• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joy Quitler will start. do you care?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It funny, I thought no matter if it were McCown or Quitler it was essentially the same QB. They have both been running the offense with about the same efficiency. The Bears offensively haven't really seemed to have lost much with her on the field. Obviously the Bears fans take offense to the fact that there wasnt a drop off from the starter to their backup for some reason. But it would seem most Lions fans think Cutler actually hurts the Bears. That is funny to me. I stand by my story. It doesn't matter either way. Whatever the QB the Bears play, the Lions chances to win or lose this game don't change.

The reason for the lack of dropoff youve observed can attributed to an o line that is much improved, and now there is multiple downfield receiving threats. That has taken pressure off the QB that would otherwise force him to make more plays on his own. In years past, when Cutler didnt play- the backup QBs didnt show the ability that was required to overcome often seen protection breakdowns and the very limited receiving personnel. IOW- The improvements on offense this year have lessened the degree of difficulty for the QB.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for the lack of dropoff youve observed can attributed to an o line that is much improved, and now there is multiple downfield receiving threats. That has taken pressure off the QB that would otherwise force him to make more plays on his own. In years past, when Cutler didnt play- the backup QBs didnt show the ability that was required to overcome often seen protection breakdowns and the very limited receiving personnel. IOW- The improvements on offense this year have lessened the degree of difficulty for the QB.

So then you agree that it doesnt matter if Cutler or McCown is playing back there? Your team has the same odds (no matter what you think they are) of winning this game.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a real opportunity here. They could trade for J. Martin so Cutler wouldn't have to feel like the biggest pussy on the team.

Having a punter and kicker hasn't done it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you agree that it doesnt matter if Cutler or McCown is playing back
there?
That was what I took away from it too. ;)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a real opportunity here. They could trade for J. Martin so Cutler
wouldn't have to feel like the biggest pussy on the team.
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you agree that it doesnt matter if Cutler or McCown is playing back there? Your team has the same odds (no matter what you think they are) of winning this game.

Not quite. Im saying that if the pieces surrounding the QB continue to do what they have done, the lower degree of difficulty will maintain the small dropoff in QB play that we have observed. If they dont, Cutler has more ability to make plays when protection breakdowns become more frequent and/or instances when there are fewer receiving targets. Youre saying the odds are the same. That would be the case if Im going to assume that the O line plays like the body of work has indicated and the 3 down field targets continue to make an impact. If not, Id rather have Cutler back there because he has already shown the ability to make plays under a higher degree of difficulty. Hope that helps.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a real opportunity here. They could trade for J. Martin so Cutler wouldn't have to feel like the biggest pussy on the team.

Having a punter and kicker hasn't done it.

LMAO that is Gold.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite. Im saying that if the pieces surrounding the QB continue to do what they have done, the lower degree of difficulty will maintain the small dropoff in QB play that we have observed. If they dont, Cutler has more ability to make plays when protection breakdowns become more frequent and/or instances when there are fewer receiving targets. Youre saying the odds are the same. That would be the case if Im going to assume that the O line plays like the body of work has indicated and the 3 down field targets continue to make an impact. If not, Id rather have Cutler back there because he has already shown the ability to make plays under a higher degree of difficulty. Hope that helps.

A simple yes would have been sufficient.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Cabrera hobble around the last month of the season a torn groin muscle aint no joke. And with A QB that has to run and move laterally I would think the Bears would have gone with the backup.

If Cutler goes and can't finish he will be trashed even worse than he has in the past. And as much as I like to see Cutler get trucked I have to admit he has performed better than I thought he would and has been tougher than I remember him at the beginning of his career.

I would expect a lot of three step drops and quick hitters to get the ball out of his hands quickly. the thought of Suh chasing him down has to create some night sweats for him!

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A simple yes would have been sufficient.

If I agreed with you, that would have been an option. I apologize for offering an explanation to someone who thinks "yes" and ""not quite" are synonymous terms.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I agreed with you, that would have been an option. I apologize for offering an explanation to someone who thinks "yes" and ""not quite" are synonymous terms.

I appreciate the dialogue. I think you are getting some tough responses due to past experiences from other Bears fans that have come to our board.

I welcome good football conversation. Thanks for coming over without the snarky attitude.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the dialogue. I think you are getting some tough responses due to past experiences from other Bears fans that have come to our board.

I welcome good football conversation. Thanks for coming over without the snarky attitude.

Maaaaybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe if the thread title and subsequent dialogue wasn't a steaming pile of troll dung, the good football conversations and respectful attitudes would be in more abundance. ;)

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate that. If I dont agree with something I generally explain why. It works better than "snarkiness", lol.

:suds:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with the thread title?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe if the thread title and subsequent dialogue wasn't a steaming pile of troll dung, the good football conversations and respectful attitudes would be in more abundance. ;)

Call me crazy, but I believe this is the Detroit Lions board. Trash-talking our divisional rivals is our prerogative. If I wanted to have a civil conversation with a Bears fan I'd come to the Bear's board, and I wouldn't be all but-hurt when I discover the threads talking shit about the Lions.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I believe this is the Detroit Lions board. Trash-talking our divisional rivals is our prerogative. If I wanted to have a civil conversation with a Bears fan I'd come to the Bear's board, and I wouldn't be all but-hurt when I discover the threads talking shit about the Lions.

Ive been nothing but civil here and havent found it necessarily returned. Why is does that need to be the criteria for civil discussion anyways? That should be able to take place on either board.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been nothing but civil here and havent found it necessarily returned. Why is does that need to be the criteria for civil discussion anyways? That should be able to take place on either board.

I got no beef with you. You've been perfectly civil thus far.

My comment was in response to the guy bitching about the thread title.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no beef with you. You've been perfectly civil thus far.

My comment was in response to the guy bitching about the thread title.

Fair enough...but judging from the emoticon, I dont think my fellow Bear fan is as serious as you might think.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Bears O-line is much improved. Cutler has also been getting the ball out much quicker. That helps the O-line as well. I think overall, Cutler has had a very good year before getting hurt. His decision making has been vastly improved. Having said that, do you have confidence in him coming back so early? McCown played very well on the road in a tough enviroment. This game is at home. Why rush Cutler back when there is still half of the season left? Are you on board with the decision or would you prefer they wait to bring him back?

What advantages do you see your squad having and what do you feel their biggest weakness is?

On the otherside of that, what's your take on the Lions with those same questions?

What do the Bears have to do to come away with a victory?