• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JG

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have hashed it and rehashed over and over. I am definitely in the minority in wanting him here. He just speaks so well in those damn press conferences. Its almost like nothing slips by him and every little bit of detail is discussed within his team. I know you cant keep giving a coach a pass regardless of the situation, but just give me some names that you wouldnt mind seeing become the HC, if Garrett does get the pink slip.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have hashed it and rehashed over and over. I am definitely in the minority in wanting him here. He just speaks so well in those damn press conferences. Its almost like nothing slips by him and every little bit of detail is discussed within his team. I know you cant keep giving a coach a pass regardless of the situation, but just give me some names that you wouldnt mind seeing become the HC, if Garrett does get the pink slip.

I was thinking along the lines of L Smith. But he is interviewing with the Texans.
Kubiak would be interesting... but I would rather have him as an OC than a HC

OFC I'm thinking along the lines of guys that can come in and run the system we currently have in place rather than starting from scratch again. Zone line blocking and the 4-3 defense.
Zimmer should get a look as well...... but like Kubiak First year back I'd rather let him fix this damn defense

and with our offense .... Gruden wouldn't be a bad hire either. He would keep Callahan in check like he did in Oakland.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking along the lines of L Smith. But he is interviewing with the Texans.

OFC I'm thinking along the lines of guys that can come in and run the system we currently have in place rather than starting from scratch again. Zone line blocking and the 4-3 defense.
Zimmer should get a look as well...... but like Kubiak First year back I'd rather let him fix this damn defense

and with our offense .... Gruden wouldn't be a bad hire either. He would keep Callahan in check like he did in Oakland.

until JJ lets the scouts and the coaches make the player decisions it won't matter who they bring in

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think for 6 days out of the week JG is a very good coach. My problem is that IMO for 3 hours a week he doesn't act like a man that went to Princeton...and those are kind of important hours for an NFL team

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm on the fence with Jon he has the knowledge but how many coaches made it back to the SB after winning 1 with another team ?

5 Don Shula, Colts & Miami Bill Parcells, Giants & Patriots Dick Vermeil, Eagles & Rams Dan Reeves, Broncos & Falcons Mike Holmgren, Packers & Seahawks

Zimmer should have had a HC shot by now IMO not his fault but I don't like a novice HC with Jerry

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence with Jon he has the knowledge but how many coaches made it back to the SB after winning 1 with another team ?

5 Don Shula, Colts & Miami Bill Parcells, Giants & Patriots Dick Vermeil, Eagles & Rams Dan Reeves, Broncos & Falcons Mike Holmgren, Packers & Seahawks

Zimmer should have had a HC shot by now IMO not his fault but I don't like a novice HC with Jerry

Im not one who thinks Gruden should be our coach, but Isn't that kind of a lot seeing as there haven't been that many SBs? How many HCs have never been to a SB?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holmgren would be interesting ..... I wouldnt want him to build our team. Hella coach though

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

?????? I think you have an error here. I didn't know Dick Vermeil won a SB with the Eagles.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?????? I think you have an error here. I didn't know Dick Vermeil won a SB with the Eagles.

yeah the list is a bit off.

I think he met to say made it back to a Superbowl.
Parcells didn't win with the Pats.
DV didn't win with the Eagles
Holmgren didn't win with Seattle
Reeves didn't win one anywhere

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for 6 days out of the week JG is a very good coach. My problem is that IMO for 3 hours a week he doesn't act like a man that went to Princeton...and those are kind of important hours for an NFL team

I hate to say it but I agree. His gameday antics are definitely a minus.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

antics? Not sure that is the word I would use.

I will say the positive about Garrett before the negative. Under Garrett we have had better drafts. and We have better human beings on this team. No more inside sources and minus Dez no more bullshit circus. Which is what we had when he became the HC.

Thats said.
Even before he was HC he went away from the run at the absolute worst times.
I don't see much of any creativity in his pay calling or hell the plays themselves.
The absolute worst halftime adjustments in the history of the Cowboys
Maybe because he is just fresh in my memory .... but dont think this team has ever blown as many leads at it has under his direction

He was not ready to be an OC when Jerry hired him to be ... He was not ready to be a HC ....

Some things are what they are

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until JJ lets the scouts and the coaches make the player decisions it won't matter who they bring in

Part of the problem they say is that he listens to too many people
See the comments by Todd Archer.

We've heard Jacob Rogers (second round, 2004) was a Bill Parcells pick, and he never played a down for the Cowboys. We've heard that Jason Williams (second round, 2009) was a Wade Phillips pick and Robert Brewster (third round, 2009) a Hudson Houck pick and Stephen Hodge (sixth round, 2009) a Joe DeCamillis pick -- and they were all busts. If you remember a "Hard Knocks" episode from 2008, Jason Garrett was bully on Felix Jones in the first round. When the Cowboys took DeMarco Murray in 2011, Jones gave Barry Switzer a big tip of the cap.

Who to trust? Jerry Jones will have plenty of voices in his ear on draft day.
Too many times Jones appears influenced by the last voice in his ear. An argument can be made that the owner and general manager talks to too many people, especially those outside the building.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antics was a bad word to use. It seems his thought process freezes. Sometimes you just have to say what the fuck and do things yourself. I wanted to see him do that. I wanted him to pull a JimFassell last week and guarantee we win and make the playoffs. I dont think he has lost this team just yet.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he has lost this team just yet.

I disagree

I think he has absolutely lost the locker room. Did you see Romo and Witten yelling at him Sunday for not running the ball?
Just because we have a better locker room and no inside reports doesn't take away from the fact the players are happy with the play calling
I dont think anyone on the team is

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's good 6 days a week and BAD on game day, why should he be retained? I'd prefer an idiot coach 6 days a week who calls a masterful game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

I think he has absolutely lost the locker room. Did you see Romo and Witten yelling at him Sunday for not running the ball?
Just because we have a better locker room and no inside reports doesn't take away from the fact the players are happy with the play calling
I dont think anyone on the team is

I think the reason Dez left early is he was pissed off we didn't run the ball enough in the 2nd half.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason Dez left early is he was pissed off we didn't run the ball enough in the 2nd half.

Nah Dez is TO Jr

He was pissed because he wanted the ball more .................... You can pour sugar over him all you want. He's a "ALL ME" motherfucker

When we were winning he was bitching about not getting the ball. Watch the replay

Personally I think Dez is so caught up in his bullshit comments about being better than Johnson that flat out backfired in his face he wants the numbers ...... team be damned

Then again if I am wrong ....... He could always take the time to learn how to run a route

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Dez is TO Jr

He was pissed because he wanted the ball more .................... You can pour sugar over him all you want. He's a "ALL ME" motherfucker

When we were winning he was bitching about not getting the ball. Watch the replay

That was just my way of saying even an idiot knows we didn't run the ball enough.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed that he had been bad on gameday.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think he will eventually figure it out and will be a Superbowl winner one day. Just my opinion of course,