• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Bostic to New England

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go trolling elsewhere

Who is trolling?

Tell me what is the value of a 6th round pick again? You guys want marshall run out of town because he is hard to get along with, what does he have, 250 yards receiving in three games? Now 6th rounders are gems for Bostic who can blow running backs up of you just get him on the field? He cant cover receivers, so the fuck what, have him in the backfield each down. Its embarassing just getting a 6th rounder for a second round pick and after you paid allen 11.5 million. You would have been better off cutting them. I guess we have three chances at quarterbacks next year like Brady in the 6th round.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI... the Marshall love is old, he's also he guy who has had the most laughable play so far this year... the lateral to the face mask. and now his current QB is back to throwing 3 picks a game. I don't see that helping BM too much going forward.

6th round picks... did it ever occur to you that the Bears could same as what Carolina and NE just did... trade one of those 6th round picks for a LB/DL who is languishing on a 4-3 team that fits a 3-4 scheme? Or used to move up in the draft too. Even up 10 spots in the 4th round or something.
And Bostic wasn't as good as you seem to think.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI... the Marshall love is old, he's also he guy who has had the most laughable play so far this year... the lateral to the face mask. and now his current QB is back to throwing 3 picks a game. I don't see that helping BM too much going forward.

6th round picks... did it ever occur to you that the Bears could same as what Carolina and NE just did... trade one of those 6th round picks for a LB/DL who is languishing on a 4-3 team that fits a 3-4 scheme? Or used to move up in the draft too. Even up 10 spots in the 4th round or something.
And Bostic wasn't as good as you seem to think.

I would have rather seen them traded for one of those players languishing on a 4-3 team. See, I thought we were supposed to expect Fangio from SF, you know, base 3-4 that showed 4-3 and utilized the players you claim were languishing on the team.

We will see what Bostic has, its hard to decide how good or bad he is when he hardly played. I have a feeling he will prove himself.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I suspect Bostic will do a little better, since I would expect BB to try to use him like he used spikes and currently uses Mayo. Personally, I would have liked to see more like a 5th rounder than a 6th as fair value for him, I think NE slightly underpaid, but if Fangio didn't want him I guess it is better than nothing (see: Brock Vereen).

I think the thing you have to look at with Bostic, as with any trade involving picks, is that you can't simply do a apples-to-apples comparison of the picks. In this case Bostic taken 2nd round, we get a 6th back. ALL NFL draft picks are at some levels crapshoots and the picks themselves amount to a gamble that you are going to hit on a solid starter or even Pro Bowler. So a 2nd rounder...that is...ALL the 2nd rounders that don't turn into that, by default are worth less than their draft position. As they continue to just be a role player, they are in effect "worth" less than their draft position, all the way down to being worthless in trade (again, see Brock Vereen). Bostic did not pan out as a top line guy, so a 6th is not that far out of range. That being said, I still think NE got a slightly good deal for him, and it is still possible BB turns his career around.

As for Allen, no team was going to send more than a 6th for a pass rusher at the end of his career NFL front offices value draft picks way too much for that. Obviously in hindsight he was a bad signing, but that wasn't Pace's fault. I'm good with this move, no asterisk.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I
We will see what Bostic has, its hard to decide how good or bad he is when he hardly played. I have a feeling he will prove himself.

I don't know that the way to describe him is "hardly played", since he started most of the time he was here (first year due to injury, of course) his first two seasons. I think what you mean to say is that he didn't really have time to develop fully. It's hard to evaluate most LBs in their rookie season, and then this year of course he didn't play much because he wasn't deemed a fit. Last year he was second on the team in tackles...he played plenty.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with AI, Who cares about a 6th rd pick. The guy was not good enough so I won't miss him but I'm hardly excited to get another 6th rd pick.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand these moves, Bostic and Allen, as moving guys that don't fit the current scheme, but think these reactions are a bit knee jerk.

It's not like the Bears got to play San Fran, Detroit and Tampa the 1st 3 weeks.

Whatever...it's not like I really care what the Bears do...but I think they're folding their tents way too early.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is trolling?

Tell me what is the value of a 6th round pick again? You guys want marshall run out of town because he is hard to get along with, what does he have, 250 yards receiving in three games? Now 6th rounders are gems for Bostic who can blow running backs up of you just get him on the field? He cant cover receivers, so the fuck what, have him in the backfield each down. Its embarassing just getting a 6th rounder for a second round pick and after you paid allen 11.5 million. You would have been better off cutting them. I guess we have three chances at quarterbacks next year like Brady in the 6th round.
Better off cutting them? You are just trolling with that comment.....all draft picks can be useful inore than 1 way.....but you know everything so you should understand why they got what they did.....it was a good thing what they did

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with AI, Who cares about a 6th rd pick. The guy was not good enough so I won't miss him but I'm hardly excited to get another 6th rd pick.
The picks can be used in conjunction with other picks to get a player or move up......don't fall for his nonsense noon

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichek will find a use for bostic. Honestly, I don't mind either trade.

On a side note, can we all just ignore @BsGenius ? He's clearly a troll with nothing better to do then troll. A troll can not troll those who ignore him. Seriously, let's all just go into his profile and ignore him. That way we won't respond to any of his stupid troll baiting tactics because we won't even see it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichek will find a use for bostic. Honestly, I don't mind either trade.

On a side note, can we all just ignore @BsGenius ? He's clearly a troll with nothing better to do then troll. A troll can not troll those who ignore him. Seriously, let's all just go into his profile and ignore him. That way we won't respond to any of his stupid troll baiting tactics because we won't even see it.

Nah. I like BS. His history with a lot of the posters here goes back over a decade, with those of us who were over at ESPN. He's provided some solid entertainment. Once you figure out his schtick, you'll stop taking him so seriously and laugh. I think it's hilarious that he gets under people's skin so much.

He's harmless.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No actually, you had another account with an underscore between BS and genius. Had I known you would be this much of a dishonest douchebag, I would have made screen captures, which I didn't think necessary since I didn't think you were that much of a pussy weasel. I guess I was wrong.

Not worried. You are already providing new material, I don't stress an absence of past foolishness.

Ahh now i see the confusion. Fair enough. Before this board had a makeover i did have the account in question. The only reason i made this one was because you sensitive girls were so offended by my genius that that account got banned. I couldn't post only on the Bears forum anymore. Hence this new handle. I would have stayed away permanently but then this makeover here happened and i gave it another shot. Note i never created another account here before the makeover and after the banning of the original account in question.

On ESPN forums i've had the same account for years. I am never one to change accounts to save face.

Now i'm sure you'll take my little explanation and run with it and continue your tirade. But i speak the truth, whether you believe me or not.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a BS prediction from a few weeks ago.(Both Mariota and Winston will be busts.) How is that looking BS.

Umm idiot, it's only been 3 games...? Stay dumb noon, stay dumb.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm idiot, it's only been 3 games...? Stay dumb noon, stay dumb.
You got the genius covered and I got the dumb ass covered, were like Starsky and Hutch little buddie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand these moves, Bostic and Allen, as moving guys that don't fit the current scheme, but think these reactions are a bit knee jerk.

It's not like the Bears got to play San Fran, Detroit and Tampa the 1st 3 weeks.

Whatever...it's not like I really care what the Bears do...but I think they're folding their tents way too early.
It is early but it's never to early to cut dead weight. Now if Forte gets traded then yes we are folding early.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I like BS. His history with a lot of the posters here goes back over a decade, with those of us who were over at ESPN. He's provided some solid entertainment. Once you figure out his schtick, you'll stop taking him so seriously and laugh. I think it's hilarious that he gets under people's skin so much.

He's harmless.

Bingo.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that the way to describe him is "hardly played", since he started most of the time he was here (first year due to injury, of course) his first two seasons. I think what you mean to say is that he didn't really have time to develop fully. It's hard to evaluate most LBs in their rookie season, and then this year of course he didn't play much because he wasn't deemed a fit. Last year he was second on the team in tackles...he played plenty.

Before his career was started, he was replaced with DJ Williams and moved to the outside, then back inside when DJ got hurt again. Figured DJ had a pretty bad year, Bostic filled in well, the job should have been his in 2014, but no, they resign DJ Williams again. This year he has been out with ankle problems. Last year he was second on the team in tackles, and he only played 13 games. Just say there is more potential than we saw.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh now i see the confusion. Fair enough. Before this board had a makeover i did have the account in question. The only reason i made this one was because you sensitive girls were so offended by my genius that that account got banned. I couldn't post only on the Bears forum anymore. Hence this new handle. I would have stayed away permanently but then this makeover here happened and i gave it another shot. Note i never created another account here before the makeover and after the banning of the original account in question.

On ESPN forums i've had the same account for years. I am never one to change accounts to save face.

Now i'm sure you'll take my little explanation and run with it and continue your tirade. But i speak the truth, whether you believe me or not.

So you are saying that you are currently on an ALTERNATE ACCOUNT?

:markmay: :mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod: :kermit:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L :duck: :mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::ban:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when Bostic was drafted, he was rumored to be going to New England, two picks after ours in that second round. I guess Bellicheck knows what he wants and eventually gets it.