• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Crawford/Marshon Brooks traded to GSW

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bass or Humphries next

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humphries is an attractive deal for other teams. He is playing well and is expiring to boot. he also has that trade exception to use

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the complete breakdown of deal and what it means for the 3 teams involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a team ever tanked as hard as the Celtics? Rondo might as well sit out the rest of the season

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a team ever tanked as hard as the Celtics? Rondo might as well sit out the rest of the season

The Celtics are REBUILDING, not tanking!

And the rebuilding is going quicker than I expected.

Rebuilding ALWAYS involves at least one bad year. Usually 2 or 3.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren't going to be able to score 60 points a game with the roster they have. Thats rebuilding but that is also GM forced tanking.

I'm sure Phil Pressey will be trying hard

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've been over this before, lol. Purposely making your roster bad IS TANKING. The players may play hard, but they aren't going to win many games because the talent just isn't there. Nothing wrong with what Boston is doing. Ainge is doing a bang up job right now.

Like the trade for all 3 teams. I doubt Brooks plays (he's barely an NBA level player) but Crawford should fit nicely with GSW. That's the perfect role for him; a guy off the bench who plays 15ish minutes game to give you stable guard play. I'd imagine Douglas gets cut to open up a spot for Bynum in Mia so that's a plus and they saved a ton of cash. And Boston gets more assests. I wouldn't rule that 1st rounder out just yet either. I could conceivably see Philly snagging an 8th seed in a still poor EC next year. Good move all around

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the Cavs every year? They do it with top draft picks each year, impressive distilling that level of sucking even in the players. They had to kick LBJ out because he refused to suck.

Bobcats honorable mention.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been over this before, lol. Purposely making your roster bad IS TANKING. The players may play hard, but they aren't going to win many games because the talent just isn't there. Nothing wrong with what Boston is doing. Ainge is doing a bang up job right now.

Like the trade for all 3 teams. I doubt Brooks plays (he's barely an NBA level player) but Crawford should fit nicely with GSW. That's the perfect role for him; a guy off the bench who plays 15ish minutes game to give you stable guard play. I'd imagine Douglas gets cut to open up a spot for Bynum in Mia so that's a plus and they saved a ton of cash. And Boston gets more assests. I wouldn't rule that 1st rounder out just yet either. I could conceivably see Philly snagging an 8th seed in a still poor EC next year. Good move all around

Hello, facing the fact that your biggest names are past their primes and getting draft picks for them is NOT tanking.

It's more like getting some inevitable unpleasantness over with as quickly as possible.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Philly isn't tanking either.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other point is that Danny could even use those picks to move up into the top 5 of his years draft. Wild turkey has got some good arguments

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your definition of tanking is a bit different from mine.

Ainge did not try to make the Celtics bad, he faced unpleasant facts about how bad his team would
become if he held on to his aging stars much longer.

Taking advantage of another team's mistaken belief that trading for past-their-prime stars would help his team win
games is being SMART, not tanking!

If he had kept KG and PP hoping they weren't actually past it when he knew otherwise could reasonably have been called tanking. And getting Brooklyn to eat the contract of Jason Terry, a much dumber player than either KG or PP
was a masterstroke!

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny keeps impressing me.

I gotta stop hating on his past moves.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking, as I'm sure I've said before, is telling you're current players not to play hard or try to win the tough games.

This season's Celtics are trying hard 48 minutes a game and making the opposition sweat blood for wins. That is the OPPOSITE of tanking! The OPPOSITE!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking, as I'm sure I've said before, is telling you're current players not to play hard or try to win the tough games.

This season's Celtics are trying hard 48 minutes a game and making the opposition sweat blood for wins. That is the OPPOSITE of tanking! The OPPOSITE!

Glad you finally posted what you think your definition is. But you're wrong. Tanking most definitely includes management purposely getting rid of serviceable players in order to be bad. They can play hard but it doesn't matter because there's not enough talent to win games. Boston did it, Philly did it, Utah did it. That's still tanking. You're just too stubborn to admit it. It's a perfectly viable strategy. You may not like the losing, but that doesn't change the fact that Boston is tanking. Hell, you just traded a viable 6th man for freaking Joel Anthony. That's all that needs to be said

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turkey is right brahm. That deal was made for the future. Danny in effect got rid of A injured Barbosa and in less than a year turned it into a first and second round pick. This is all about 2015 and 2016.

Never has a team accumulated and maneuvered into this many assets in less than a year. The nets picks are as good as 3 to 4 lottery picks as the nets are defined and constrained.

Danny is tanking, but not specifically for this years lottery.

Bass and Humphrey are super attractive players for playoff bound teams. There is at least one if not two deals ahead in the next two weeks.

Minnesota is about to received 5 picks

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you finally posted what you think your definition is. But you're wrong. Tanking most definitely includes management purposely getting rid of serviceable players in order to be bad. They can play hard but it doesn't matter because there's not enough talent to win games. Boston did it, Philly did it, Utah did it. That's still tanking. You're just too stubborn to admit it. It's a perfectly viable strategy. You may not like the losing, but that doesn't change the fact that Boston is tanking. Hell, you just traded a viable 6th man for freaking Joel Anthony. That's all that needs to be said

KG and PP are no longer really serviceable for teams with championship ambitions Jason Terry is even less so now,as Brooklyn is now learning to it's regret.

We got some draft choices in the deal with which Ainge will almost certainly acquire players other teams will wish THEY had gotten in the very near future.

YOU are living up to the last half of your username, TURKEY!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahm, I think Turkey is noting that tanking can take many forms. If Danny thought he could win, or even desire to make the playoffs, he would have kept Crawford.

We are 40 games away from the trench we had to go through.

To try to be mediocre was the 1990's. One star and a mediocre crew. That turns into 5 to 10 years of pain.

Its going well