• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this on ESPN

Dan Hellie of NFL Network said he heard from Kam Chancellor on Wednesday:

"Hellie reported on NFL Total Access that Chancellor told him he is willing to meet Seattle halfway and that the two sides are less than $1 million apart. He said he's not looking for new money, but wants salary currently allocated for the 2017 season to be moved to 2016. Chancellor used the word 'petty' in describing the negotiations, according to Hellie.

----

If the team and Kam really are less than a million dollars apart and that relatively small amount of money kept Kam from playing week 1 I'm gonna be pissed at both sides.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Outplaying your contract isn't = to 'being super underpaid.' You're gilding the lilly.
2. Forgive? What are we, a bunch of grade 6 girls?
3. What excuses? Like I said, if he brings us a couple of high picks and we move on, then that's all good too. 'Dirt bag,' oh bullshvt. Again, he's respected throughout the team and around the league.

At least you didn't call him a thug I guess.
And why does it matter to you so much if people out there really do HATE him now? They are as entitled to their responses/views as you are aren't they? You are telling stoker and anyone else who isn't high on him now to change their feelings. It's not going to work.

You, and others like you, have to deal with the FACT that quite a few fans are going to feel this way.

And spare us the BS about his role in the SB winning season. No one said anything about his role to date. It literally goes without saying. Tate was a part of that season too and like Kam, we thank him for his contributions. However also like Kam he isn't a part of the team now so?

Once you become a cancer (a la Harvin) or otherwise bring potential harm to the team I reserve my right to say/feel anyway I choose. Deal with it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this on ESPN

Dan Hellie of NFL Network said he heard from Kam Chancellor on Wednesday:

"Hellie reported on NFL Total Access that Chancellor told him he is willing to meet Seattle halfway and that the two sides are less than $1 million apart. He said he's not looking for new money, but wants salary currently allocated for the 2017 season to be moved to 2016. Chancellor used the word 'petty' in describing the negotiations, according to Hellie.

----

If the team and Kam really are less than a million dollars apart and that relatively small amount of money kept Kam from playing week 1 I'm gonna be pissed at both sides.

It seems blindingly obvious (to me at least) that for the team, it's not about the $. It's about the ripples that would spread through guys like Bennet if they cave.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he did it in a poor way. But what other way did he have to do it?

That's the one bullet in his gun. The only bullet. No others exist.

Well, I guess he could just dog it, and not give up his body, not be 'Kam,' that would be another bullet he has, but then he wouldn't be Kam.

Which is why he's either going to be back or traded.

And I could have been clearer, I was speaking generally, state of the NFL' with cutting guys. I realize that we're not cutting Kam.

Even if it wasn't the money, that would be stupid, because he's a valuable asset. (First and a fourth minimum?)
JUST PLAY THE CONTRACT YOU SIGNED. He doesn't have a bullet, nor is his gripe legit. Find me anyone who disagrees with that that isn't an active player. You won't.

If he had one year left then this is different. Last year of contracts are BS and everyone on both sides know it. THREE YEARS LEFT OF A FOUR YEAR DEAL. It's asinign. Ludicrous.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be the asshole here. "Burn his Jersey"! I am all for players getting what they can but he signed the contract. Wait till these guys try to get a job after football. I am done with him. Each day he loses more fans and team mates. Losing his team mates is the most damaging. It would be just perfect if Bailey intercepted a pass and defended several others this Sunday. Kam who?
Like I said before. He is well on his way to becoming the most hated athlete in Seattle and hopefully we can get some draft picks when he sits out this season and gets traded to Cleveland!

The Seahawks cannot let pettiness by a single player ruin the structure of this organization for years to come.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems blindingly obvious (to me at least) that for the team, it's not about the $. It's about the ripples that would spread through guys like Bennet if they cave.

Sure but if you believe the statement, it suggests there have already been talks to move some money around. If so the Hawks are obviously willing to make a few of those ripples to keep Kam on the field, but letting it get to the point of missing a regular season game over less than $1M is like arguing over who pays the check with the extra $0.15 when you split a check for dinner.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why does it matter to you so much if people out there really do HATE him now? They are as entitled to their responses/views as you are aren't they? You are telling stoker and anyone else who isn't high on him now to change their feelings. It's not going to work.

You, and others like you, have to deal with the FACT that quite a few fans are going to feel this way.

And spare us the BS about his role in the SB winning season. No one said anything about his role to date. It literally goes without saying. Tate was a part of that season too and like Kam, we thank him for his contributions. However also like Kam he isn't a part of the team now so?

Once you become a cancer (a la Harvin) or otherwise bring potential harm to the team I reserve my right to say/feel anyway I choose. Deal with it.

Heh. Feel however you want to feel my good man. I reserve my right to do what I've been doing, and comment on it.

If you want to be all butthurt, and express your angst here, the more power to you.

Like I say, if he comes back vs Detroit, and lights up Eric Ebron over the middle, you're going to be like everybody else, jumping around and pumping your fist.

<shrug>

But hey, maybe you're right, and he dies alone and unloved in an alley in 2018 after an overdose of cough syrup and malt liquor. :)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who underplay their contract get cut (the NFL is protected from themselves). Guys who overplay their contract have one resort, to hold out.

We can use all kinds of emotional language 'greed' etc, but he's playing the one card he had to play. He's maybe the most respected guy on the team, from coaches on down to players.

This is either a divorce and we trade him, or he comes back, and the team welcomes him back with open arms, and forgives every penny of fines that they're legally able to.

Let's just let it all play out.

The rules are the way they are to favor the teams. So it goes.

And yes of COURSE he's outplayed his contract, thus the interest from other teams.

If he'd underplayed his contract and was holding out, people would be laughing at him.

There's 30 other teams that would take him (if they could fit his contract in their budget) in a heart-beat.

And no, I'm not going to sue you. Maybe I'll just beat my chest, and arrrrgh real loud on here, kind of like everybody else... :)

Other 30 teams can't take him though, he's under contract.... Seahawks can have him sit for the next 3 years if they want, not paying him a penny... Actually he would have to pay the Seahawks, A LOT OF MONEY.... Kam has zero leverage with 3 years left on his contact... The real pain is gonna start on Sunday when he loses half a million dollars...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST PLAY THE CONTRACT YOU SIGNED. He doesn't have a bullet, nor is his gripe legit. Find me anyone who disagrees with that that isn't an active player. You won't.

If he had one year left then this is different. Last year of contracts are BS and everyone on both sides know it. THREE YEARS LEFT OF A FOUR YEAR DEAL. It's asinign. Ludicrous.

Sadly "success" and it changes people. It pisses me off that athletes do this as well. I mean you are making a ton of money... Yes I get it, it's football and health is never guaranteed but when you have a very decent contract, play to that and then negotiate when you have less than a year left in said contract.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other 30 teams can't take him though, he's under contract.... Seahawks can have him sit for the next 3 years if they want, not paying him a penny... Actually he would have to pay the Seahawks, A LOT OF MONEY.... Kam has zero leverage with 3 years left on his contact... The real pain is gonna start on Sunday when he loses half a million dollars...

Couldn't the Seahawks release him and then he's free game?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Feel however you want to feel my good man. I reserve my right to do what I've been doing, and comment on it.

If you want to be all butthurt, and express your angst here, the more power to you.

Like I say, if he comes back vs Detroit, and lights up Eric Ebron over the middle, you're going to be like everybody else, jumping around and pumping your fist.

<shrug>

But hey, maybe you're right, and he dies alone and unloved in an alley in 2018 after an overdose of cough syrup and malt liquor. :)
So now you know more about me and my convictions than I do? :L
How terribly arrogant and pompous of you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dead money would kill us. That's actually the only thing he has as leverage. We can't cut him or trade him without still paying a crap load to him and he knows it. He can sit out 9 games if he wants to push it that far.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dead money would kill us. That's actually the only thing he has as leverage. We can't cut him or trade him without still paying a crap load to him and he knows it. He can sit out 9 games if he wants to push it that far.

Oh, guess I really don't know how that sort of stuff works.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would never do that... If they just release him they get nothing back for him ... I also believe if he doesn't report by a certain time it won't even count as one of the years on his contract, Seattle would have another 3 years left even after this year...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying 'wake the fuck up' is insulting to you? You are easily insulted.

I notice you didn't bother answering the questions asked. Because you can't. He would stand to benefit from a loss and you know it. Thus, if he is holding out he's banking on his ability to force the issue with bad play by his replacement. You can at least agree that if his replacement plays lights out he almost certainly has to come in right? Just connect those dots man.

So if he was hoping to lose would he be reviewing tape and giving players tips?

1. You obviously take this crap really personal for god knows what reason
2. Kam's always been a team leader and has some close relations with guys on the defense. He doesn't want to see them fail
3. Kam has enough confidence in his skill set that he knows however the team is playing they want him on the field badly because he's the best SS in the league.

Just because you make up these little theories in your head doesn't make them true. It's your opinion. Stop trying to pass them off as facts and basically calling everyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you make up these little theories in your head doesn't make them true. It's your opinion. Stop trying to pass them off as facts and basically calling everyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.
Claiming they aren't true doesn't make them any less so.

Does he benefit from a team loss or not? It's a simple, quick, easy yes/no question.

If he's not rooting against the team then what is he hoping to gain by holding out into the season? Simple question.

Does he want to see any particular person fail? Probably not. He's been giving advice to his replacement. Never suggested he hasn't. It has nothing to do with his financial gain and the choices he's making that put his other teammates in worse positions for his own selfish reasons.

And I wouldn't call you an idiot, I'd say your view is naive, but that's my opinion.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dead money isn't even leverage really. If we release him, then any other team would be willing to bid on him and he would likely get the contract that he wanted from us anyways. That would still send the message to our other players that they should just hold out and they will get a monster raise with another team. We need to hold his feet to the fire and force him to lose out on his game checks. Then, if it comes to it, trade him to a crap team right before the deadline for at least a 1st round pick.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming they aren't true doesn't make them any less so.

Does he benefit from a team loss or not? It's a simple, quick, easy yes/no question.

If he's not rooting against the team then what is he hoping to gain by holding out into the season? Simple question.

Does he want to see any particular person fail? Probably not. He's been giving advice to his replacement. Never suggested he hasn't. It has nothing to do with his financial gain and the choices he's making that put his other teammates in worse positions for his own selfish reasons.

And I wouldn't call you an idiot, I'd say your view is naive, but that's my opinion.

No it isn't a quick, easy question? You think he wants the team he wants to play for to get in a hole? You think he wants to see his teammates perform poor on the field? You think he wants to come in playing with a team in the hole?

You don't know the answers to that. He's a competitor. He just isn't happy about the terms of his deal. That doesn't mean that he wants to see the team fold without him. It's just your opinion.