• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets finally move Sheldon Richardson

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, please don't make Hank sad.

The only thing on the horizon that is going to make me sad is Tuesday.

Back to work day.

Until then I have 3 more days to go go-karting. And tomorrow is my 62nd, and Sunday is our 40th, and Monday is a lick my wounds day, and Tuesday is back to fucking work.

But on the sunny side of things, my "crops" have never looked better.

So, Hank is not sad.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at work right now, and I work Monday too.

Don't complain about your lack of time off to me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much love this trade.

The Seahawks were really expecting McDowell to be a big interior contributor. Then he decided to break himself on an ATV and is out at least half the season if not the entire season. So Richardson really provides exactly what McDowell does. And he is proven.

If he has a great year and winds up getting a monster contract then we wind up getting a late 3rd comp pick. Given that we will likely be one of the best teams in the league, the 2nd we give up is going to be a late 2nd. I am ok giving up 30 or so slots for a year of top flight interior presence for this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love Richardson and wanted to give a second for him for quite some time. I think the player was a throw in. Basically every team had a shot at Richardson for a year now and they dropped their sites from a 1 to a 2 a long time ago based on what you hear. The issue becomes can you keep him. He wants big $$$s. Also, he has had a decent amount of issues - with other players, coaches, missing and being late for meetings, etc. But when his head is on straight he is a great player. This was a huge coup for Seattle for this year. Long term, who knows.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much love this trade.

The Seahawks were really expecting McDowell to be a big interior contributor. Then he decided to break himself on an ATV and is out at least half the season if not the entire season. So Richardson really provides exactly what McDowell does. And he is proven.

If he has a great year and winds up getting a monster contract then we wind up getting a late 3rd comp pick. Given that we will likely be one of the best teams in the league, the 2nd we give up is going to be a late 2nd. I am ok giving up 30 or so slots for a year of top flight interior presence for this year.
Agree this could be the deal of the off season if Richardson shows his potential AND doesn't become a locker room cancer. Seattle has had enough of their fair share of locker room issues.
I only see that becoming a problem if Seattle losses 5+ games. Winning cures a lot. With the current SoS and barring any significant injuries no way do I see Seattle losing 5 games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree this could be the deal of the off season if Richardson shows his potential AND doesn't become a locker room cancer. Seattle has had enough of their fair share of locker room issues.
I only see that becoming a problem if Seattle losses 5+ games. Winning cures a lot. With the current SoS and barring any significant injuries no way do I see Seattle losing 5 games.

Yeah. Who knows if Richardson can keep his nose clean for an entire season. But I would imagine that he is going to be pretty good for this season. He's joining an elite defense with a bunch of established stars with his first chance of being on legitimate contender.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Who knows if Richardson can keep his nose clean for an entire season. But I would imagine that he is going to be pretty good for this season. He's joining an elite defense with a bunch of established stars with his first chance of being on legitimate contender.
Yep plus playing for a contract. Nice pick up in deed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he won't help us in our biggest area of need, OL.
No but as long as that Oline doesn't get RW killed, Seattle will be fine. Could be a SB rematch on the horizon?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Hawks. But if he has a good year I can't see a way for Seattle to maintain what they have and sign Richardson to a new deal.
This team has done a really good job of keeping its core top players throughout the years, and we've been told time and again that we wouldn't be able to do it. The LOB is a great example of that. The 2nd corner has been a bit of a temp position, but the 3 who make it go have all been retained when we've been told that wasn't possible.

Most fans of opposing teams seem to think the Graham trade hasn't worked out. Well, he's a FA after this season but if he doesn't come back, the same crowd telling us the trade didn't work will probably also come tell us how we just lost an important piece. That's just how this dance goes.

The cap also goes up about 8% a year. That alone lets you keep a guy like Richardson. Just like they did with Baldwin to fit this trade in this year's cap, there's almost always a way to make more cap space if you need it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has done a really good job of keeping its core top players throughout the years, and we've been told time and again that we wouldn't be able to do it. The LOB is a great example of that. The 2nd corner has been a bit of a temp position, but the 3 who make it go have all been retained when we've been told that wasn't possible.

Most fans of opposing teams seem to think the Graham trade hasn't worked out. Well, he's a FA after this season but if he doesn't come back, the same crowd telling us the trade didn't work will probably also come tell us how we just lost an important piece. That's just how this dance goes.

The cap also goes up about 8% a year. That alone lets you keep a guy like Richardson. Just like they did with Baldwin to fit this trade in this year's cap, there's almost always a way to make more cap space if you need it.
Keeping the core together is one thing. Adding a player who will likely will command north of $11M to that D from the offensive side of the ball is not the best business practice. Lack of depth has shown us this time and time again.
Good luck going forward we'll see how this plays out.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping the core together is one thing. Adding a player who will likely will command north of $11M to that D from the offensive side of the ball is not the best business practice. Lack of depth has shown us this time and time again.
Good luck going forward we'll see how this plays out.
Even if this doesn't end up being a 1 year rental, the only starter on the OL that a decision needs to be made on after the season is Joeckel. LT Odhiambo is a 2nd year player. Britt just signed an extension. RG is a 3rd year player. Ifedi is in his 2nd year. Churning the line every year is also not a best practice, and it appears the team may finally be in a position not to do that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but as long as that Oline doesn't get RW killed, Seattle will be fine. Could be a SB rematch on the horizon?

Every Seahawks-Patriots game during the Wilson era has been pretty damned good so I would imagine that would be a pretty fun Super Bowl for most fans.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if this doesn't end up being a 1 year rental, the only starter on the OL that a decision needs to be made on after the season is Joeckel. LT Odhiambo is a 2nd year player. Britt just signed an extension. RG is a 3rd year player. Ifedi is in his 2nd year. Churning the line every year is also not a best practice, and it appears the team may finally be in a position not to do that.
I was referring to potentially replacing Richardson's salary with Graham's.

Agree on the Oline possibly stabilizing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for the Hawks. But if he has a good year I can't see a way for Seattle to maintain what they have and sign Richardson to a new deal.

If a 1yr rental helps win a SB, I'll take it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a 1yr rental helps win a SB, I'll take it.

Can't argue with that.

NE making all kinds of deals but not picking up a DL who can rush the passer. Color me jelly

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with that.

NE making all kinds of deals but not picking up a DL who can rush the passer. Color me jelly

That's what made me nervous with SR being on the trade block for well over a year with teams like NE, GB, Dal etc looming to add a big man. I too would have been jelly if he ended up on one of those rosters.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what made me nervous with SR being on the trade block for well over a year with teams like NE, GB, Dal etc looming to add a big man. I too would have been jelly if he ended up on one of those rosters.
I could understand the Jets not trading him to NE. But, the others were a head scratcher. I think it was more about his attitude vs. his skill set. He's going to play angry in Seattle. Opposing QBs watch out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would have to move some pieces for sure...