• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

July Recruiting Period

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice get for the Gophers, after losing out on Thompson a couple days ago. Actually think Thomas is the slightly better prospect.

Gophers move up to #14 in 247sports rankings. 2 scholarships left out to give. Pitino laying the foundation for hopefully a good run.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC starting to get some serious CB movement for 5* Nassir Little.

Thinking the ideal Wake class would be Jaylen Hoard, Isaiah Mucius, Michael DeVoe and Sharone Wright.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova loses #3 PG Jahvon Quinerly to Zona.

Winning the national championship has done absolutely nothing for our recruiting, which is ... interesting to me. We've lost out on a ton of top recruits since 2016.

It seems kids would still rather go to the schools that are considered prep-to-pros hotbeds.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojo is making a pretty epic push for Quentin Grimes

With all the schools in on him, it's gonna be too late(if that even). But the reports are Wojo has gotten Grimes to legitimately entertain the idea of making the bold decision

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Porter brothers will both be freshman even though they are a year apart. This whole reclassifying thing is getting crazy and kind of confusing. Kind of sketchy too. How are all of these kids just able to go to college early? It's like they wake up one day and just decide they want to go to college whenever they want.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova loses #3 PG Jahvon Quinerly to Zona.

Winning the national championship has done absolutely nothing for our recruiting, which is ... interesting to me. We've lost out on a ton of top recruits since 2016.

It seems kids would still rather go to the schools that are considered prep-to-pros hotbeds.

Honestly, not really the worst thing for Nova IMO. Wright has proven he can without getting the elite of the elite high school talent. Jenkins was the 78th player in 2013, Hart the 86th player in 2013, Ochefu the 49th in 2012 and Arch the 57th in 2012(according to 247 sports). Neither Booth nor Bridges were top 50 players. Bronson was the only top 25 guy on the roster when Nova won the title. I just remember guys like Cheek and Wayns who were highly rated prospects, who were to self involved and caused Nova to have those couple down years(by Nova standards).

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Mizzou on their impending 2nd round NIT loss

I think they can get into the tournament. They have some solid returning starters along with Canisius transfer Kassius Robertson who averaged 16 ppg and shot 41% from 3.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Jones committing Sunday. Gotta be Duke

However, tyus tweeted in response telling him to write his own story

Push for gophs?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, not really the worst thing for Nova IMO. Wright has proven he can without getting the elite of the elite high school talent. Jenkins was the 78th player in 2013, Hart the 86th player in 2013, Ochefu the 49th in 2012 and Arch the 57th in 2012(according to 247 sports). Neither Booth nor Bridges were top 50 players. Bronson was the only top 25 guy on the roster when Nova won the title. I just remember guys like Cheek and Wayns who were highly rated prospects, who were to self involved and caused Nova to have those couple down years(by Nova standards).

Yes, Wright's foundation will always be 3 and 4 year players.

But you figured a natty would be worth snagging a few 5-star guys just from them watching it on TV. Pretty soon, it will be a distant memory.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Jones committing Sunday. Gotta be Duke

However, tyus tweeted in response telling him to write his own story

Push for gophs?

If we landed him, I seriously think we could be FF contenders in 2018-2019, assuming a guy like Coffey stays. We would have some serious depth. Back court of Tre, Jelly Fam, Pree, Harris and Gabe, with Coffey, Murphy, Thomas, Oturu, Stockman(Louisville transfer) and Fitzgerald is icing on the cake if he adds anything, plus Hurt(who I think could make a big leap)

All that said, he'll probably end up at Duke, and in his place I can see us landing a guy that is a 4 year player, who's a major contributor to the team. Good example would be missing out on Tyus, but instead landing Mason. Mason's done more for the program than Tyus ever would have considering he was 1 and done.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Wright's foundation will always be 3 and 4 year players.

But you figured a natty would be worth snagging a few 5-star guys just from them watching it on TV. Pretty soon, it will be a distant memory.

Yeah, you would have thought he would. I mean after the last 4 seasons(a 2 seed and three 1 seeds) it's pretty obvious Nova is a top 5 program at this point. My guess, and it's only a guess is that the elite guys don't see it as a pipeline to the pro's like a Kentucky, Duke, Arizona.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'm looking forward to the Jones decision as I believe he's a perfect fit at Duke. Here are some comments about him.

Antwan Harris, who coached both Tre and Tyus (now a reserve point guard for the Timberwolves) at Howard Pulley, including Tre’s 17-and-under team this season, said he thought Tre has superior “court speed” and a quicker first step than Tyus did as a high schooler, whereas Tyus was a superior pick-and-roll operator with a better feel for how to pace himself during games. Tre is a better defender than Tyus was, according to Harris, while Tyus topped him as a scorer. Characterizing the differences between the brothers’ games as “subtle,” Harris noted that Tre plays with more “overall tenacity” than Tyus did, while Tyus was “more savvy in his mind.”

Though Tre’s still coming around as a perimeter shooter (he knocked down 24% of his 41 attempts with Howard Pulley in the EYBL this season), he can fly by defenders off the dribble and get to the basket with ease. “I think that they’re both tremendous passers, they both have ridiculous basketball IQs,” says Evan Daniels, an analyst for Scout and 247 Sports. “And you can tell that Tre has been able to take and steal a lot of stuff from Tyus and that they’ve really worked together.”

Jones described the idea of playing with Garland as appealing. “We both have talked about it,” Jones says. “And we’d both be fine with playing off-ball at times throughout the game because we’d be able to feed off each other.”
“I don’t have a leader right now,” Jones said. “I’m just taking the process slow.” The biggest takeaway from the short session was that Tre is at least trying to make people believe he hasn’t made up his mind yet.

“I would be very surprised if [Jones] doesn’t choose Duke in the end,” says Andrew Slater, a national college basketball recruiting analyst for 247Sports.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slater is also a writer for the Devils Den (Duke) on 247 and is pretty good at making ACC-related predictions.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really want Jaylen Hoard.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can get into the tournament. They have some solid returning starters along with Canisius transfer Kassius Robertson who averaged 16 ppg and shot 41% from 3.

Mizzou returns their best players from last year and they are actually decent players. I think Mizzou lost like 9 games by less than 5 points.....including in OT to Xavier on a neutral court. Mizzou was messing a few things....a couple of high level players and a good coach. They have added star level players......and they have definitely improved their Head Coach (still TBD how much better he is). If Martin can be a solid coach, Mizzou should be pretty good

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Mizzou on their impending 2nd round NIT loss

Yeah, Mizzou has probably the best incoming freshman in the country to go along with an overall Top 5 class.....landed a very good Grad Transfer who avg 40% from 3 point range and also returns pretty much everybody from last season.

I think NCAA Tournament is a pretty safe bet for Mizzou

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Mizzou has probably the best incoming freshman in the country to go along with an overall Top 5 class.....landed a very good Grad Transfer who avg 40% from 3 point range and also returns pretty much everybody from last season.

I think NCAA Tournament is a pretty safe bet for Mizzou
Honestly I'd be surprised . Mizzou was out classed by nearly every decent team they played last year by quite a large margin. The new class is a great step but ultimately it'll probably just make them competitive again . A berth in the tourney is not out of the question but a few recruits isbt going to guarantee anything . As we saw at LSU and Washington the last few years you need depth to compete in a major conference. I think 17ish wins is likely . I've always liked Mizzou basketball so hopefully I'm wrong