• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My apology to Brandon Crawford

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I was super wrong about him and it wasn't a reverse jinx I really thought his bat was gone.

But not only has he been crushing it in his usual RBI seeking way while still playing reliable (no longer top level excellent) defense, it just occurred to me how needed he is as the veteran leader. He's the last one from the rings era, he's always been a respected guy. Need this to succeed when so many rookies are playing important roles. Vets like Craw and Joc have to be the Posey/leader role now.

So my bad, we're still friends right Crawdad?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I was super wrong about him and it wasn't a reverse jinx I really thought his bat was gone.

But not only has he been crushing it in his usual RBI seeking way while still playing reliable (no longer top level excellent) defense, it just occurred to me how needed he is as the veteran leader. He's the last one from the rings era, he's always been a respected guy. Need this to succeed when so many rookies are playing important roles. Vets like Craw and Joc have to be the Posey/leader role now.

So my bad, we're still friends right Crawdad?
Yep. He's looking more like 2021 now than 2022.

As I had posted earlier, we need his leadership as much as playing ability, yes, as the last WC holdover.

We have the elements to be a contending team, as long as we can be reasonably healthy. Keep in mind that all teams, including the other contenders, have injury issues as well.

I think the effectiveness of our bullpen is very underrated in the grand scheme. It has a very positive impact beyond the numbers.

And we have cap room and some decent prospects to deal should we decide to add at the trade deadline.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He's looking more like 2021 now than 2022.

As I had posted earlier, we need his leadership as much as playing ability, yes, as the last WC holdover.

We have the elements to be a contending team, as long as we can be reasonably healthy. Keep in mind that all teams, including the other contenders, have injury issues as well.

I think the effectiveness of our bullpen is very underrated in the grand scheme. It has a very positive impact beyond the numbers.

And we have cap room and some decent prospects to deal should we decide to add at the trade deadline.
These days especially a lockdown pen is almost required to compete. I do think our lineup is more suited to the long regular season than the playoffs. We need at least one more legit starter for those as well. But like always, just getting to the playoffs gives you a chance.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to see Posey return to the clubhouse prior to a bib series. Gotta believe that does wonders for the rooks and call ups
I have to believe he still has the itch to play. We could pay him like $12 mm for the second half, and it wouldn't cost us any prospects. He would be the perfect piece to add - experienced catcher, RHH, knows the system, leadership par excellence. Do it, Gerald, we need you, and you need this. The HOF awaits, and this would add to your legend. Just 4 months.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These days especially a lockdown pen is almost required to compete. I do think our lineup is more suited to the long regular season than the playoffs. We need at least one more legit starter for those as well. But like always, just getting to the playoffs gives you a chance.
Gerald Posey.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe he still has the itch to play.
Why? This is about you not him, he's done.
We could pay him like $12 mm for the second half, and it wouldn't cost us any prospects. He would be the perfect piece to add - experienced catcher, RHH, knows the system, leadership par excellence. Do it, Gerald, we need you, and you need this. The HOF awaits, and this would add to your legend. Just 4 months.
We all want things we can't have

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe he still has the itch to play. We could pay him like $12 mm for the second half, and it wouldn't cost us any prospects. He would be the perfect piece to add - experienced catcher, RHH, knows the system, leadership par excellence. Do it, Gerald, we need you, and you need this. The HOF awaits, and this would add to your legend. Just 4 months.
Based on???

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? This is about you not him, he's done.
He's done? Like Brandon Crawford, right?
Based on???
Based on the fact that he's a professional athlete, not an amateur diaper pooper. Though if there were a pro league for that, you'd be MVP.

A top pro athlete who just walks away with no thought of returning is by far the exception as opposed to the rule. Your whole existence since being sentient is dedicated to getting to the top. Most just can't turn that off. 2021 was one of his best seasons. He's still young enough to contribute in all likelihood.

You can both, all, continue with the hate if you want. I know where it comes from. Nothing personal. I'm still allowed to express my opinions for now, despite the best and continuing efforts from your side. This is a two bit sports blog which all of what, 15-20 people contribute. Lighten TF up. Now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on the fact that he's a professional athlete, not an amateur diaper pooper. Though if there were a pro league for that, you'd be MVP.

A top pro athlete who just walks away with no thought of returning is by far the exception as opposed to the rule. Your whole existence since being sentient is dedicated to getting to the top. Most just can't turn that off. 2021 was one of his best seasons. He's still young enough to contribute in all likelihood.

You can both, all, continue with the hate if you want. I know where it comes from. Nothing personal. I'm still allowed to express my opinions for now, despite the best and continuing efforts from your side. This is a two bit sports blog which all of what, 15-20 people contribute. Lighten TF up. Now.
Everything isn’t political. Lighten up…

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Holy shit dude LOL!
Does it matter that he's never given a shred of indication that any of this is on his mind?
LOLOLOL!!!

So let's summarize....you make a claim with zero evidence that Posey is itching to come back. I note that fact, that he's never shown one iota of intent to come back, and you get all mad and pissy and claim my "side" (WTF?) is making "continuing efforts" to disallow you to "express your opinions". Then you top it off with an oh-so-scary command that I "lighten TF up. Now.". Yeah, I'm the one that needs to lighten up, you're the one who is merely getting apoplectic that people don't buy your bullshit about Posey.

Are you ok? You are posting like you are having some stressful times in your life. What the hell is this nonsense about? I'm literally laughing at you, this is crazy even for you. But I'm the one that needs to lighten up LOL.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FzK5dX1WYAIK2po.jpeg

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all hysterical. And completely without humor. LOL.