• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joy Quitler will start. do you care?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder what Cutler did to make Lions fans hate hime so bad. Is this all from the Suh push? because he did not make that call, the ref did.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Bears O-line is much improved. Cutler has also been getting the ball out much quicker. That helps the O-line as well. I think overall, Cutler has had a very good year before getting hurt. His decision making has been vastly improved. Having said that, do you have confidence in him coming back so early? McCown played very well on the road in a tough enviroment. This game is at home. Why rush Cutler back when there is still half of the season left? Are you on board with the decision or would you prefer they wait to bring him back?

What advantages do you see your squad having and what do you feel their biggest weakness is?

On the otherside of that, what's your take on the Lions with those same questions?

What do the Bears have to do to come away with a victory?

None of us are close enough to the situation to unequivocally say he is coming back too early. If he isnt, then its assumed that the truth isnt being disclosed. All Ive heard from him and others is he is 100 %, and ready to go. This is what we know- He has a history of being a quick healer. He wasnt limited in yesterdays, or todays practices, and has done everything that he was asked to do. Based on that, Im inclined to believe he is ready. Does that mean he cant re injure? Of course not. If I could guarantee that the improved pieces surrounding the QB will play as the body of work has shown, sitting him could be an option. Obviously, I dont know what will happen- but I am confident that Jay can make more plays on his own if sub par performances from others on offense materialize.

Truth be told- it looks pretty even. Both offenses can score- our defense is marginally worse overall, but the Lions get an edge in 3rd down situations. Bears are one of the least penalized teams in the league on both sides of the ball.

Bears have to play a little better defense- they stepped up the pass rush some vs GB. Free cheese for Stafford if we cant disrupt. Lions can take adavantage of some of the horrendous defensive alignements that have led to huge ground gains. Bears Offense needs to keep up the good work.

I fully expect the Lions to score enough points to win. At 30 pts a game, the Bears can score, too. High scoring game that can go either way, imo.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement fits pretty much everything you post. Ironic that you'd be the one to type it...

Explain to me how everything I post is garbage?

Must have really been slathering on the Vagisil to get back so fast!

Wow, brilliant insight. Didn't you just say something about garbage?

Could be worse, our team could be from Chicago where there's people like... you. Plus you guys have that annoying fucking accent- stop acting like a bunch of fucking Boston wannabe's. Nobody around Chicago has any accent, yet people from the city have a heavy one, how stupid is that?

Between Chicago, South Bend, and the state of Ohio, it's like they took everything shitty and put it just south of Michigan...

I'm not from Chicago, don't talk with an accent, and I don't want to be from Boston. Nor do I care about South Bend or Ohio.

I do think it's funny how fans of certain fanbases are still trying to hold on to the whole "Quitler" thing, though.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder what Cutler did to make Lions fans hate hime so bad. Is this all from the Suh push? because he did not make that call, the ref did.

I remember when the bears traded Kyle Orton for Gay Cutler. People on the old and shitty message board didn't like Cutler back then. He has always been seen here as a talented head case.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I believe this is the Detroit Lions board. Trash-talking our divisional rivals is our prerogative. If I wanted to have a civil conversation with a Bears fan I'd come to the Bear's board, and I wouldn't be all but-hurt when I discover the threads talking shit about the Lions.

My comment was in response to a Lion's fan, clamoring for civil discussions?

It was a perfectly reasonable response.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was in response to a Lion's fan, clamoring for civil discussions?

It was a perfectly reasonable response.

Oh yeah!? Well... I'm not really sure, actually.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe if the thread title and
subsequent dialogue wasn't a steaming pile of troll dung, the good football
conversations and respectful attitudes would be in more abundance. ;)
That's what happens when you peruse the Lions board. Not exactly sure what you were expecting to find. :noidea:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe if the thread title and subsequent dialogue wasn't a steaming pile of troll dung, the good football conversations and respectful attitudes would be in more abundance. ;)

Not sure you understand the definition of troll. This is a Lions board. Trolling would be pasting this thread on the Bears board.

I prefer Cutler over Josh, I wouldn't get much satisfaction watching McCown quit or cry, there's only one guy that can pull it off for a Oscar nomination and that is Mr. Jay Cutler!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I believe this is the Detroit Lions board. Trash-talking our divisional rivals is our prerogative. If I wanted to have a civil conversation with a Bears fan I'd come to the Bear's board, and I wouldn't be all but-hurt when I discover the threads talking shit about the Lions.

Talking shit is fine, talking stupid is well stupid.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by tpaulus_2

Must have really been slathering on the
Vagisil to get back so fast!

Wow, brilliant insight. Didn't you
just say something about garbage?

The Vagisil comment was brilliant. Your response to not seeing that was garbage. Were your feelings hurt because a fan of a rival team made a funny at your QB's expense? Good lord, grow a pair cause that comment was funny.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe if the thread title and subsequent dialogue wasn't a steaming pile of troll dung, the good football conversations and respectful attitudes would be in more abundance. ;)
Would also like to add that the JimRomeflamer guy decided to take a shot at the city of Detroit as well. Not a good way to start out a conversation eh? But yeah, it was just the Lions' fans dialogue that was trolling. Dumbass.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vagisil comment was brilliant. Your response to not seeing that was garbage. Were your feelings hurt because a fan of a rival team made a funny at your QB's expense? Good lord, grow a pair cause that comment was funny.

Funny how? Whats funny is you Lion fans think there is no difference between our starter and backup. Hey if that helps you sleep at night. Cutler is gonna go off on Det, then you'll have to come up with more excuses of why you can't beat him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you'll have to come up with more excuses of why you can't beat him.
Not sure if you missed the first matchup this year or not buuuuut......
Best-NFL-Week-4-GIFs-Detroit-Lions-RB-Reggie-Bush-Hurdles-Past-Chicago-Bears-Defense.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how? Whats funny is you Lion fans think there is no difference between our starter and backup. Hey if that helps you sleep at night. Cutler is gonna go off on Det, then you'll have to come up with more excuses of why you can't beat him.

I actually think your backup gives you a better chance of winning. But whatever makes you feel better is good by me. Don't you guys have a thread discussing Cutler and how he should keep healing? If you don't, you should.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Cutler gets sacked a million times and Suh plows him like a virgin in a ****o..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when you peruse the Lions board. Not exactly sure what you were expecting to find. :noidea:

I honestly couldn't give two shits what ya guys do or say over here...

It was a response to LPinSLC. Seemed like the obvious answer to his query??

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would also like to add that the JimRomeflamer guy decided to take a shot at the city of Detroit as well. Not a good way to start out a conversation eh? But yeah, it was just the Lions' fans dialogue that was trolling. Dumbass.

Did you even read what I quoted?

It was a specific response to a specific poster. And whoever took the shot at the city, was probably reacting to the thread title...(first shot), and the actual start to the conversation.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read what I quoted?

It was a specific response to a specific poster. And whoever took the shot at the city, was probably reacting to the thread title...(first shot), and the actual start to the conversation.

Yeah, but this is all on the lions boards. No one went to the bears board and posted this thread. But all of you bears fans rush over here with your feelings hurt because lions fans dont think cutler is that good? Why do you care so much? But if your fans are stupid enough to start trashing the city of detroit you are foolish.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maaaaaybe, and I'm just stating the obvious here. When someone refers to "past experiences" they are referring to the past, as in, not the present. I would think that my post was pretty clear of that. I see how the verbage got you confused.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly couldn't give two shits what ya guys do or say over here...
Now that's not true. Otherwise, u wouldn't poke in here to see what's going on. Even if you saw this thread on the main board, it tells ya where it originated from. So you do actually care otherwise you wouldn't have put in your $.02