickups to get deep in the playoffs and contend. Otherwise, he is gone next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what else the Raps are giving up?

Reactions: DJ

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is we didn't hear anything like "George has no desire to play in OKC".

That is a major red flag

We'll see. But with DeRozan, the Raptors were at best the 3rd best team in the East (well, maybe 2nd to Boston, not sure what Philly's going to look like). Sometimes you have to roll the dice. But I don't like the idea of GM's telling players one thing, then doing the complete opposite. I remember Riley let a player go a couple of years ago whom went to the Cavs in their first Finals run back in '15. Said player said that Riley communicated with him the whole process and the reason for letting him go and was thankful for the reasoning (ie lesser role and not as much playing time with moves being made).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Toronto is actually a really nice international city. OKC is in the dustbowl with nothing around it for miles.

Having said that- he will be freezing his ass off. lol.

Pop really is a cold mother fucker. Kawhi wanted to be traded to LA. Pop literally traded him to the exact opposite of Los Angeles.