• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Jefferson straight-up for Derrick Henry?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered this trade in my Sleeper Dynasty league. My current RBs & WRs are:

RB - A.Ekeler, M.Gaskin, C.Edmonds, Jamaal Williams, J.Conner, J.White, Darrel Williams, L.Murray, L.Roundtree(Taxi), Z.Moss

WR- T.Hill, S.Diggs, J.Jefferson, R.Anderson, A.Brown, J.Myers, Tyrell Williams, R.Cobb, D.Harris, Tylan Wallace(Taxi), Tutu Atwell(Taxi)

We start (2) ea RB & WR and (3) Flex

My initial thought was to decline it but to be honest I pretty much decline all trade offers because I feel they benefit the other team more but this one gave me pause.

Would you take or reject it?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered this trade in my Sleeper Dynasty league. My current RBs & WRs are:

RB - A.Ekeler, M.Gaskin, C.Edmonds, Jamaal Williams, J.Conner, J.White, Darrel Williams, L.Murray, L.Roundtree(Taxi), Z.Moss

WR- T.Hill, S.Diggs, J.Jefferson, R.Anderson, A.Brown, J.Myers, Tyrell Williams, R.Cobb, D.Harris, Tylan Wallace(Taxi), Tutu Atwell(Taxi)

My initial thought was to decline it but to be honest I pretty much decline all trade offers because I feel they benefit the other team more but this one gave me pause.

Saw this exact same trade happen in another league. My thought is you need the help at RB and you’ll still have good WRs. So I’d do that deal, but certainly no guarantees what ever you decide.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

very easily, yes. Take Henry.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i dunno in dynasty… especially with an aging thielen depends on your team goals. Win now vs long term imho

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i dunno in dynasty… especially with an aging thielen depends on your team goals. Win now vs long term imho
Speaking of age, Henry being 27 and his history last few years of extremely heavy work loads you got to wonder how long before he hits the wall.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of age, Henry being 27 and his history last few years of extremely heavy work loads you got to wonder how long before he hits the wall.
Yep thats where i am. He maybe 1-2 great years left. He may be adrian peterson. Its a guess you have to make. If you guess 200 times 199 of thek hes not gonna last like ap or gore. People point to them and neglect the either 1k rbs that dont last. It absolutely could happen… but yeah. Jefferson should be there for what 7+ years? And thielen may be gone as early as next year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very easily, yes. Take Henry.
The RB hoarder has spoken ... but realistically you get maybe another productive(?) 2-3 yrs out of Henry whereas Jefferson has 8-10. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB hoarder has spoken ... but realistically you get maybe another productive(?) 2-3 yrs out of Henry whereas Jefferson has 8-10. ...
On the other hand Jefferson is going to have a new QB in 2023 and who that would be who knows? Some retread, raw rookie ( likely not a early first either as the Viking are nowhere near that bad). That could change things big time for Jefferson and possible for several years. Think Michael Thomas as a example how things can go wrong for a WR.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at which point, hopefully after three years, he can replace the WR.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand Jefferson is going to have a new QB in 2023 and who that would be who knows? Some retread, raw rookie ( likely not a early first either as the Viking are nowhere near that bad). That could change things big time for Jefferson and possible for several years. Think Michael Thomas as a example how things can go wrong for a WR.
Also. He was not the alpha wr in college he was 1b. He also started as the 1b in minny. Think this is a great example of @averagejoe thoughts, of a guy getting thrust into the #1 role. Does he have the same success?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i also wanna say that we are ALLL RB HOARDERS. But in many dynasty leagues young , stud , wrs are gold. In virtually EVERY dynasty ranking you see, jefferson is ahead of henry.

id ask for more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i also wanna say that we are ALLL RB HOARDERS. But in many dynasty leagues young , stud , wrs are gold. In virtually EVERY dynasty ranking you see, jefferson is ahead of henry.

id ask for more.

This is true, but they also list other WRs like Metcalf and AJ Brown ahead of him. However the rankings really don't reflect the severe shortage of workhorse RBs and in actual drafts Henry will get drafted 100% of the time ahead of Jefferson.

Edit: Maybe not in a start up dynasty

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but they also list other WRs like Metcalf and AJ Brown ahead of him. However the rankings really don't reflect the severe shortage of workhorse RBs and in actual drafts Henry will get drafted 100% of the time ahead of Jefferson.
In dynasty?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my edit
Ahh got yah. I guess thats what i was thinking.

oddly, i just referenced fantasydata and fantasyfootballcalculator for 2021 dynasty adp. Both dont have jefferson listed lol. Some of their rankings are diffrent so its not that they use the same source

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In dynasty?
I had no start up dynasty league this season. Last year I had one and yes Henry went way earlier, but of course Jefferson was a rookie and now things would be much closer.