• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

July Recruiting Period

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'd be surprised . Mizzou was out classed by nearly every decent team they played last year by quite a large margin. The new class is a great step but ultimately it'll probably just make them competitive again . A berth in the tourney is not out of the question but a few recruits isbt going to guarantee anything . As we saw at LSU and Washington the last few years you need depth to compete in a major conference. I think 17ish wins is likely . I've always liked Mizzou basketball so hopefully I'm wrong

LSU has nothing to do with Mizzou and its class. Washington had many factors including injuries. Its not just a few recruits....its big time recruits. Mizzou was not outclassed every game last year in fact they lost 9 games by 5 points or less....including to Xavier in OT. Kentucky only beat Mizzou by 10. They had several games were teams pulled away late, because we didn't have enough talented players. They do now and the players returning are good players.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU has nothing to do with Mizzou and its class. Washington had many factors including injuries. Its not just a few recruits....its big time recruits. Mizzou was not outclassed every game last year in fact they lost 9 games by 5 points or less....including to Xavier in OT. Kentucky only beat Mizzou by 10. They had several games were teams pulled away late, because we didn't have enough talented players. They do now and the players returning are good players.
I didn't say every game . They lost close games too but most to average or below average teams. I just don't see one class taking them from really quite bad to lock tourney level . It rarely happens like that . I think you'll see a good improvement but teams like Mizzou need to figure out how to win again.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say every game . They lost close games too but most to average or below average teams. I just don't see one class taking them from really quite bad to lock tourney level . It rarely happens like that . I think you'll see a good improvement but teams like Mizzou need to figure out how to win again.

They are adding 3 significant impact players(Porter brothers and Robertson(transfer from Canisius). They'll have a good mixture of talented youth players along with experienced players. You can't really compare the 2016 Washington team to this version of Missouri. Missouri has more experienced players and has better incoming freshman. And that LSU team had an awful coach and relied more on freshman as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are adding 3 significant impact players(Porter brothers and Robertson(transfer from Canisius). They'll have a good mixture of talented youth players along with experienced players. You can't really compare the 2016 Washington team to this version of Missouri. Missouri has more experienced players and has better incoming freshman. And that LSU team had an awful coach and relied more on freshman as well.
At the end of the day experience is good but Mizzou has averaged 9 wins the last 3 years . Yes they're adding some nice players but they're going to need to in prove by 11 wins minimum to contend for a tourney berth. I just cannot see it. Unless the 3 new guys are all top 10 SEC players the rest of the team is bad. Quite bad. I don't dislike Mizzou , I've actually always had an affinity for the program but I can't think of a similar situation on recent time where a major conference team was a sub 10 win average team for 3 years and then went right to making the tourney

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day experience is good but Mizzou has averaged 9 wins the last 3 years . Yes they're adding some nice players but they're going to need to in prove by 11 wins minimum to contend for a tourney berth. I just cannot see it. Unless the 3 new guys are all top 10 SEC players the rest of the team is bad. Quite bad. I don't dislike Mizzou , I've actually always had an affinity for the program but I can't think of a similar situation on recent time where a major conference team was a sub 10 win average team for 3 years and then went right to making the tourney

That would make sense, but when was the last time a team like that added a top 4 class, and an impact grad transfer? I just saw the Gophers go from 8 wins in 2016 to 23 in the regular season in 2017, and they didn't add the talent Missouri has coming in. If one of those returning players has a Nate Mason like leap, they'll be tournament bound.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make sense, but when was the last time a team like that added a top 4 class, and an impact grad transfer? I just saw the Gophers go from 8 wins in 2016 to 23 in the regular season in 2017, and they didn't add the talent Missouri has coming in. If one of those returning players has a Nate Mason like leap, they'll be tournament bound.
Valid points and it's why I said I wouldn't rule it completely out but there's a difference between a team having one down year due to injury / attrition like the Gophers did and a program in a steep decline like Mizzou . Gophers won 43 games the 2 years before their 8 win season . Mizzou has won 27 the last 3 years . The program is in worse shape than Iowas 08-11. Hopefully the Porter bros are legit . CBB is better when Mizzou is good

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official, Bagley is reclassified for 2017 and going to Duke. I kinda root for K in this era because he is atleast challenging the Coach Cal ridiculously of exposing this current system. The like of Izzo, Miller and Alford seem to be doing it as well. Roy Williams seems like he goes after 5 stars he thinks can stay 2 or 3 years as he prefers coaching his plays up through experience. Pitino is kind of in the same boat, but maybe he is going after top 15 players more often now.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official, Bagley is reclassified for 2017 and going to Duke. I kinda root for K in this era because he is atleast challenging the Coach Cal ridiculously of exposing this current system. The like of Izzo, Miller and Alford seem to be doing it as well. Roy Williams seems like he goes after 5 stars he thinks can stay 2 or 3 years as he prefers coaching his plays up through experience. Pitino is kind of in the same boat, but maybe he is going after top 15 players more often now.

Crazy.

Can't say I mind as much this year since Villanova is not expected to be a true contender.

But I wonder how Duke got him so easy. Why didn't he go to Arizona? They must be kicking themselves.

Or Villanova. We need a Power Forward. :dhd:

Crazy to think Coach K is telling his freshmen they need to transfer after a year because a better Top 10 recruit is coming in. Crazy how things change.

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reclassification of Bagley completely took Arizona out of the equation. Another reason I hate this BS. Congrats @douggie

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy.

Can't say I mind as much this year since Villanova is not expected to be a true contender.

But I wonder how Duke got him so easy. Why didn't he go to Arizona? They must be kicking themselves.

Or Villanova. We need a Power Forward. :dhd:

Crazy to think Coach K is telling his freshmen they need to transfer after a year because a better Top 10 recruit is coming in. Crazy how things change.

Well, his father is from Durham and played football at NC A&T State in Greensboro so he has a bunch of family living in the area already and he's very familiar with the surroundings. Plus he's the piece that Duke didn't have after several years of having that kind of player. Jabari Parker to Brandon Ingram to Jason Tatum and now Bagley.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Devon Dotson chooses Florida, so that could clear up a pathway for Michael Devoe to the Deacs.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* Jaylen Hoard is announcing his decision tomorrow. Fresh off of an unofficial visit to Wake.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* Jaylen Hoard is announcing his decision tomorrow. Fresh off of an unofficial visit to Wake.

You guys got 'em.

I don't know who he is, but getting a 5-star is a big step for Wake. Cross your fingers that UK and Duke don't pry him away somehow. Lol.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys got 'em.

I don't know who he is, but getting a 5-star is a big step for Wake. Cross your fingers that UK and Duke don't pry him away somehow. Lol.

Manning signed a consensus Top 40 guy last year, so he's turning into a pretty decent recruiter.

Hoard is originally from France, but he goes to a HS around 25 miles away from Wake's campus. Same HS that Theo Pinson, Harry Giles, Brandon Childress, Kwe Parker and Jalen Johnson went to. He also plays for Team CP3 (Chris Paul) on the AAU circuit.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little late but UConn just landed James Akinjo, 4 star PG from Cali.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big recruiting weekend coming up for Wake. They host Isaiah Mucius, Nate Laszewski and Michael Devoe.

I thought Laszewski was going to commit to ND during the weekend, guess he is planning to take all of his visits. Still think he ends up at ND. The catholic connection is a pretty strong tool for ND.

Think Wake has a pretty good shot at landing Mucius.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big recruiting weekend coming up for Wake. They host Isaiah Mucius, Nate Laszewski and Michael Devoe.

I thought Laszewski was going to commit to ND during the weekend, guess he is planning to take all of his visits. Still think he ends up at ND. The catholic connection is a pretty strong tool for ND.

Think Wake has a pretty good shot at landing Mucius.

Yeah, I thought UConn was gonna make a good run at him, but seemed like Wake had too big of a lead to overcome for Mucius.

They've been the favorite for a while now, at least according to the stuff being posted on the Uconn board.