• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman wants to be highest paid Cornerback

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone better let the Jets know they're trying to trade Wilkerson

You're right. If a player has signed the tender, then yes, they can be traded. If they don't sign, the team can't trade him. Wilkerson has signed. Now, I'm not sure if there is a contract formula specifically for these situations, but I'm reading that Wilkerson would be due 50+ mil guaranteed from the team that trades for him. So, basically, he's untradable if that's true.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. If a player has signed the tender, then yes, they can be traded. If they don't sign, the team can't trade him. Wilkerson has signed. Now, I'm not sure if there is a contract formula specifically for these situations, but I'm reading that Wilkerson would be due 50+ mil guaranteed from the team that trades for him. So, basically, he's untradable if that's true.

Someone out there might pay it since Justin Smith retired he's the best 5 tech in the league and he would be a damn good 3 tech in a 43, so what he's asking isn't out of line. It might be hard to find a team that wants to throw a high draft pick in on top of the mega contract though the Jets haven't been the most reasonable team to trade with in the past(last off season they thought Dee Milliner was worth a 1st :crazy:). He will probably cost a 2nd at least because the Jets would get a 3rd round comp pick if they just keep him this year then let him walk in FA next off season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 mil per??? lol. Get any decent CB and spend that 16 mil on pass rushers and you will be a much better team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't quite as effective when Benwikere got hurt. We also have to pay Kawaan Short and Lotulelei next year, so something's going to have to give. I lean toward keeping J-No, cause shutdown corners are hard to find.
I think pretty clearly the Panthers should extend Short and Norman and let Lotulelei walk. Star is a great player but the draft seems to pump those kinds of DTs out every year.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pretty clearly the Panthers should extend Short and Norman and let Lotulelei walk. Star is a great player but the draft seems to pump those kinds of DTs out every year.
Bold: maybe, but they just gave him (Star) the 5th-year tag. Fact is, after releasing Edwards, and Love ready to sign elsewhere, Panthers are down to 2 DT's. But I agree, of the 3, losing Star is the most palatable.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1