• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

June

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 hit, one FUCKing hit though 6... The wheels may be coming off

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice 8.5 games back now, oh wait we still in the wild card right ? wow amazing, don't worry it's still June, it's not a sprint its a marathon some might say, right ? what a joke this team has become. :L

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we are in June and it is time to start worrying about this team. I agree with the observations about poor hitting, the BP and the Defense.

The Dodgers certainly have a shot at coming back to win the Division, but if nothing changes, that becomes extremely doubtful. The WC is a definite possibility, but that, too, could slip away.

Trades are difficult to make unless the Dodgers are willing to eat a lot of money. Any of the OFers, except for Puig, of course, could and probably should be traded. None of the infielders are beyond being traded either. Besides Jansen, Howell and Withrow, any of the RP's could be traded.

The SP's are not the problem.

So, who do you trade for? Who can you trade for? Do you want to win now or later?

No easy fix is in sight. But the players can take some responsibility and play with the hunger to win. Above all else, I see the attitude as the Dodgers biggest problem.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly says there's no chemistry; the team isn't pulling together. But ultimately that has to fall on him. Don's a nice guy and I like him on a personal level, but he seems incapable of inspiring his players and pushing them to play to their potential. I think this bunch of guys needs a hard nosed manager who will ride their butts until they start playing.

And what's up with McGwire? The whole team is in a hitting slump. A new hitting coach is needed.

I hope Colletti is burning the midnight oil to try to find the right ingredients to make this team start clicking.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers certainly need a change in management and clubhouse culture. I never understood extending Mattingly's contract and I thought that would have been a great moment for Kasten to step up and claim what the new cultural identity: The buck stops with me (Kasten).

Instead they let Mattingly go on some kind of post season "poor me" media spree and eventually capitulated to his demands of security.

The Dodgers won in spite of Don Mattingly last year. I agree with Old1949, he seems like an affable guy. But he does not command respect in the clubhouse.

Bottom line.... The Red Sox dumped Crawford, Beckett and Gonzalez on LA and went on to win a World Series with the new financial freedom. I would love to see Kasten work with a stocked up farm system and a clean contract slate - none of these bloated contracts.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice 8.5 games back now, oh wait we still in the wild card right ? wow amazing, don't worry it's still June, it's not a sprint its a marathon some might say, right ? what a joke this team has become. :L

9 games back

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National/local media starting to pick up on Dodger deficiencies.... Olney has an ESPN Insider article up and the LA Times has a similar article up on the mess the Dodgers are right now.

You are welcome for bringing this news to you early on in the season. The Dodgers started out like the 2013 September Dodgers - shitty and sloppy. Nothing changed.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dee Gordon shines. 3 for 4, 2 triples, 3 RBIs, and a SB. He's struggled a little lately (like all players do from time to time) but overall he's had an amazing first 1/3 of the season. Dee is such a nice kid that I really want him to continue to succeed.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Dodgers lose to the coldest team in baseball.... I think things are about to get shook up. Clubhouse discontent rumors swirling, national media noting what an embarrassment thus is from a payroll standpoint and marquee players not even putting effort out. Dark days ahead.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly, the Dodgers are a mere 1/2 game out of a WC spot. Imagine what they could do if the players were actually hungry to win.

Have you noticed the Dodgers Bench of late? Romax, Fed-X, Rojas and SVS/Ethier. Our starting catcher is Drew Butera. Gordon and Puig have hip issues.

The BP still has Chris Perez and Brian Wilson.

It's no wonder this team is struggling.

What is Kasten and Ned doing about it? :scratch:

What are the Players doing about it? :scratch:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants sucked off the baseball Gods, they win in every possible ridiculous way, fuck them.

This is the first time this season I'm thinking Wild Card is really looking like our best option, and I think we'll grab one of those spots. To stay in the division race we need to be 5 games out by July.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the talent. I have to believe that it's between the ears. I don't think the players are responding to Donnie. He just doesn't command respect. I think he would make a great bench coach or hitting coach, but not skipper. And when the entire bullpen is garbage, I can't say that it's just the bunch of individuals. Chuck Crim, the bullpen coach needs to go. And so does McGuire. Absolutely no reason we should be spending all this money on these players, when we have coaches who can't coach. I say replace those two (ASAP) with two coaches who can do a great job, and then go from there. If after a year we don't see results, then Donnie has to go.

Looking at the roster, there is no reason that these guys can't win multiple rings together. The guns are there. But these guys have to start buying in. We saw a glimpse of it last year, so we know it's there; they are capable. No reason to get rid of them, they just need to get their heads screwed on right. They need inspiration and discipline. As far as defense, it's not like these guys can't play defense; obviously they can. But they are not focused out there. Again, it really doesn't matter why (could be LA, could be the $$, could be lack of discipline), but it needs to be addressed.

The season obviously not over, nor are we out of anything. But fuck, we've known that these problems have been here (consistent offense, defense, and bullpen) for multiple seasons. THey haven't really gone away. The offense got better last year, and the bullpen got better during the streak, but before and after, it was terrible.

After you recognize the problem, you have to fix it. Time to take drastic measures. Crim and Mac need to go ASAP. Donnie needs to be in the hotseat. Longer we wait, the longer we go with the same results. Time's ticking on the season.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers Win the rain-shortened rubber game in Denver, 6-1! Kershaw with the CG Win

We need to win the series in Cincy...

#ILoveLA

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers Win the rain-shortened rubber game in Denver, 6-1! Kershaw with the CG Win

We need to win the series in Cincy...

#ILoveLA

Giants 21 games over .500 - this team needs to find an unreal gear to make up 19 wins

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bright side of Hanley underperforming? He'll command a little bit less money from us at the end of the year. I think Hanley will be fine, we've seen what Hanley can do when he's hot so even if he does have cold stretches, I would still take what we brings to the table. The Hanley we saw from the NLDS last year is worth it, and had he not been hit by that pitch, who knows what we could have done against the Cardinals. I believe the Atlanta series was Hanley's first playoff series and he absolutely dominated. I believe he'll get hot by year's end.

The Dodgers need a spark right now, and sadly we don't have Puig waiting in the wings to give these guys another boost. I agree with CatsTopPac, the issue is not the talent, the issue is the mentality. I think Donnie has just about worn out his welcome, his choice in lineups have always bothered me. Cross your fingers and hope for no more injuries the rest of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers win tonight and VanSlyke is the hitting star. The guy certainly has power, especially against Lefties.

The focus now is on the WC Race, unless the Dodgers can muster a charge at the Giants. I'd like to see the Dodgers settle on a stable lineup, but injuries have a lot to do with disrupting that notion.

The Dodgers can help themselves by trading an OFer, but pulling the trigger on any such trade isn't easy.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing Van Slyke getting some playing time and reps at the plate. I worry he will strikeout a bit, but how is that any different from Kemp?

Ethier is probably the most tradable piece that will require the least amount of cash for the Dodgers to kick in. Kemp is an awful scenario - the injuries have taken their toll in the field and clearly the power at the plate is not what it used to be. With his huge contract, the Dodgers would have to kick in a tremendous amount of dough to make anything happen - is that worth it? I dunno.

Otherwise, call Joc up. Do not resign Hanley. Ride out this awful year. Heck, maybe try to move Beckett. He's pitching well and could be a great mid season pick up for a contender. Move League right now if possible - his value will never get better.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing Van Slyke getting some playing time and reps at the plate. I worry he will strikeout a bit, but how is that any different from Kemp?

Ethier is probably the most tradable piece that will require the least amount of cash for the Dodgers to kick in. Kemp is an awful scenario - the injuries have taken their toll in the field and clearly the power at the plate is not what it used to be. With his huge contract, the Dodgers would have to kick in a tremendous amount of dough to make anything happen - is that worth it? I dunno.

Otherwise, call Joc up. Do not resign Hanley. Ride out this awful year. Heck, maybe try to move Beckett. He's pitching well and could be a great mid season pick up for a contender. Move League right now if possible - his value will never get better.

I actually agree with this.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with this.

It's easy for me to sit back and armchair QB this thing, however management has to worry about filling seats. Until season tickets orders stop coming in and seats are empty, the Dodgers' brass will maintain status quo. They say it's about winning, but it's not. It's about a big market, the TV rights and generating revenue. They spent too much money to properly develop young talent and take the patient approach. The Dodgers will resign Han Ram for obnoxious dough just to get butts in the seats over the next few years.

While we know the right thing is to blend in some youth and learn now to win later, there is too much money on the bench to even consider that. And that is why the Dodgers will probably not win until Kasten can really sink his teeth into a deep farm system.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 wins in a row, we were looking good and now we manage 1 run in 18 innings and lose an important Grienke start as well as drop two in a row. This team just cannot get out of it's own way.

Meanwhile, Gonzalez is batting .246 - he is really fighting it.

I have to think the Arizona/Colorado home stand will determine the 2014 Dodgers fate. If they do not wine both of those series, moves have to be made. This is embarrassing.