• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Stevens

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my doubts about Stevens taking over after so many years with Sutter. But I have to say I think he has done well juggling the mix of new players, dealing with the loss of Carter. Sounds as if the players have responded well to the change between he and Sutter. All this despite the fact the Kings sit outside the playoffs by a point or 2 as of this morning.

Question: if the Kings miss the playoffs, is Stevens gone after just the one season?

Question 2: If Alain Vigneault is available after the Rangers blow-up their team, would it be crazy to speculate any mutual interest between him and the mostly-veteran Kings?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather keep Stevens another season.....no matter how the season ends...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather keep Stevens another season.....no matter how the season ends...

Agreed. This is a transitional year for the Kings including coaching. All things considered, I think he has done well overall. Some things I would change (play Quick less for example) but he has handled adversity pretty well so far, especially losing his 2C from essentially day one yet still being 2-3 points out of 3rd in the Pacific.

No one saw Vegas coming (thanks for losing last night ya dummies) but overall the Kings are doing a lot better than they were last season. They absolutely mailed it in from March until the end of the season so this will be a big test for Stevens coming up.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also iin favor of Stevens too. I only bring it up because Vigneault will likely be available. And he is certainly a media favorite. Unless the Kings totally collapse and are disengaged the last 20 games, I say keep Stevens.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who is available, I hate teams that start a carousel in couching. Sure, some guys you can see right away they are a bad fit....but mostly if you are going to hire a guy he should get more then 1 season....consistency in leadership is important

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya....woops