• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor around that Kam is willing to miss regular season time. Personally I highly doubt it. I suspect that is his agent spreading rumors to try and push the team to make a deal with Kam.

The Seahawks aren't going to give him more money. They may give him more guaranteed but that's about it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor around that Kam is willing to miss regular season time. Personally I highly doubt it. I suspect that is his agent spreading rumors to try and push the team to make a deal with Kam.

The Seahawks aren't going to give him more money. They may give him more guaranteed but that's about it.

I'm sure it's the guaranteed money that he wants. He's basically cut bait the way his contract is currently constituted. If he's cut after this season, Seattle saves 4.1 million in 2016 and 8.1 million in 2017 (or if cut after next season it's 7.1 million in 2017). I'd think he's looking for a little more security for that $12.2 million he's owed the last 2 seasons of his contract.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The threat of holding out for live games to me is the same attempt at creating leverage that Wilson had with the threat of actually playing for 1.5m this year. It's negotiation tactics.

If I'm the mgmt on this deal I'm drawing a line in the sand that is somewhere before the 4th preseason game and telling him if he isn't back in camp by that date the fines will stick no matter what and I wouldn't give him a nickel more, including changing his guaranteed money.

I wasn't in favor of this for Lynch and this is proof of why that was a bad idea then, and a worse one now. You let guys know they can bully you into changing their money and that your threats of fines are pretty much hollow and you can bet you will see more of this in future years. Especially when it's a guy making more than any other strong safety in the league and still has 3 years left. It's entirely insane to give him a thing. You are begging for more of this down the road.

Stop the insanity.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The threat of holding out for live games to me is the same attempt at creating leverage that Wilson had with the threat of actually playing for 1.5m this year. It's negotiation tactics.

If I'm the mgmt on this deal I'm drawing a line in the sand that is somewhere before the 4th preseason game and telling him if he isn't back in camp by that date the fines will stick no matter what and I wouldn't give him a nickel more, including changing his guaranteed money.

I wasn't in favor of this for Lynch and this is proof of why that was a bad idea then, and a worse one now. You let guys know they can bully you into changing their money and that your threats of fines are pretty much hollow and you can bet you will see more of this in future years. Especially when it's a guy making more than any other strong safety in the league and still has 3 years left. It's entirely insane to give him a thing. You are begging for more of this down the road.

Stop the insanity.

I think your right Wiz. Hold the line or the Seahawks will be hearing from more players wanting more money. Also think your right about giving a inch to Lynch. If they hold firm there, I doubt they would be having Bennett and Kam demanding more.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk that the FO is trying to put together a "bandaid" deal which won't add any new money to the deal but will allow Kam to save face with the negotiations.

There is a video up about it at bleacherreport. I couldn't figure out to imbed it though, provided the link
Seattle Seahawks news, rumors and more | Bleacher Report

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right Wiz. Hold the line or the Seahawks will be hearing from more players wanting more money. Also think your right about giving a inch to Lynch. If they hold firm there, I doubt they would be having Bennett and Kam demanding more.

There's also a good chance we don't have Lynch right now had they not budged on him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was real concern that Lynch was just odd enough to retire instead of play. I doubt anyone is thinking Kam is in that same boat. Entirely different and should be treated differently.

And according to Condotta and other reporters close to the team, the team is NOT considering any sort of move. They are all saying the team is standing firm and not budging.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam will play and needs to STFU. The guy sure wasn't whining when he signed that $5M signing bonus and he's still getting around $7M per year which is plenty for a SS that has the luxury of playing in a cover 3 with zero responsibilities deep 99% of the time.

Lynch got restructured because Lynch was considering retirement which absolutely makes sense considering he's approaching 30 and has been running a LOT each season considering how deep the Hawks go post season. Also, Christian Michael is clearly not the answer and Turbin is a backup at best... Seattle had zero replacement options and had to address O/DLine this draft and WR-PR-KR. I bet next year we draft a RB fairly early.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is about money he sure is gonna waste a lot the more he holds out... I hope the Seahawks hold firm, players just can't keep doing this right after they sign contracts... I love Kam but he's acting like a baby right now... You just signed your deal bro... Get out their and honor your contract...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does a Walter Jones and holds out the entire training camp but comes back before the season kick off, all is forgiven.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am holding out also. I won't post here about preseason games. Maybe longer? I want more money so I can pay someone to tell me she loves me! I just don't get it. You sign a contract and then turn around and decide it ain't good enough. Paycheck envy is a very selfish disease.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like he cares, but lost all respect for him. Seahawks needs to stand firm on this one. He's only hurting himself if he continues to hold out, especially if this drags into the regular season... (which i doubt).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whining is annoying but this is a non issue. Hawks aren't going to give Kam more money and he knows it, I think he's just putting some hints in their heads for next offseason season. I think he'll be back in camp by the second or third preseason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am holding out also. I won't post here about preseason games. Maybe longer? I want more money so I can pay someone to tell me she loves me! I just don't get it. You sign a contract and then turn around and decide it ain't good enough. Paycheck envy is a very selfish disease.

I think with deals like this you have to look at it from the player's side of things as well in the sense of after this season he can be cut with some dead money but not enough for the team to hold onto him say he gets hurt this year. I think he is just trying to get a little more safety in knowing that he is covered in case things go bad. Have to remember these players kind of drew the short end of the stick when it comes to contracts. Other sports the entire contract is guaranteed so the team can't really do anything if they get hurt year one. In the NFL most deals are set up any more to be year to year making every hit a possible career ender not only on the field but in the bank account.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add though this is where I blame the agents. They are not really doing the best job possible for these players more going for the big signing bonus early on making it look like this player is making huge money when in the end that 5-year contract they just signed is probably closer to a 2-3 year deal and then the player could be right back on the street. So it is no wonder players are quickly having buyers remorse a year after signing a contract. They see long-term it just was not in their best interest.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add though this is where I blame the agents. They are not really doing the best job possible for these players more going for the big signing bonus early on making it look like this player is making huge money when in the end that 5-year contract they just signed is probably closer to a 2-3 year deal and then the player could be right back on the street. So it is no wonder players are quickly having buyers remorse a year after signing a contract. They see long-term it just was not in their best interest.

Don't blame the agents. You blame the players for allowing such a weak ass union. The NFLPA is a joke.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame the agents. You blame the players for allowing such a weak ass union. The NFLPA is a joke.

I would say it is a combo between the two. Since the new CBA came out contracts have gotten worse honestly as a few top tier players have gotten the huge chunks of money and the middle class of the NFL is left eating the scraps left over knowing the contract they have signed means the team is keeping them until they find a younger cheaper option to replace them. So yes that I blame on the CBA. Agents though have allowed teams to do the whole almost year to year type contracts as of late as they usually offer a ton of up front money so they get paid and the player is happy they all of a sudden have all this money but they are not helping the player look long term.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought Kam would do this.....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can never fault anyone for doing what they think is best for their family or themselves.

...mile in their shoes.