• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh is far and away

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hadn't been working all day. You rushed for 62 yards. At least going for the edge eats an extra 2-4 seconds per run.
It's also a more risky play if we're talking about an actual sweep on the edge.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a more risky play if we're talking about an actual sweep on the edge.
Not if you tell the running back that if you see him with only one hand on the ball he will be playing for Ferris State next year.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the same record so far that Brady Hoke did. And they are pretty much heading in the same direction at this point.
Not if you tell the running back that if you see him with only one hand on the ball he will be playing for Ferris State next year.

Hey, Ferris State is 6-1 and nationally ranked. But, it is division 2, of course. :suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck anyone blaming Blake O'Neill.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty had, what, 150 more yards in 2015? Michigan also had a huge advantage in field position that game because of O'Neill's punts and Peppers (I think he had a few decent returns. Cook had 328 yards, but he was only 18/39 and Michigan held them to 1.8 YPC (granted that includes sacks).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty had, what, 150 more yards? Michigan also had a huge advantage in field position that game because of O'Neill's punts and Peppers.
I would have traded punters without hesitation on October 18th if the NCAA would have allowed it. Dude was a pimp. If I were him I would have moved to East Lansing after graduation and wear a shirt that says "I'm Blake O'Neill" like every day.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The records are the same at this exact point, but we're only halfway into a season. Hoke almost lost all of the games remaining that 3rd year. And as pointed out, there's no comparison between the qualify of teams put on the field. Hoke had one good year, followed by 3 really bad ones. Harbaugh had 2 good years, followed by what seems to be unfolding as an average one. But even in this average season, our defense is fantastic. Something you could never say about either side of the ball under Hoke in any year.

You are looking at an 8-4 record at best this year most likely you realize right? You'll need to beat either Ohio St or Wisconsin to change that.

Hoke went 7-5. So you might have 1 more win this year. And looking at your schedule this year and the Michigan schedule in 2013, you would have gone 7-5 this year as well. Your 2013 schedule at the end was tougher.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at an 8-4 record at best this year most likely you realize right? You'll need to beat either Ohio St or Wisconsin to change that.

Hoke went 7-5. So you might have 1 more win this year. And looking at your schedule this year and the Michigan schedule in 2013, you would have gone 7-5 this year as well. Your 2013 schedule at the end was tougher.
Hoke was also able to beat an end of the year ranked ND. I wonder if Harbs will beat a team that ends the year ranked.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke was also able to beat an end of the year ranked ND. I wonder if Harbs will beat a team that ends the year ranked.
The problem with this is you're acting like this is rare. For the record, over the past two season Michigan beat plenty of teams that finished the year ranked. Hell, we dominated last year's B10 title team. Hoke couldn't come close to stating anything like that.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this is you're acting like this is rare. For the record, over the past two season Michigan beat plenty of teams that finished the year ranked. Hell, we dominated last year's B10 title team. Hoke couldn't come close to stating anything like that.
This was in Hokes 3rd year. Who will Harbs beat his 3rd to show improvement?
MI beat a PSU team that was working at putting it all together. Your comparison is like VT and tOSU. They beat tOSU before they got it all together. Maybe thats what Harbs needs to beat teams early. He couldnt beat Iowa late or FL. St. But hey Harbs can beat a FL team with no offence. So I guess thats good. :noidea:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years? That's one year longer than he's stayed at his three previous HC gigs.

Also, "he's really expensive" is an odd reason to tolerate lackluster results.
Slinky, my attempted point is that the more years Harbaugh has remaining on his contract, the higher the buyout if he is fired. Also, a big chunk of his salary is put into an insurance plan (reportedly upwards of $2 million annually) So, its not as simple as just firing him and paying a couple of million to make him go away as is the case with many other coaches. Secondly, Michigan is a true blue blood school in the matter of alumni and donors. There are some very heavy hitters financially speaking, who wanted Harbaugh there, and in fact signed some nice checks to make it happen. So there are political ramifications in addition to the dollars.

These are a catch 22 in my opinion. The school did some unprecedented things to bring him back to the program, but also makes it more difficult to let him go. His predecessors, Hoke and Rodriguez did not have the backing of influential alumni, nor were their contracts supplanted by other financial sources (ex. life insurance premiums).

As a friend of mine who worked for the University's Athletic department said right before Harbaugh was hired, "They are going to have to make a deal with the devil on this one"