• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick sat for national anthem

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already started. Did you see that afro he's sporting now?

yeah, he's looking a bit "off." it's sad when people are so easily influenced by other freaks agendas.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I guess he's saying he'll continue to do this until 'something' changes. That 'something' just may end up being his employment status with the NFL. We'll see how far this goes....when he's out there on the field in uniform, he's on company time, not personal time. And when on company time, he's representing his employer(s) and the 1A does NOT give you the right to do "anything" you want without limits. The NFL is going to protect the shield. The 49ers issued a statement of mild support earlier, but I bet things could change in that regard if this persists into the regular season and the team/league views this as a bad look for them. They'll get accused of racism, of course, but I'm thinking this could be pulled into the "player conduct" rules of the CBA at some point, depending on how far this clown takes it.

I still think he's setting this up for him to play the race card or the "I only got cut because I wouldn't honor the flag" line when he's shitcanned.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19oiku.jpg

Nope.

Kill the cap and kill anthems at sporting events....

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
to me this is illustrative to his issues as a NFL QB. It was a poorly thought out demonstration for an emotional issue with many facets on both sides. He had no concern for consequences as to how others would view it including his teammates. It makes me wonder if he is fairly simple minded.
This is part and parcel to his problems as a QB. He did well athletically until teams figured out how to defense him and then he was totally unable to evolve. It also points to his severe lack of leadership skills and either no regard or understanding for a sense of team. I still contend that many of the defections/retirements of quality players (and coaches) were decisions based partially on his role in the team.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me this is illustrative to his issues as a NFL QB. It was a poorly thought out demonstration for an emotional issue with many facets on both sides. He had no concern for consequences as to how others would view it including his teammates. It makes me wonder if he is fairly simple minded.
This is part and parcel to his problems as a QB. He did well athletically until teams figured out how to defense him and then he was totally unable to evolve. It also points to his severe lack of leadership skills and either no regard or understanding for a sense of team. I still contend that many of the defections/retirements of quality players (and coaches) were decisions based partially on his role in the team.
The other thing is his method of protest has sparked more discussion about the method itself and not the issue that he's trying to address. It's a complete whiff.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krappernick is an attention whore.... He was happy and content when he was getting all the attention and limelight when he had a decent season. As soon as his career made the turn for the shitter he needed to find another way to get back in the spotlight, and this is a fuckin sad way to do it.

If he likes it or not, he is a public figure....People see the bullshit he does on and off the field because of this.
If he wants to take a stand for something, publicly showing you have no pride in your country. 19 million a year, maybe his sorry ass should use that money and his public figure and do good with it.... That would make to much sense!!!!
He'd much rather sit on his overpaid ass and criticize shit instead of trying to make a positive difference. Rather piss and moan he is oppressed making 19 million a year, to do a job he sucks at!!!!

What a fuckin tool!!!!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fuss over not much.

JoHo's do't stand for anthems either.

Anybody recall John Carlos and Tommie Smith in Mexico 1968?

Similar stuff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Star Spangled Banner has become an unfortunate example of the war mongering country the US has become (America The Beautiful should be be the Anthem).

Regardless, I find it hilarious that nobody was outraged (or even noticed) when he sat during the anthem the first two preseason games. Fake outrage is high comedy.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Shania Twain singing the anthem naked

The only time I've watched an anthem in recent memory was Gaga last year before Super Bowl.

And she hit it out of the park. Straight up, no personal embellishments, no nothing.

Other than that Kate Smith live before Flyers games in the 70's was cool.

And when Canada played the Soviets in 1972 I could see the point.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I've watched an anthem in recent memory was Gaga last year before Super Bowl.

And she hit it out of the park. Straight up, no personal embellishments, no nothing.

Other than that Kate Smith live before Flyers games in the 70's was cool.

And when Canada played the Soviets in 1972 I could see the point.

Hank I just wanna see Shania naked , won't ever hear the lyrics. That is one hot Canadian , she makes up for Celine