• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets finally move Sheldon Richardson

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could understand the Jets not trading him to NE. But, the others were a head scratcher. I think it was more about his attitude vs. his skill set. He's going to play angry in Seattle. Opposing QBs watch out.

I wonder if NE tried cause in this day teams trade within division to get that draft pick. Back in the day we all could understand that mentality not to trade inside the division. I hope SR sees red when staring at Rodgers next week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if NE tried cause in this day teams trade within division to get that draft pick. Back in the day we all could understand that mentality not to trade inside the division. I hope SR sees red when staring at Rodgers next week.
Too much bad blood between these two teams. Worst case scenario trades only. Having said that, the way NYJ are dumping players anything could/could've been possible?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks To Acquire Sheldon Richardson From Jets In Exchange For Jermaine Kearse
September 1st, 2017 at 2:04pm CST by Dallas Robinson
This is breaking news. Please Sheldon Richardson from the Jets in exchange for wide receiver Jermaine Kearse draft considerations, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

New York, of course, has been shopping Richardson for some time, and while Seattle reportedly showed interest earlier this year, the club wanted Richardson to accept a paycut from his $8.069MM base salary. Whether Richardson has now done so is unclear, but the Seahawks did clear cap space today by reworking receiver Doug Baldwin‘s contract, and are shedding Kearse’s $2.2MM salary.

Richardson certainly has his warts, which may have contributed to a limited trade market. For one, he wasn’t all that effective last season, as Richardson managed only 1.5 sacks in 15 games (though he still graded out as the NFL’s No. 31 edge defender, per Pro Football Focus). Richardson also comes with off-field question marks, as he has a substance abuse suspension in his past, and has dealt with commitment and tardiness issues.

But, if healthy and motivated, the addition of Richardson would give the Seahawks arguably the best front seven in the NFL. Richardson, who can conceivably play either along the edge or on the interior, would join a Seattle defensive unit that also includes Michael Bennett, Frank Clark, Cliff Avril, Bobby Wager, and K.J. Wright on the front end, and the vaunted Legion of Boom in the back end.

Richardson is done. LOL at the Seachicken fans who think they just scored the 2nd coming of Reggie White :L

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is done. LOL at the Seachicken fans who think they just scored the 2nd coming of Reggie White :L
Methinks ye embellish a bit, no?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson could be a solid pickup for Seattle. Might make them an even stronger favorite in the NFC.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much bad blood between these two teams. Worst case scenario trades only. Having said that, the way NYJ are dumping players anything could/could've been possible?

Todd Bowles must drink a lot these days.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can they fire him? They gave him a JV squad to work with.

I personally hope he doesn't get fired since he's been dealt an unfair shit hand of players but it's an NFL FO. Doesn't matter how pathetic the 53 man roster is, we want results and if it doesn't happen then fired.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Seahawks relinquish their second best WR on a team that has no proven WR threats after Baldwin, and a potential second round draft choice for a fat dude with off the field issues and had only 1.5 sacks last season. Hawks need a dude that can rush the passer and not just take up space. Now they have no weapons at WR after Baldwin as Lockette is recovering from a shattered leg, and the other two haven't proven any consistent play so far. Combine that with no O line just makes me feel sorry for Russell Wilson.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Seahawks relinquish their second best WR on a team that has no proven WR threats after Baldwin, and a potential second round draft choice for a fat dude with off the field issues and had only 1.5 sacks last season. Hawks need a dude that can rush the passer and not just take up space. Now they have no weapons at WR after Baldwin as Lockette is recovering from a shattered leg, and the other two haven't proven any consistent play so far. Combine that with no O line just makes me feel sorry for Russell Wilson.

Another check in the "Dayne doesn't know what he's talking about" box.

Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, and Frank Clark. You should Google those names.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 inconsistent Wrs????
Bro. Put on tape of the Wildcard game and tell me Paul Richardson cant play

Tanner was done pretty good in decent playing time.

And there is a guy named Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Motherfucking Graham

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 inconsistent Wrs????
Bro. Put on tape of the Wildcard game and tell me Paul Richardson cant play

Tanner was done pretty good in decent playing time.

I like Tanner bit he hasn't been given enough playing time to prove he can be a nonsistent weapon. Lockette had a terrible injury last season and is a question mark. Richardson hasn't ever had a season over 30 receptions or 300 yards and Jiy is a TE and not a WR

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another check in the "Dayne doesn't know what he's talking about" box.

Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, and Frank Clark. You should Google those names.

No need when I watch multiple games in person and most of their games on TV. Bennett is old injured and washed up. Clark mostly had sacks vs bad o lines or immobile QBs. Avril did have his best game but is 31 now and in the second half he became an inconsistent pass rusher.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except that one...

kearse-catch.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.gif

i honestly thought the game was over here, and brady was fucked again late by bad defense and a lucky grab.

Me too.