• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JG

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just my way of saying even an idiot knows we didn't run the ball enough.

LOL my bad for missing the sarcasm

You know on my FB I put up days ago #trade Dez
I dont care what he can be in 3-4 years...... Right now this team needs to resign Smith long term and get out of cap hell.

Everyone wants to know how to do it .... Trade Dez for 2 #1s ..... would go along way for the future of this team..... and without putting it in further in cap hell .... or losing one of the best LTs in the game ....
Eventually there will be a replacement for Romo ..... Center through LT .... should be the most important parts of the offense we keep. And hopefully Murray

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL my bad for missing the sarcasm

You know on my FB I put up days ago #trade Dez
I dont care what he can be in 3-4 years...... Right now this team needs to resign Smith long term and get out of cap hell.

Everyone wants to know how to do it .... Trade Dez for 2 #1s ..... would go along way for the future of this team..... and without putting it in further in cap hell .... or losing one of the best LTs in the game ....
Eventually there will be a replacement for Romo ..... Center through LT .... should be the most important parts of the offense we keep. And hopefully Murray

If we can only keep two of the 3 I agree Dez should be the odd man out. I'm afraid it will be Murray.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can only keep two of the 3 I agree Dez should be the odd man out. I'm afraid it will be Murray.

I HATE thinking conspiracy ...... but nothing in me tells me an educated man like Garrett that played with Emmitt would give up on the run for no reason.

I'm going to go opposite of you though. I think Murray is being held back so he can't demand a huge contract.
As crazy as that may sound ........ it also is the only thing to make sense out of Sunday (among other games this year)

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jason Garrett has to be one of the worst game day head coaches ever. The man responsible for enabling our bonehead quarterback and for losses against the NJ Jets, the Detroit Lions up by 24, the Arizona Cardinals where he iced his kicker, the the Baltimore Ravens where he refused to timely use a time out, the New England Patriots game where he left Brady all that time, and the Green Bay Packers fame from this year where we were up 23. These are just the games I remember in his brief tenure as head coach. He has no feel for the game or his players. Meanwhile, you add that to a GM who enables his pass happy QB who had a propensity to throw picks and bam....disaster!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who enables his pass happy QB who had a propensity to throw picks and bam....disaster!

This is what I have a problem with.......
Favre (other than his solo Superbowl win) blew more games than any Qb in history with late game INTs .... hell he holds the record. Bennitt was a 1,000 yard rusher the year before the Superbowl Levins was a 1,000 yard rusher the year after they won the Superbowl..... The year they won it ... The two split carries.... But Favre gets the credit for the #1 defense and that rushing attack AND he will likely go in the HOF
Elway also go the same judgement ...... Til they got him a defense and running game ... and he won 2

It's not on ALL on Romo Team sport Coaches included

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE thinking conspiracy ...... but nothing in me tells me an educated man like Garrett that played with Emmitt would give up on the run for no reason.

I'm going to go opposite of you though. I think Murray is being held back so he can't demand a huge contract.
As crazy as that may sound ........ it also is the only thing to make sense out of Sunday (among other games this year)

Haven't thought of it this way. I think you are giving Jerry too much credit. But if it works well then all is good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

I think he has absolutely lost the locker room. Did you see Romo and Witten yelling at him Sunday for not running the ball?
Just because we have a better locker room and no inside reports doesn't take away from the fact the players are happy with the play calling
I dont think anyone on the team is

If Romo was yelling at him for not running the ball, I find that a little ironic...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does that say Romo was yelling at JG for not running the ball?

That wasn't the site I read it on ... just the first one that popped up when I googled it ... should have read better before posting that one.
I'll find the page I read it on sometime today and post it for you

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Thought your original comment was about the second half which is why I found it ironic that Romo audibled out of run plays and also yelled at JG for not calling run plays...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Thought your original comment was about the second half which is why I found it ironic that Romo audibled out of run plays and also yelled at JG for not calling run plays...

AH you haven't heard. He didn't audible. That play to Austin was an option play. That was Garrett throwing blame on everyone but himself. Callahan has said that was the play sent in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry...optioned to the pass, not audibled. Same idea and he's done it a lot this year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry...optioned to the pass, not audibled. Same idea and he's done it a lot this year.

But why even call an option. They lined up and ran GREAT out of the I-Formation all game.

Jimmy Johnson/ Norv Turner would have ran Smith up the middle every play until someone stopped us.

It is what it is .... piss poor play calling. Piss poor game management, and piss poor clock management. That has been the story of Garrett since he has been a coach for the Dallas Cowboys.
And after all these years?????.... He hasn't improved not one bit in those areas.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why even call an option. They lined up and ran GREAT out of the I-Formation all game.

Jimmy Johnson/ Norv Turner would have ran Smith up the middle every play until someone stopped us.

It is what it is .... piss poor play calling. Piss poor game management, and piss poor clock management. That has been the story of Garrett since he has been a coach for the Dallas Cowboys.
And after all these years?????.... He hasn't improved not one bit in those areas.

Jimmy would have told the world in that situation that he was running the ball and still ran. It was dumb to put the ball in the air that much. I don't care if Romo did so on his own or not, because if it was Romo changing plays it was Garrett's job to correct it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy would have told the world in that situation that he was running the ball and still ran. It was dumb to put the ball in the air that much. I don't care if Romo did so on his own or not, because if it was Romo changing plays it was Garrett's job to correct it.

And....If Jimmy were coaching this team, I would bet if Romo ''optioned'' to a pass, Orton would be in handing the ball off on the next offensive play. Would bet anything

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think this was a debate that was had on here in the offseason.

Can you imagine Smith's YPC avg when he retired had he not been used to kill the clock in obvious running situations?

It absolutely makes no sense to me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this was a debate that was had on here in the offseason.

Can you imagine Smith's YPC avg when he retired had he not been used to kill the clock in obvious running situations?

It absolutely makes no sense to me.

Thats the argument I use with everyone that says Sanders was better than Smith. Sanders was awesome, but if Smith took away all the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 carries against a 9 man front, for his entire career, I bet he would have been 5.5 YPC. Similar story with Aikman. Put Aikman in his prime on the Cowboys, Saints or Packers of today, with the rules the way they are now, and he'd smash every record in the book

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the argument I use with everyone that says Sanders was better than Smith. Sanders was awesome, but if Smith took away all the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 carries against a 9 man front, for his entire career, I bet he would have been 5.5 YPC. Similar story with Aikman. Put Aikman in his prime on the Cowboys, Saints or Packers of today, with the rules the way they are now, and he'd smash every record in the book

I'd agree with that.

Though I think if Marino played in his prime under today's rules no Qb would even come close to ever breaking the records he would set.