• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Crawford/Marshon Brooks traded to GSW

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahm, I think Turkey is noting that tanking can take many forms. If Danny thought he could win, or even desire to make the playoffs, he would have kept Crawford.

We are 40 games away from the trench we had to go through.

To try to be mediocre was the 1990's. One star and a mediocre crew. That turns into 5 to 10 years of pain.

Its going well

I'll just say that you think more highly of Crawford than you do.

This was going to be a tough year, with or without Crawford. But he was, IMO, more expendable than most others on our roster.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is a fine scorer when he's hot and a solid distributor. He's exactly what we need off the bench. I like the addition of Brooks as well. He averaged 12 points a game in under 30 minutes his rookie year so he has that ability. Maybe being on a winning team will do him some good.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahm, I think Turkey is noting that tanking can take many forms. If Danny thought he could win, or even desire to make the playoffs, he would have kept Crawford.

We are 40 games away from the trench we had to go through.

To try to be mediocre was the 1990's. One star and a mediocre crew. That turns into 5 to 10 years of pain.

Hanging on to KG and PP any longer would have been worse.

I'm grateful for what they did in earlier seasons, but they were both into the downhill phase of an athletic career. That fact has to be faced. You don't have to pretend to like doing that, but it's unavoidable.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have been a year too late in seeing the age effects of their stars. The nets deal was so amazing in considerate. The spurs will need to think about this soon

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think Crawford's numbers are going to look like with Golden State?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're wrong. Tanking most definitely includes management purposely getting rid of serviceable players in order to be bad.

Need to take into consideration the timing of this trade with Rondo return tonight.

Crawford is a fine scorer when he's hot and a solid distributor. He's exactly what we need off the bench.

Not that he will have a choice, but I find it unlikely Steez will be happy with a cut in his minutes... which in the past led to a drop off in production and chemistry problem in the locker room which is why DC shipped him to Boston for nothing to begin with.

The Wizards really could use a PG off the bench like JC, but, to the disappointment of fans of his iso ball, the front office decided he just wasn't worth the head ache.

What do you guys think Crawford's numbers are going to look like with Golden State?

All going to depend on his minutes. Should be good for 10 points in 20 minutes.

But don't expect him to be a facilitator, because thats not his style.

EI0LmG4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to take into consideration the timing of this trade with Rondo return tonight.

Not that he will have a choice, but I find it unlikely Steez will be happy with a cut in his minutes... which in the past led to a drop off in production and chemistry problem in the locker room which is why DC shipped him to Boston for nothing to begin with.

The Wizards really could use a PG off the bench like JC, but, to the disappointment of fans of his iso ball, the front office decided he just wasn't worth the head ache.

All going to depend on his minutes. Should be good for 10 points in 20 minutes.

But don't expect him to be a facilitator, because thats not his style.

EI0LmG4.png

How do you know he can't do it? That's his role here. Even John wall said he can do it. He just had a different role in Washington

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford will do well. I think Brad gave him new confidence. He is going to be a great 7 or 8th man

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know he can't do it? That's his role here. Even John wall said he can do it. He just had a different role in Washington

I never said "he can't do it" ... i said he isn't going to want to do it.

You're familiar with his role in DC ?

John Wall started 2012 injured. Steez got starting minutes & excelled.

In December John returned and JC was asked to come in off the bench.

Sounds like the same role the Warriors are expecting him to play to me.

Like I said in my previous post ... I wouldn't doubt the return of Rondo was key factor in this trade.

Celtics knew he was going to be discontent having his minutes cut.

But these numbers look about right.

W5etEnf.png

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krush the celtics traded him for one clear reason, Danny got a round 1 and a round 2 pick for him.

Right now Danny is building, promoting and trading players.

Next two are Humphrey and bass who are in play.

I don't think they can movemthe Wallace pick.....unless it involves a deal with 3 or 4 draft picks I the mix