• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Jefferson straight-up for Derrick Henry?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no start up dynasty league this season. Last year I had one and yes Henry went way earlier, but of course Jefferson was a rookie and now things would be much closer.
That and another 418 touches:shocked:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and another 418 touches:shocked:
Henry has his risk, but he is one of a small handful of effective workhorses in the league and effective workhorse are disappearing so that alone puts a premium value on him.
I guess in a start up dynasty it might depend if your trying to win coming out of the gate or conceding and building for the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry has his risk, but he is one of a small handful of effective workhorses in the league and effective workhorse are disappearing so that alone puts a premium value on him.
I guess in a start up dynasty it might depend if your trying to win coming out of the gate or conceding and building for the future.
Absolutely. I think i said that in one of my posts on it depends on the goals for your team. I meant to at least. Win now? Get henry asap. Long term? You need to think hard about this. Or target a different rb.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the shout out @SteelersPride
Not sure what i can contribute that hasnt been mentioned?
As for some WR being ranked ahead of others, that could be relative to whether the "expert" is looking at the higher ceiling? IDk :noidea:
Jefferson ranked ahead of Thielen, but Thielen gets twice as many TD in less games.
Metcalf drafted ahead of Lockett but Lockett gets more looks.
Claypool & Johnson getting drafted ahead of JuJu but JuJu has more receptions.
I think the value goes to the Thielens, Locketts and Schusters.
Henry on the other hand could be on the other side of the hill. All those carries may be catching up with him?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the shout out @SteelersPride
Not sure what i can contribute that hasnt been mentioned?
As for some WR being ranked ahead of others, that could be relative to whether the "expert" is looking at the higher ceiling? IDk :noidea:
Jefferson ranked ahead of Thielen, but Thielen gets twice as many TD in less games.
Metcalf drafted ahead of Lockett but Lockett gets more looks.
Claypool & Johnson getting drafted ahead of JuJu but JuJu has more receptions.
I think the value goes to the Thielens, Locketts and Schusters.
Henry on the other hand could be on the other side of the hill. All those carries may be catching up with him?
If a defense is willing commit everything to stopping him and just go man to man, "go ahead and try and beat us Tannyhill", and Tanny can't get it done that day...it'll certainly give the approach that Henry hit a wall.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I have a strong enough roster to compete for a championship in this 1st season of the league so the trade makes sense in that regard.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I think i said that in one of my posts on it depends on the goals for your team. I meant to at least. Win now? Get henry asap. Long term? You need to think hard about this. Or target a different rb.
My goal is to balance a "win now" strategy with a "don't leverage my teams future". Yes, as pointed out, Jefferson should have a longer NFL career ahead of him but the depth of my other WRs makes this an acceptable swap of talent for me.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the great debate guys! Much appreciated!

I accepted the trade.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goal is to balance a "win now" strategy with a "don't leverage my teams future". Yes, as pointed out, Jefferson should have a longer NFL career ahead of him but the depth of my other WRs makes this an acceptable swap of talent for me.
U can always try and swing a younger rb… shoot some offers out before accepting…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of age, Henry being 27 and his history last few years of extremely heavy work loads you got to wonder how long before he hits the wall.
Yep, was mentioning that the other day after seeing his high school workload. It could hit him like a ton of bricks, very sudden kinda like Gurley. A star one year, done the next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, was mentioning that the other day after seeing his high school workload. It could hit him like a ton of bricks, very sudden kinda like Gurley. A star one year, done the next year.
Gurley at least had prior injuries. But toure right. Tons of rbs just fall off..henrys been titanium. What was his highschool workload? Massive?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered this trade in my Sleeper Dynasty league. My current RBs & WRs are:

RB - A.Ekeler, M.Gaskin, C.Edmonds, Jamaal Williams, J.Conner, J.White, Darrel Williams, L.Murray, L.Roundtree(Taxi), Z.Moss

WR- T.Hill, S.Diggs, J.Jefferson, R.Anderson, A.Brown, J.Myers, Tyrell Williams, R.Cobb, D.Harris, Tylan Wallace(Taxi), Tutu Atwell(Taxi)

We start (2) ea RB & WR and (3) Flex

My initial thought was to decline it but to be honest I pretty much decline all trade offers because I feel they benefit the other team more but this one gave me pause.

Would you take or reject it?
Do it and win the league THIS YEAR!

You are so stacked at WR.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the great debate guys! Much appreciated!

I accepted the trade.
Damn it, late, now I can't take any credit.

Hope you slaughter and Thielen catches all the tuddies.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gurley at least had prior injuries. But toure right. Tons of rbs just fall off..henrys been titanium. What was his highschool workload? Massive?

is 313 a year alot?

Looks like 13 games so yeah. 462 sr year. 1397 carries in highschool yowza

<whispers>
there is ZERO statistical correlation between high school and college workloads leading to NFL injuries

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand Jefferson is going to have a new QB in 2023 and who that would be who knows? Some retread, raw rookie ( likely not a early first either as the Viking are nowhere near that bad). That could change things big time for Jefferson and possible for several years. Think Michael Thomas as a example how things can go wrong for a WR.
Well, yes, that is a possibility - - but things change every yr in the NFL. Just look what happened week 1 to the Titans with the loss of Arthur Smith as the brain-child. Would I do a deal with Henry and Jefferson involved, why sure - - just don't think I'd bite on a one for one in dynasty. ..... but likely the only person here that would agree is the WR whisperer Monkey.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yes, that is a possibility - - but things change every yr in the NFL. Just look what happened week 1 to the Titans with the loss of Arthur Smith as the brain-child. Would I do a deal with Henry and Jefferson involved, why sure - - just don't think I'd bite on a one for one in dynasty. ..... but likely the only person here that would agree is the WR whisperer Monkey.

I'd ship JJ off for Henry in a heartbeat if I'm contending.

Titans looked unprepared, played sloppy, made several mistakes that pros shouldn't.
They def looked exactly like a team that didn't practice together since half of them were on covid IR for preseason.

There's better days ahead this season for Henry, and I'd have a really hard time believing that we didn't just see his worst game of the year.
Gonna be a long few months if this is what the Titans are getting from their offense this season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd ship JJ off for Henry in a heartbeat if I'm contending.

Titans looked unprepared, played sloppy, made several mistakes that pros shouldn't.
They def looked exactly like a team that didn't practice together since half of them were on covid IR for preseason.

There's better days ahead this season for Henry, and I'd have a really hard time believing that we didn't just see his worst game of the year.
Gonna be a long few months if this is what the Titans are getting from their offense this season.
In a dynasty?