• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman wants to be highest paid Cornerback

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't quite as effective when Benwikere got hurt. We also have to pay Kawaan Short and Lotulelei next year, so something's going to have to give. I lean toward keeping J-No, cause shutdown corners are hard to find.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. Did he say he didn't want to be there?
Didn't he say he wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL? That sounds like a threat to me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he say he wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL? That sounds like a threat to me.

Sounds like the start of negotiations to me. He sets a high mark, the Panthers low ball him, spend the next 5 months finding a middle ground.

Every free agent coming off an all pro year wants to be the highest paid player at their position. I don't see this as some kind of hostile threat, just the nature of the business.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the start of negotiations to me. He sets a high mark, the Panthers low ball him, spend the next 5 months finding a middle ground.

Every free agent coming off an all pro year wants to be the highest paid player at their position. I don't see this as some kind of hostile threat, just the nature of the business.
I wouldn't want this guy playing on my team. Just saying.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it's hard to stay on-top ..... So many players think "they're" the reason your team had success, when it reality they're PART of the reason you had success, NOT the full reason ... TEAM game ...

There are those who are clearly a cut above and deserve the most.

But performance is not linear. Statistics should not dictate all.

Many times a great player on defense doesn't have the stats cause nobody goes his way.

And just because somebody gets 40 receptions doesn't mean they should get half as much as a guys who gets 80.

It's very deceiving and fubar.

I hate the Cap but think of the salaries marginal talents would generate without it?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played well against us.

I said FLACCO. You know I didn't want to mention anything chf, but you've been treating, A LOT of people, with a lot of disrespect, even your own wife.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said FLACCO. You know I didn't want to mention anything chf, but you've been treating, A LOT of people, with a lot of disrespect, even your own wife.

Wive(s). I disrespected them so much, they've been gone for 10 and 20 years respectively.

Still not sure what this latest response about Flacco means exactly, I got that the first time. Most overrated since Flacco. I disagree. He's mouthier than Sherm even, but seems to back it up. He did against us.

You got some examples of him getting toasted from the last two years?

I can show you plenty of Peterson being torched. Hell, even Sherm got lit up a few times last year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wive(s). I disrespected them so much, they've been gone for 10 and 20 years respectively.

Still not sure what this latest response about Flacco means exactly, I got that the first time. Most overrated since Flacco. I disagree. He's mouthier than Sherm even, but seems to back it up. He did against us.

You got some examples of him getting toasted from the last two years?

I can show you plenty of Peterson being torched. Hell, even Sherm got lit up a few times last year.

looooool

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a great year last year, but C'mon, he shouldn't be asking for $16M per season. That is 14% more than guys like Peterson, Revis and Sherman make, and those guys have been great for more than just one season.

This is what makes it so hard to keep a great team together. Carolina built a SB contending team and then suddenly players start thinking the teams success was all about them and they want all the money in the world despite the fact that it will likely weaken their own team and weaken their chances of winning in the future.

Report: Josh Norman wants to be NFL's top-paid CB at $16M a year
Josh Norman was terrible in the last game against the Seahawks and the playoffs. If the Cards want to pay Josh that much, then more power to them.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Norman was terrible in the last game against the Seahawks and the playoffs. If the Cards want to pay Josh that much, then more power to them.

I think you're mixing up your CB's. Norman is a Panther.