• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for a change of subject

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Smith for sure.

I like Dez for the most part, keep him if you can, but don't break the bank.

Murray is a nice back, but in today's game, he's the most expendable unless he wants to play for cheap over the next 3-4 years.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still still wouldn't say he offer better value. Twist your very smart dude you know that's not an apple to apples comparison. Murray rushing and receiving attempts combined out number Dez's so yeah I would think that his yards from scrimmage would be greater. This is a passing offense and there have been games when Dez had zero catches from minimal targets. I think the bottom line is you hate Dez and don't want him to be a Cowboy keep it real.

I don't hate Dez. I dislike Dez. I dislike he wont put the extra effort in to learn to run routes.
I dislike he thinks he is a good as CJ
I dislike him walking off the field with time left.
I dislike us having to spend millions on babysitters to keep him out of off field trouble.
I dislike him blowing up on the sidelines

Now let me tell you why I really dislike him.

This team has run with guys like that before.... and it didn't work.
We have quality people on this team like Lee now. Total professional.
Did you see the way Murray went to Garrett Sunday? Total professional.
You see how Witten handles himself? Total professional.
See how Dez handles himself? Total spoiled brat at Daycare.

Is what it is with me.
Was Mike vocal on the sidelines? Certainly..... and the team responded. He also has 3 rings and deserved the respect.
You see how the team responds to Dez? It's either a sideline arguement or they blow him off. Now tell me who the last player on this team that did that was? Oh I know the answer to that one too. TO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 1 more thing ..... to those that say this is a passing offense.

It wasn't intended to be. Or Barber would have never gotten the contract he did.

It's been a passing offense because we couldn't run the ball worth a shit. (Add in the entire O-line has been replaced since Wade left. Free is the only player on the O-line that was even on the team and he wasn't a starter)

Now we can run the ball. And it SHOULD damn well change.

I don't play fantasy football. I like Cowboys wins. It's proven we run ball we win.

Forgot to add this in .... Not only did we pay Barber HUGE.... we drafted another running back in the 1st. This was intended to be a running team just a few years ago.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 1 more thing ..... to those that say this is a passing offense.

It wasn't intended to be. Or Barber would have never gotten the contract he did.

It's been a passing offense because we couldn't run the ball worth a shit. (Add in the entire O-line has been replaced since Wade left. Free is the only player on the O-line that was even on the team and he wasn't a starter)

Now we can run the ball. And it SHOULD damn well change.

I don't play fantasy football. I like Cowboys wins. It's proven we run ball we win.

Forgot to add this in .... Not only did we pay Barber HUGE.... we drafted another running back in the 1st. This was intended to be a running team just a few years ago.

Along the lines of spending a 1 on a RB after we had paid Barber....how would Eddie Lacy have looked in the 2nd round now? Talk about ground and pound

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jerry and his love of receivers you are likely right on which one we will keep.

We will overpay Dez rather than underpay Murray and take a huge step forward to fixing this team.

I seriously pray we sign Smith first though. That will give us an idea of what we are looking at cap wise for the future.

The biggest thing that gets me with Dez though is that he has already publically stated he thinks he is as good a Calvin Johnson. So I already know he thinks he deserves a 120 million dollar contract. AND NO THANK YOU to that type of contract for a .500 team that is in cap hell.

Not to mention I love what we have in your young guys with BeasLey and Williams. So if it were me ..... Dez is not the must keep. and other than Smith has the most trade value

People took Dez's comment out of context, he didn't say he was as good as Calvin. He said he could do the things that Calvin does. The media took that and ran with it. Dez is a beast, and he makes unbelievable catches at times, like the catch in the back of the endzone against Green Bay. That was Calvin like. While I do not believe Dez is as good as Calvin, I do agree he can do the same things Calvin does. I know Dez needs 100+ yards and 7 catches to match last season, but how many times has Romo noodle armed him the ball this season when he was wide open? Its happened a good bit this season. It happened three times in the Green Bay game alone. 3 more TD's Dez could have had and crap more yards in that game alone. To be honest, to lose either of those 3 players would hurt, and I doubt you find a guy in the draft to replace either. At least not right away.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think its unfair to compare Murray to Dez when it comes to yards and TDs. Murray is the featured back, he is going to get 9 out of every 10 carries. He hasn't had a lot of competition in the back field either, Dez has to compete with two other receivers and a HOF Tight end. Yes I think Witten will get into the Hall.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think its unfair to compare Murray to Dez when it comes to yards and TDs. Murray is the featured back, he is going to get 9 out of every 10 carries. He hasn't had a lot of competition in the back field either, Dez has to compete with two other receivers and a HOF Tight end. Yes I think Witten will get into the Hall.

The comparison was which is more valuable to the team.

Dez can put up his yards .... and we still lose.

Murray puts up his we win.

And if you look at everyone talking about Sundays game .... No matter if Romo starts or Orton... What is everyone saying... Feed Murray. Haven't seen a single person yet saying if we feed/force it to Dez we win.

Now before everyone realized what Murray met to this offense I did see awhole lot of Fade to Dez comments...... Cause that's the only thing he excels at.